Thread Tools
Jul 26, 2015, 01:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
So will it work or not? The manual is confusing.

FWIW... I've seen you post setups with 4 receivers before so I could ask you why you posted them. Should I?
What are you trying to do?

Zb/Esprit Model
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2015, 01:22 PM
Registered User
Sillyness's Avatar

Official Info: Jeti 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates….


Expensive model with a lot of obstructions to RF (metal, gallon of fuel, etc...). Looking at 3 receivers in various locations.

All I want to know is if I can plug a 3rd receiver into the EXT1 or if I need to run it in clone mode and daisy chain it through one of the other receivers.
Last edited by Sillyness; Jul 26, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
Jul 26, 2015, 01:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
Expensive model with a lot of obstructions to RF (metal, gallon of fuel, etc...). Looking at 3 receivers in various locations.

All I want to know is if I can plug a 3rd receiver into the EXT1 or if I need to run it in clone mode and daisy chain it through one of the other receivers.
You would be better using servo extensions and clear both receivers of obstructions. There is no way of getting telemetry on more than 2 receivers and 4 antennas. People who use clones do not know if they are working.

Zb
Jul 26, 2015, 07:27 PM
Registered User
Sillyness's Avatar
That's interesting. Has anyone tried wrapping the antennas of the primary receiver in foil to see if the clone receiver's signal makes it through the system to the centralbox?
Jul 26, 2015, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
That's interesting. Has anyone tried wrapping the antennas of the primary receiver in foil to see if the clone receiver's signal makes it through the system to the centralbox?
Just not to confuse people, clones they do work but there is no way of displaying telemetry data from antennas. Kind of like the "good old days"

Zb/Esprit Model
Jul 26, 2015, 09:19 PM
ARF Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
That's interesting. Has anyone tried wrapping the antennas of the primary receiver in foil to see if the clone receiver's signal makes it through the system to the centralbox?
Actually,
Yes I did that
When I started testing the first Jeti systems brought into the USA. But I used copper tape

Danny
Jul 26, 2015, 10:30 PM
Registered User
Sillyness's Avatar
Great minds . What did it look like? Did signal telemetry go to zero but your servos kept a solid link with the TX?
Jul 26, 2015, 10:37 PM
ARF Addict
No signal but full control. FYI this was with a pair of R9's, one set as a clone on a 36" extension, and on an earlier FW than what is being used today.

Danny
Jul 27, 2015, 08:32 AM
Registered User
Sillyness's Avatar
That's kind of brilliant. Worth thinking about. I know I can't monitor it, but I'm ok with a silent buddy that I can test now and again. Did you try shielding the clone receiver's antennas separately?

A receiver nose and tail with a back-up in a wingtip doesn't sound like the worst idea ever.
Jul 27, 2015, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Jedei120's Avatar
Between freaky mixes, gyros and quads that fly themselves, does anyone care to use their own skills to try to fly planes anymore? I guess its just part of today's society "everyone gets to be a winner"!
Jul 27, 2015, 09:13 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedei120
Between freaky mixes, gyros and quads that fly themselves, does anyone care to use their own skills to try to fly planes anymore? I guess its just part of today's society "everyone gets to be a winner"!
I was fortunate enough to have learned to fly RC back in the mid 70's (Kraft and Futaba) when there were no mixed, no exp, not even servo reversing or end point adjustment

So even today, I am usually very conservative (old school) when it comes to using "modern luxuries" on the radios.
However, I do really enjoy telemetry
Jul 27, 2015, 09:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedei120
Between freaky mixes, gyros and quads that fly themselves, does anyone care to use their own skills to try to fly planes anymore? I guess its just part of today's society "everyone gets to be a winner"!
Pretty funny!
This is the insight a guy sporting of the most sophisticated radio/telem systems available. But you don't need any of it! Same guy who traded up for a regular DS-16 to a Red Racer Bling out version!!! And uses it for an Avator! What because it was more down to earth!!!
Your funny! This forum need more humor like that!
Jul 27, 2015, 09:53 AM
Thread OP
I used to be like that, who needs it/I do not need that!!!!!! And now look at me, GIVE me everything; there is NO way I will go back. Electric car, iPhone, Internet Everywhere, Telemetry, Unlimited mixing ..................

And I want everything beautifully, elegantly designed.

Zb/Esprit Model
Jul 27, 2015, 10:55 AM
Forbidden to have url here :)
TeroS's Avatar
And working That is what Jeti is best at
Latest blog entry: www.rc-thoughts.com
Jul 27, 2015, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Jedei120's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenjw
Pretty funny!
This is the insight a guy sporting of the most sophisticated radio/telem systems available. But you don't need any of it! Same guy who traded up for a regular DS-16 to a Red Racer Bling out version!!! And uses it for an Avator! What because it was more down to earth!!!
Your funny! This forum need more humor like that!
Not a damn thing you stated is for why I own a DS-16! Except what you stated about the cool looking Red Racer! I don't like ugly women perhaps you do!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools