Apr 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
Professional idiot
That photo quite clearly shows a protective film on the anodised metal facia. Mine didn't come with one (bought last August) but I'm not surprised that one is fitted to protect it during assembly.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
I'm not surprised that one is fitted to protect it during assembly.
That would make sense. Mine did not come either with one. May be they had some that got some scratch after shipping and they will be shipped with it in the future.
Apr 15, 2013, 02:41 PM
The protective film is always removed before shipping... The metal itself is tough enough so it doesn't need any protective film.

To Mezon alarm - please check the status codes after your flight (see manual what is the meaning of the codes). Look (through Jetibox) for "I" or "IM" - the "IM" tells that the factory current limit has been reached and it is possible that it produces alarm. What is your setup and average / maximum current? I would try a slower ramp.
Apr 15, 2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou
Is there a protective film over the finishing of the dc16?

Thanks,
Le fou
From your picture it sure looks like it. When you press down on that raised bubble area does the underlying texture come through?
Apr 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
FWIW, my DC-16 came with film only on the LCD
The radio came in its aluminum case.
Apr 15, 2013, 07:30 PM
Michael

+1 on Film/Case

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
FWIW, my DC-16 came with film only on the LCD
The radio came in its aluminum case.
Apr 15, 2013, 07:57 PM
Thread OP

Jeti Duplex Power Management "Wireless Switch & Central Box"

Check out our newest video of the Jeti Duplex Power Management Unit. You will see the fully programmable Jeti Duplex Central Box power distribution unit and revolutionary Wireless Power Switch fully integrated into the 2.4GHz radio system. For first time your receiver can be turned ON/OFF with simple flipping of the switch wirelessly from the Jeti DC/DS-16 transmitter.

The Central Box features (15) Programmable Servo Output Channels. (3) Sensor Inputs, (2) Protected Power Input Connectors, and (1) Wireless or Magnetic Switch Connector.

Zb/Esprit Model

Jeti Duplex Power Management "Wireless Switch & Central Box" (7 min 46 sec)
Apr 16, 2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpg265
speaking of which... can we get an update as to when the DS-16's will start shipping?
Lets not skip this question. There are lots of us wondering this same thing.
Apr 16, 2013, 02:11 AM
Soaring in Sol Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
For first time your receiver can be turned ON/OFF with simple flipping of the switch wirelessly from the Jeti DC/DS-16 transmitter.

That seems a little scary! I can just imagine someone accidentally hitting the switch mid flight.
Apr 16, 2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcGman
That seems a little scary! I can just imagine someone accidentally hitting the switch mid flight.
Really? I looked at the video and saw a two step operation: first the toggle switch and then the button to turn it off.
Apart from that the range is only 3-4m, so why is it scary?
Apr 16, 2013, 06:56 AM
My question is if the switch fails or wires come unplugged does the main module failsafe to on or off? Or is it programmable?
Apr 16, 2013, 09:34 AM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiscus
My question is if the switch fails or wires come unplugged does the main module failsafe to on or off? Or is it programmable?
It's fail ON. Obviously if wires from a battery come unplugged you are hosed, but that's why there are TWO redundant battery connections.

Peter+
Apr 16, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
Unfortunately introduction of this “Super Highly Anticipated Product” was not as simple as we have hoped (Nothing ever is). Jeti had made last minute strategic decision about upgrading DS-16 software to 2.00 version with new 100Hz software and add all the bells and whistles they have been slowly introducing over last few weeks. They made us come to work on Saturday and completely redo the pdf. manual to reflect all the updates. We had to line up FCC Labels, Freight Forward Company, US Customs, Manual Printing and Custom Broker in the order to make this transition as smooth as possible.

Conclusion:
1) All radios will have NEW software
2) You will have NEW Data Analyzer, Sequencer, RC Switch……………
3) Shipment is due this Sunday at Orlando Airport
4) Will ship to customers early next week, right after we clear US customs

Zb/Esprit Model
Last edited by Esprit Model; Apr 16, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Apr 16, 2013, 10:15 AM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Unfortunately introduction of this “Super Highly Anticipated Product” was not as simple as we have hoped (Nothing never is). Jeti had made last minute strategic decision about upgrading DS-16 software to 2.00 version with new 100Hz software and add all the bells and whistles they have been slowly introducing over last few weeks. They made us come to work on Saturday and completely redo the pdf. manual to reflect all the updates. We had to line up FCC Labels, Freight Forward Company, US Customs, Manual Printing and Custom Broker in the order to make this transition as smooth as possible.

Conclusion:
1) All radios will have NEW software
2) You will have NEW Data Analyzer, Sequencer, RC Switch……………
2) Shipment is due this Sunday at Orlando Airport
3) Will ship to customers early next week, right after we clear US customs

Zb/Esprit Model
That, of course, begs the question of when 2.0 SW will be available for the DC-16. :-)

Peter+
Apr 16, 2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
That, of course, begs the question of when 2.0 SW will be available for the DC-16. :-)

Peter+

I second that

Quick Reply