May 25, 2015, 12:18 PM
Forbidden to have url here :)
This might interest some of You: https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2015/05/...ogress-report/
Latest blog entry: www.rc-thoughts.com
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2015, 12:38 PM
Some noob questions but I am totally new in the Jeti world. I just sold my entire futaba equipment (18mz.....).

What is the difference EX and REX rx?

Johan
May 25, 2015, 01:05 PM
EX is the "traditional" receiver and REX is the new with for example few configurable outputs and possibility to use more than one telemetry input straight to receiver. REX also has some logging functions I'm not familiar with yet.
May 25, 2015, 01:28 PM
Isn't the logging transferred and stored in the tx?
May 25, 2015, 01:31 PM
Yes, that is one reason I don't get the log-thing on RX. Gotta find out what's that about. ZB?
May 25, 2015, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeroS
Yes, that is one reason I don't get the log-thing on RX. Gotta find out what's that about. ZB?
You only log to the transmitter if you have logging enabled. I believe the logging in the receiver will be a first in first out buffer that is always logging internally. That way if you DIDN'T have logging enabled in the transmitter and suspected a problem of some sort you could still look at the logging buffer in the receiver and hopefully see what happened.

Wayne
May 25, 2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_S
Yes, from the sounds of your testing, it does look like the Jeti code which is at fault.

Neither EX Bus nor S.Bus have a mechanism for preventing drastic changes in output signals. What you've described sounds like a programming issue. EX Bus uses 16-bit values, while S.Bus uses 11-bits, and it is possible for simple conversion code to cause a "wrap around", where values outside the limits of the 11-bits end up at the other end of the range.

My SlinkE sbus converter code explicitly does a check for EX Bus values beyond the allowable S.Bus range and will clip any extreme values. I'm sure Jeti will be able add such a check, and prevent the problem you've seen.
Another thing I notice is the decoded S.Bus pulse width is different than the corresponding normal servo output pulse width on the receiver. Is that to be expected? Do you see similar results comparing the output of your SlinkE to the corresponding servo output port? Again it is not a must, but it would seem logical to make it the same.

Jim O
May 25, 2015, 04:23 PM
There is no reason why the servo positions should be different when using S.Bus vs PPM. In fact a specific guideline I set for the SlinkE code (and achieved) was "If I own an S.Bus servo and drive it with standard PPM signal from my Jeti DS-16, and then change over to using an S.Bus digital signal, I expect the neutral point and travels will not change".

Jeti are probably doing a few shortcuts in calculating the conversion from EX Bus to S.Bus. The ATMega processor used on the Duplex receivers does not have hardware support for floating point calculations, and doing these calcs in software tends to require a lot of processing time and/or memory. With everything else the poor little processor is doing, I would not be at all surprised that it is running pretty close to the limit.
May 25, 2015, 09:41 PM
I thought I remember asking this but searched and nothing came up. The Spin pro 200 has dual battery connectors. I am assuming that is a parallel connection for 2 lipo's?
May 26, 2015, 03:49 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
I thought I remember asking this but searched and nothing came up. The Spin pro 200 has dual battery connectors. I am assuming that is a parallel connection for 2 lipo's?
Look at the 300; it has 3 sets of (large) red/black input leads
It us simply for ampscity ratings, not for parallel/multiple batteries

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/katalog/...-Pro-300-opto/

The smaller gauge red/black are voltage sense for built in anti-spark
I believe the connection sequence is discussed in the manual on the jeti website
May 26, 2015, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Can anybody answer above?

Also complete novice question, also searched with no luck. Coming from Spektrum and used to setting up 1 Ail 1 Flap. Did not see this as an option. I would like to not use 2 channels for my ailerons in this first setup. Am I missing something or do I just assign both ailerons to the same channel?
May 26, 2015, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Also complete novice question, also searched with no luck. Coming from Spektrum and used to setting up 1 Ail 1 Flap. Did not see this as an option. I would like to not use 2 channels for my ailerons in this first setup. Am I missing something or do I just assign both ailerons to the same channel?
For your aileron set up I suppose you mean 2 servos per ailerons.
1) Choose in Basic Properties as below 0 flaps and 2 ail
2) In Servo Assignment menu assign/add two servos position to aileron 1 and two servo position to Aileron 2. ( I don't have a screenshot of that the example below shows on servo per ailerons). So you could have "2" as Aileron 1 and "3" as Aileron 1 then "4"as Aileron 2 and "5" as Aileron 2 then move Elevator and Rudder accordingly to other position.
Now two plugs on your Rx will be assigned for your left ailerons and two for your right ailerons.
May 26, 2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
For your aileron set up I suppose you mean 2 servos per ailerons.
1) Choose in Basic Properties as below 0 flaps and 2 ail
2) In Servo Assignment menu assign/add two servos position to aileron 1 and two servo position to Aileron 2. ( I don't have a screenshot of that the example below shows on servo per ailerons). So you could have "2" as Aileron 1 and "3" as Aileron 1 then "4"as Aileron 2 and "5" as Aileron 2 then move Elevator and Rudder accordingly to other position.
Now two plugs on your Rx will be assigned for your left ailerons and two for your right ailerons.
Thanks, but what I meant was 2 aileron servos on a Y cable to a single channel and 2 flap servos on a Y cable to a single channel. Having 2 Aileron, 1 Flap as the lowest setting means I would have to remove the Y cable on the ailerons and plug them each into a separate channel. I would like to keep them on the Y and stick with a single channel. In the Spektrum world this is the 1 ail 1 flap option.
May 26, 2015, 10:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks, but what I meant was 2 aileron servos on a Y cable to a single channel and 2 flap servos on a Y cable to a single channel. Having 2 Aileron, 1 Flap as the lowest setting means I would have to remove the Y cable on the ailerons and plug them each into a separate channel. I would like to keep them on the Y and stick with a single channel. In the Spektrum world this is the 1 ail 1 flap option.
Just plug it to S1 and use set up as single servo.

Zb/Esprit Model
May 26, 2015, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Just plug it to S1 and use set up as single servo.

Zb/Esprit Model
Thanks and under servo assignments I can just remove aileron 2 from channel 4 to free it up for something else?

Quick Reply