Thank you all for the responses.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2015, 02:41 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAyThaRevo
@Jedei: I assume all your load is connected to the Central Box? If so, the current draw from the RX can be neglected if you are concerned about the voltage drop. Make sure to use the digital protocol (EX Bus), that way any corrupt data packet should be thrown out as such. No so if you configure it as PPM, which is analog and any interference due to the long wire will cause the false data packet to not be discarded due to its analog nature.

Side fact: Jeti RXs are able to operate down to 3.3V.
PPM is not analog. It is 'digital' in the same manner as EX is digital.
May 18, 2015, 02:42 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Thanks for the input. The Jeti box you mention is the Profi or Spin?
Jetibox:
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tele...rogrammer.aspx

Very handy to have around when setting up all things Jeti.
May 18, 2015, 05:03 PM
Quote:
With any luck I should have my DS-16 this week. I am going to start with my trusty Freewing 80mm F-86 saber as the guinea pig. I have a 100 or so flights on it and if it gets damaged in the process it is easily replaced.
I plan to use the following:

R7
Mezon Lite 120
2 x E4 EX
MSpeed EX
Malti EX
MT 125 EX
Muli 6s EX
Demon Cortex gyro - I want to attempt adjustable gyro gain relative to airspeed

With the above I want to monitor: Signal strength, Motor RPM, Amp draw, ESC Temp, Mah used, ESC BEC voltage (no separate Rx pack in this application), Airspeed, Altitude, Temp on single 6s pack in 2 places, and individual cell voltages. Is there anything missing I can monitor with the above setup?

Hi,

keep in mind that Jeti-Telemetry is limited to 32 individual values. And the bandwidth for telemetry is also limited. To many items will lead to updates once per second or less for an individual item. This may be to slow for regulation of the gyro gain.

I'd start with essential telemetry values like RX and flight pack voltage. And I don't like the expanders - therefore I like the 3rd party sensors which combine functions. Unisens-E for example.

gecko
May 18, 2015, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko_749
Hi,

keep in mind that Jeti-Telemetry is limited to 32 individual values. And the bandwidth for telemetry is also limited. To many items will lead to updates once per second or less for an individual item. This may be to slow for regulation of the gyro gain.

I'd start with essential telemetry values like RX and flight pack voltage. And I don't like the expanders - therefore I like the 3rd party sensors which combine functions. Unisens-E for example.

gecko
So how do you calculate this? What is the practical math to do so? I dont like guessing. Thanks.
May 18, 2015, 08:06 PM
Quote:
So how do you calculate this? What is the practical math to do so? I dont like guessing. Thanks.
I have reached upwards of 12 points, it gets to be a wiring nightmare and a lot of data to manage.

I set up a quad copter to monitor temperature and current on 4 ESCs
Main battery voltage which included current
Ambient and battery temperatures
Cell voltages
Almost forgot the default receiver data.

It was interesting to see the effect the BEC had on one of the ESCs, it ran rather warm compared to the other 3. I wouldn't normally do it except I was comparing different components and props.

Ed
May 18, 2015, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromagnetic
I was contemplating getting the DS-14 myself. Was it cost effect for you to upgrade? I have an MUI 50A also, Have not wired it up yet either.
It was cost effective enough...the old adage - if you want it you will find a way. Sold my DX9-Black edition to get it.
May 19, 2015, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
PPM is not analog. It is 'digital' in the same manner as EX is digital.

Well yes. You are right ofc.
I was merlely trying to point out that, there is no kind of error correction or way to determine if the data packets are corrupted (EX bus at least has parity bit) other than plausibility check ( 1ms<X<2ms, something like that).
May 19, 2015, 08:53 AM
CB 200 Question: Does this device retain its battery usage telemetry info after the TX and RX are turned off? I ask as I have one in an electric sailplane and battery info seems to disappear between flights (batteries remain connected )but maybe I don't have it set correctly.

Steve
May 19, 2015, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
CB 200 Question: Does this device retain its battery usage telemetry info after the TX and RX are turned off? I ask as I have one in an electric sailplane and battery info seems to disappear between flights (batteries remain connected )but maybe I don't have it set correctly.

Steve
Yes it does and actually you have to physically tell it not to.
In the CB200 Menu under telemetry max/min you will see a "Clear min/max switch" menu it will reset everything. You must have something that is resetting this automatically for you
May 19, 2015, 09:21 AM
Thanks Puttputt, I'll poke around and find out what's causing the device to automatically reset. Have to say it works great and the magnetic switch option is a winner.
May 19, 2015, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Thanks Puttputt, I'll poke around and find out what's causing the device to automatically reset. Have to say it works great and the magnetic switch option is a winner.
Screw that mag switch...go wireless....LOL
May 19, 2015, 01:21 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedei120
Screw that mag switch...go wireless....LOL
R3SW is a nice convenience, but the standby power might be an issue for some; the mag switch is much lower IIRC based on earlier measurements in this thread
May 19, 2015, 01:29 PM
And using a magnet is a very deliberate and conscious action to turn on/off the RX, something I much prefer as well as the nominal battery drain. Yes, I'm old school but 90% of this hobby is avoiding dumb mistakes.
May 19, 2015, 01:34 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
And using a magnet is a very deliberate and conscious action to turn on/off the RX, something I much prefer as well as the nominal battery drain. Yes, I'm old school but 90% of this hobby is avoiding dumb mistakes.
I agree, but a locking switch and the R3SW would be just as safe as the Mag switch I suppose...

Quick Reply