New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:59 PM
jygwkuo is offline
Find More Posts by jygwkuo
Registered User

Devo 7E programming


I got the Super FP with a Devo7E. Great little FP flyer. In some of the 7E programming, you can choose SPS0 SW, SPS1 SW, SPS2 SW, SPS3 SW, or SPS4 SW. I think they are assignable switches but which switch is pertaining to what? And what are they used for? If anyone knows, please help. Thank you and much appreciated.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:29 AM
Xermalk is offline
Find More Posts by Xermalk
Registered User
i think sps0-> sps3 is the trim tabs. Atleast thats my best guess.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
Razors edge 29 is online now
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
has anyone done a mode change yet?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
dariobrit is offline
Find More Posts by dariobrit
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jygwkuo View Post
I got the Super FP with a Devo7E. Great little FP flyer. In some of the 7E programming, you can choose SPS0 SW, SPS1 SW, SPS2 SW, SPS3 SW, or SPS4 SW. I think they are assignable switches but which switch is pertaining to what? And what are they used for? If anyone knows, please help. Thank you and much appreciated.
SPS0 SW and all the others are "virtual" switches... For example, I set SPS0 SW with throttle at -20% to enable the timer so I can know the exact flying time. Atm I'm not doing 3D so when the throttle moves over -20% the timer starts, and stops when it's below.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:44 PM
jygwkuo is offline
Find More Posts by jygwkuo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariobrit View Post
SPS0 SW and all the others are "virtual" switches... For example, I set SPS0 SW with throttle at -20% to enable the timer so I can know the exact flying time. Atm I'm not doing 3D so when the throttle moves over -20% the timer starts, and stops when it's below.
Thanks for the reply. Let me see if I understand you correctly. If they are virtual switches, can they be assigned to the Flight Mode and Throttle Hold switches? Or it is only assignable to the sticks (rudder/throttle; elevator/aileron)?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:02 PM
dariobrit is offline
Find More Posts by dariobrit
Registered User
mm... don't know really what do you mean...
Flight Mode and Throttle Hold switches are phisical, the SPx are for your creation only for a specified stick position (you specify which position).
In theory (I didn't test it) they can be assigned, for example, at -100% to "throttle hold", so you don't have to hit the switch when crashing; just lower the stick to minimum... (may be dangerous if you're doing 3D at push negative pitch to max...
As I said, atm, I only find it useful for the timer...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
jygwkuo is offline
Find More Posts by jygwkuo
Registered User
Thanks for you help, dariobrit. If they are only virtual switches for the sticks, which is which. For example, SPS0 = left stick throttle? SPS1 = right stick aileron? SPS2 = right stick elevator? SPS3 = ? SPS4 = ? Basically, there are 5 virtual switches from SPS0 to SPS4. How do you know which stick (right or left) and movement (up/down or left/right) is controlling which virtual switch?
Your help is much appreciated.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
dariobrit is offline
Find More Posts by dariobrit
Registered User
These switches are not assigned by default; you have to assign each one to your needs.
You can set SPS0 (or any other) to any stick and set the "trigger" value by percentage (positive or negative). Also you can set if it is "normal on" or "normal off", so it is fully programable.
There you only select "where" the switch is, but not "what it does" (search for "device output" for that).

Anyway, I'm still learning all the functions... jeje
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
jygwkuo is offline
Find More Posts by jygwkuo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariobrit View Post
These switches are not assigned by default; you have to assign each one to your needs.
You can set SPS0 (or any other) to any stick and set the "trigger" value by percentage (positive or negative). Also you can set if it is "normal on" or "normal off", so it is fully programable.
There you only select "where" the switch is, but not "what it does" (search for "device output" for that).

Anyway, I'm still learning all the functions... jeje
Thanks again dariobrit. That clears things up a little bit. I have the manual but it doesn't really explain anything. I just have to play around with the Tx more. I was thinking about getting the Devo 10 sometime in the future. But now I have second thoughts because the software is the same as the the Devo 7e. I still like my 2801 pro but I'm not sure about using the Magic Cube to fly Devo equipped models.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
helicopter_new is offline
Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Registered User
To the owners of the Devo 7E, we want a video review!!!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:24 PM
MWShelton is offline
Find More Posts by MWShelton
Registered User
I bought an Exceed X100 with a radio. Its branded Exceed but in small print in the right hand corner it has in small print Devo 7. Is it the same radio as the Devo 7E?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:18 AM
FDR_ is offline
Find More Posts by FDR_
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
I bought an Exceed X100 with a radio. Its branded Exceed but in small print in the right hand corner it has in small print Devo 7. Is it the same radio as the Devo 7E?
Nope. If it is a full size tx with segmented display, than that is a DEVO 7:
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=DEVO7
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:35 AM
MWShelton is offline
Find More Posts by MWShelton
Registered User
Its a Devo, 7. Is it worth the cost and trouble to get a 7E. What are the advantages?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:58 AM
FDR_ is offline
Find More Posts by FDR_
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
Its a Devo, 7. Is it worth the cost and trouble to get a 7E. What are the advantages?
7E advantages:
- better user interface. Much better!
- smaller size, if you have small hands, or plan to travel it a lot;
- sooner or later will get deviation firmware: http://www.deviationtx.com/

7E disadvantages:
- smaller size, if you have big hands;
- fewer controls, i.e. switches, trims and the plus pot.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:06 AM
MWShelton is offline
Find More Posts by MWShelton
Registered User
I have small hands. I'm all for easier programming! I already have a DX8 and a FS9x so the firmware would not be that advantageous. Now for the stupid question (I'm a noob) Whats a plus pot? If you were going to buy a small Walkera heli that comes with a 7E which one would you buy?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New Devo 7E Radio from Walkera!! thwaitm Radios 3 Jul 17, 2012 02:41 AM
For Sale $ 1.00 NIB Walkera Devo 12S Radio With Telemetry Module (WK-CTL01-D) Aurora9 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 May 10, 2012 12:07 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 01:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 12:38 PM
New Product Walkera V18G01 with optional Devo 12 radio zadaw Fuel Heli Talk 11 Jun 10, 2011 11:01 PM