Sep 14, 2012, 09:02 PM
Ready to fly a real Heli now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
You're not missing much with no gear switch, but without a mix switch you can't alter the gyro setting without entering into the menu system. It's not so important most of the time.

It won't, as is, bind with your 120SR. It's for Walkera receivers only...
The Deviation firmware will allow that but it is only available for the 6, 8 and 12 systems at this time.
Ok, got it on the gyro settings. Thanks for clarifying that I couldn't bind out of box too.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2012, 10:03 PM
Can this tx work with Super FP?
Sep 16, 2012, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeh_46
Can this tx work with Super FP?
Super FP, Mini CP, Genius FP, Genius CP, Master CP, V200D01(Devo), Ladybird V1&2, Hoten-X and any other recent Devention Walkera.
I'd not recommend fly the V400D01 or V450D03 with it although it should work.
Range is probably further than you can see for them all.
Sep 17, 2012, 03:43 AM
Rotorhead
Hi all!

Anyone knows if the manual is available anywhere?
Considering one of these, or the Devo 10... Need to check things!
Sep 17, 2012, 03:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrslakt
Hi all!

Anyone knows if the manual is available anywhere?
Considering one of these, or the Devo 10... Need to check things!
Check the downloads at Walkera.com

Devo 10 is definitely there. 7E appears not to be...
Sep 17, 2012, 04:18 AM
Read through the devo hacking thread, i posted the manual somewhere in there around a month ago.

Found it https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post22432657
Sep 17, 2012, 05:42 AM
Rotorhead
Found it!

Many thanks!
Sep 20, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hi people!
I got my minicp with my brand new DEVO7E... and... does anyone know why the FMOD is inverted? (or may be something is wrongly programed).
When using STUNT mode the heli is pretty stable, and the swashplate compensate in realtime as I move the heli (holding with my hand).
But when I put in NORMAL, the servos only respond to my movements, not compensating anything and the worst thing is that the tail also stop compensating... Is like deactivating all gyros...

The radio came with default settings, so I put standard curves and so... but I must have missed something...
Sep 21, 2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariobrit
Hi people!
I got my minicp with my brand new DEVO7E... and... does anyone know why the FMOD is inverted? (or may be something is wrongly programed).
When using STUNT mode the heli is pretty stable, and the swashplate compensate in realtime as I move the heli (holding with my hand).
But when I put in NORMAL, the servos only respond to my movements, not compensating anything and the worst thing is that the tail also stop compensating... Is like deactivating all gyros...

The radio came with default settings, so I put standard curves and so... but I must have missed something...
Gyro gain must be above 50% for the gyro to be active. Check your TX menu, Function/Gyro IIRC.
Sep 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
Yes, I tried but... I can't enter the gyro menu. It seems I must have set the FMOD switch to GYRO instead of ACTIVE. If I put FMOD to GYRO, it doens't seem to do anything, the heli is out of control and there's no difference switching FMOD. I set to 85% in Function->Gyro and it's the same.

So... what I have to put in FMOD switch? Active, Gyro or Governor? I know what Governor is, so I think that's not. In Active, at least I can fly but when I switch FMOD the heli goes crazy...
Someone that have MiniCP with DEVO7e... how do you have it set?
Sep 22, 2012, 04:43 AM
Model menu -> Device Output ->
AUX2
Function
Gyro

Function Menu -> Gyro Sensor
Manual
Channel
AUX2
Switch
FMOD SW
Pos0 75%
Pos1 75%
Sep 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk
Model menu -> Device Output ->
AUX2
Function
Gyro

Function Menu -> Gyro Sensor
Manual
Channel
AUX2
Switch
FMOD SW
Pos0 75%
Pos1 75%
Excellent! I got it working with that config! Thank you!
Sep 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
Questions for those familiar with the 7E and/or quadcopters:

I see that the 7E has only 2 switches. Suppose I wanted to use this transmitter for a Ladybird and a quad with the KK2.0 board. Since only 5 channels are needed (the 5th being auto-level on/off or "stunt mode"), I assume the left switch would be left as throttle hold and the right would handle the 5th channel. My question is if the right switch could also be used for DR at the same time? For example, maybe you want to use a different rate in stunt mode.

Also, since I'm still new to quadcopters, is there any reason the 7E wouldn't work? I assume the 2 (or 3?) switch usages I mentioned above would be sufficient for basic quads. I only plan to fly a ladybird and my own built quad with the KK2.0 board for fun and can't see myself getting in to anything more advanced.

Finally, why is the 7E 7 channels when there are only 6 inputs on the transmitter? Isn't this effectively a 6 channel transmitter?
Sep 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthos23
Questions for those familiar with the 7E and/or quadcopters:

I see that the 7E has only 2 switches. Suppose I wanted to use this transmitter for a Ladybird and a quad with the KK2.0 board. Since only 5 channels are needed (the 5th being auto-level on/off or "stunt mode"), I assume the left switch would be left as throttle hold and the right would handle the 5th channel. My question is if the right switch could also be used for DR at the same time? For example, maybe you want to use a different rate in stunt mode.

Also, since I'm still new to quadcopters, is there any reason the 7E wouldn't work? I assume the 2 (or 3?) switch usages I mentioned above would be sufficient for basic quads. I only plan to fly a ladybird and my own built quad with the KK2.0 board for fun and can't see myself getting in to anything more advanced.

Finally, why is the 7E 7 channels when there are only 6 inputs on the transmitter? Isn't this effectively a 6 channel transmitter?
Yes, you could use the STUNT switch to change between normal and stunt flying and if you set it up to use different rates between the two that would work as well.

For the question about 6 or 7 channels...
The THROTTLE stick/channel can also control the PITCH channel. So, depending on if you wanted to turn lights on or something depending on if the PITCH channel was high or low it would be possible by setting the PITCH channel curve vis-a-vis the throttle stick position.
Sep 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
Yes, you could use the STUNT switch to change between normal and stunt flying and if you set it up to use different rates between the two that would work as well.

For the question about 6 or 7 channels...
The THROTTLE stick/channel can also control the PITCH channel. So, depending on if you wanted to turn lights on or something depending on if the PITCH channel was high or low it would be possible by setting the PITCH channel curve vis-a-vis the throttle stick position.
Awesome, thanks for the answers. Looks like the 7E will be my first real transmitter.

Quick Reply