A-6 Intruder 50mm w/PLANS, "i12flyrc" maidened 40" 70mm version W/VIDEO - Page 13 - RC Groups
Aug 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
nice job Mike, hows your arms?

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2012, 09:13 AM
I don't know about his arms, but that kind of sanding is always rough on my hands, hurt bad with arther after that! anyway,,,, got a power sander it helps with sanding wings like that?? Don't forget to sand in the washout on the wing Mike... Great progress there, looking good. w.
Sep 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mike, how is your plane coming?? w.
Sep 05, 2012, 09:09 PM
Mike
Hey Walt, I'm back at it. I was out of town over the long weekend and catching up on work these last two days. As such, progress has been a bit slow. Also trying to get ready for eJets tomorrow through Sunday. Good news about that is I get to fly for the next four days (weather permitting) and since its local, come home each evening and work on the A6 while charging batteries for the next day.

I have the left side done for the moment both front and rear. I need to lightly spackle and sand a few spots but otherwise its looking good. I have attached some picks of how I am starting out the right side. I decided to use my Xacto saw to get after the bulk of the trailing edge then sand to final shape with 100 grit followed up by 200 grit. I have finished the trailing edge on the right side since the last picture was taken.
Sep 06, 2012, 03:20 AM
looks good Mike!
ya know...you cant get a proper workout using a razor saw ya cheater

Joe
Sep 06, 2012, 08:30 PM
Looking great Mike!!!! Hey, have fun at the meet! fly alot, see anything really cool, take some pics and post them!! w.
Sep 07, 2012, 08:33 PM
Mike
Hey Walt, here's a few pics from eJets. There were a lot more planes there just thought I'd load a few pics. Two great days of flying so far. Hopefully the weather holds out for tomorrow but forecast calls for scattered showers and 15+ mph winds gusting to 30mph. It won't effect the big boys much (BVMs and such) but may be very selective on what I fly tomorrow.

Many different jets, Vampires, Venoms, F14, a DC 10, F100s, Migs, Phantoms and more but no A6's this year. There will be next year!
Last edited by i12flyrc; Sep 07, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Sep 07, 2012, 10:14 PM
Great pics Mike! Thanks for posting them!!! Been trying to get some things done in the shop, got a vid I'm working on, will post it soon, I'm slow on those.. W
Sep 08, 2012, 03:41 AM
oh man, that would be sweet to go to, one of the local fields has an electric fly-in every year but the last time I went several years ago I was the only one that had a jet to fly...and that was in the ni-cad days...I think just my battery weighed more than the AUW of most of my present jets..a little exaggerated...but not much

Joe
Sep 08, 2012, 05:43 AM
SUB'D GREAT build! Did ALOT of work on these babies in the Navy.
Sep 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
Addicted to building...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloperjoe
oh man, that would be sweet to go to, one of the local fields has an electric fly-in every year but the last time I went several years ago I was the only one that had a jet to fly...and that was in the ni-cad days...I think just my battery weighed more than the AUW of most of my present jets..a little exaggerated...but not much

Joe
Heeee heeee, I remember `10 ounce batteries on parkflyer jets, and batteries that we measued in 'pounds' on the 70+mm jobs....... We too would be the few and far between with an EDF at an electric meet 7-8 years ago......but.... I think you would find it quite different now a days. You probably would still be the few and far between with a scratch built job, but that is to be expected.....

Agree love the photos Mike, and hope you don't get rained out!

Fred
Sep 08, 2012, 06:43 PM
Here that Sundowners F4 is just lovely. Is that the E flite model?
Sep 08, 2012, 10:24 PM
Mike
Well the rain backed off by 9am, the wind was 15+ for awhile but still flew, the wind backed down by 3pm and we were flying til 6 followed by barbecue ribs and chicken and some flying at dusk. Turned out to be a real great day.

Yes that is the E Flite F4 and the Horizon Team has been there flying those and the HABU 2 all weekend.
Sep 09, 2012, 06:49 AM
Sounded like you had a great time Mike!!! You should try to plan for SEFF next spring. W
Sep 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mike
Walt, I would love to go to SEFF. I'm going to plan for the one next Spring. I understand you make good Margarita's!

I'm cutting fuse templates and fromers. Should be able to start gluing it together tonight. I will post pics tonight or tomorrow depending on what I get done.

BTW I decided I am going to go with a flying stab and Ailerons. I will take pics of the flying stab as I set it up. More to come.