Jul 16, 2012, 12:33 AM
Help!

How to Solder Micro Deans connectors

Hello

Does anyone have tips on how to solder the battery wires to the micro Deans plugs. Even if I soldered/heat shrunk one wire ... then the other, still the two prongs look awfully close to each other.

I tried looking for videos/tips on this forum, but couldn't find any. Any links to instructions (preferably with photos/videos) will be very much appreciated.

cheers, Khan
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2012, 03:53 AM
Reduce the drama...
How-To Solder Micro Deans (1 min 32 sec)
Jul 16, 2012, 05:53 AM
Space Coast USA
#1 Get a hands helper from Harbor Depot to hold the parts.
#2 Like was shown, solder the wire to the outside edge of the pin.
Jul 16, 2012, 08:53 AM
I tried them once and found them to be a pain. Just could not get the solder to flow right without deforming them from the heat. So I gave up and now use EC2s which are really easy. The EC2 are only .4grams more per pair and I like not having exposed pins.
Jul 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
Ignint McNugget
I've given up on micro deans also; I was tired of all the sparking when I got into parallel charging. You need seriously steady hands to avoid it!

I switched to mini T-plugs (look like miniature versions of the ubiquitous Dean's ultras). Never heard of EC2's until the previous post - they look like a great option too. Both are just 0.4 g/pair heavier than the Deans minis.