Jul 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
Discussion

Tbs discovery FPV Frame

I was thinking about getting one, so i was just seeing if anyone has it and how do u like it ? .
http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:98
Thanks G
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
There is talk about it in the VC-20-450 Quad Frame Thread : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...86612&page=423
Jul 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm admittedly bias, but I would not buy that.
Beyond my bias though, you'll have to rely on DJI to continue to manufacture those exact arms if you ever want to replace one a TBS frame. Why the frame does not include arms with the original purchase of the frame plates is also a bit strange to me. Seems 'cheap' to me IMHO that they would not be included...so for $75 you only get to frame plates and mounting hardware?!?
Jul 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys..
Jul 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Just buy lots of arms, they only cost 4 USD a piece after all. Stock up on them. I ordered the TBS plates and a set of 4 arms a while ago, should be here next week. I can't wait to put it together, I hope it flies better than the HT-FPV frame. For me it was absolutely unusable.

As for why people dislike these guys, I don't know. Something about NYC. Whatever. As for the frame being an imitation, that's just nonsense. There are only so many ways you can make a spider-style quad body and anyone who doesn't make a "tail" area for using a battery as a counter-weight is absolutely nuts. And it also has a built-in voltage sensor, power distribution for all ESCs and an extra FPV camera. So there are things on it that the HT-FPV just doesn't have.
Jul 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
It looks rather nice But is a bit on the pricey side though.

Wonder how good it will handle?

Post up some pics once you get her all built up
Jul 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Just buy lots of arms, they only cost 4 USD a piece after all. Stock up on them. I ordered the TBS plates and a set of 4 arms a while ago, should be here next week. I can't wait to put it together, I hope it flies better than the HT-FPV frame. For me it was absolutely unusable.
Man i have that frame coming, hope it works for me..
As for why people dislike these guys, I don't know. Something about NYC. Whatever. As for the frame being an imitation, that's just nonsense. There are only so many ways you can make a spider-style quad body and anyone who doesn't make a "tail" area for using a battery as a counter-weight is absolutely nuts. And it also has a built-in voltage sensor, power distribution for all ESCs and an extra FPV camera. So there are things on it that the HT-FPV just doesn't have.
I like how it has all that stuff in the frame, maybe i should get one , i can always sell it if i dont like it..
Jul 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
Mmmmmmm!
I'll definitely post my impressions of it later here, if it works for me or not.

As for the HT-FPV frame, a lot of people use it and enjoy it quite a bit. But I just couldn't get it to behave well, I always had issues with the YAW when used together with pitch and roll, or when going fast. And I tried lots of different sets of hardware. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
Jul 15, 2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I'll definitely post my impressions of it later here, if it works for me or not.

As for the HT-FPV frame, a lot of people use it and enjoy it quite a bit. But I just couldn't get it to behave well, I always had issues with the YAW when used together with pitch and roll, or when going fast. And I tried lots of different sets of hardware. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
We will see,
Thanks G
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:29 PM View Post
TBS.DISCOVERY
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Jul 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS.DISCOVERY View Post
it's modular, you can add the arms right on the site. We thought it would be a nice option to offer this for the existing F450 users without arms, especially before the DJI prices were twice of what they are now. the frame is $99.90, this includes a current sensor.
That is a good idea , i think i will try one out..
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:41 PM View Post
TBS.DISCOVERY
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Jul 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS.DISCOVERY View Post
here's the latest video by the way, this is a testimony to how it flies pretty much out of the box using the DJI Naza FC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1-bFZ0TOQ
COOL, can u share the naza setting for it??
Thanks G
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
G-unit
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while G-unit edits it.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:52 PM View Post
TBS.DISCOVERY