Aug 12, 2019, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell
Motion RC mate !
pretty sure Motion hasn't had one in stock for ages, they dont even have a single replacement part in stock.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2019, 07:44 PM

Neptune

Recently built mine from OEM parts.....only available at motionrc.com/eu. Euro is decent exchange rate, but shipping is $. I had to fabricate vertical stabs, not available.
Worth the time and cash for quality flyer, for sure
I used 64mm/12 blade fan from FMS with 4S /2300; ZTW 45A ESC (belly mount).
Good luck
Last edited by earp; Aug 12, 2019 at 07:49 PM. Reason: add
Aug 12, 2019, 08:04 PM
That’s too bad. The Neppy was a great flyer and you could make a powerful as all get out! I rarely hand launched mine. I’d put it on the grass and powered up. Ya should’ve seen some of the reactions I had!
Aug 13, 2019, 06:40 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
That’s too bad. The Neppy was a great flyer and you could make a powerful as all get out! I rarely hand launched mine. I’d put it on the grass and powered up. Ya should’ve seen some of the reactions I had!
Yep. Flew mine on 5S eventually. It was still smooth as can be at almost twice the listed flying weight. I still have it on the wall in the garage, awaiting repair and I have one NIB in my hobby room.

Quote:
My clubmate Mike J (a different Mike) said. "That's a Habu fan, it'll accept 5S, and I happen to have one with me". So with a Deans to APP adapter, some battery stuffing and some packing tape we test flew it. It was a bit nose heavy, but flew well and much faster.
So, today we got to radar it and measure the amps.
110 mph at 63 amps.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post36346652
Aug 13, 2019, 02:00 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
Originally Posted by earp
Recently built mine from OEM parts.....only available at motionrc.com/eu. Euro is decent exchange rate, but shipping is $. I had to fabricate vertical stabs, not available.
Worth the time and cash for quality flyer, for sure
I used 64mm/12 blade fan from FMS with 4S /2300; ZTW 45A ESC (belly mount).
Good luck
I bought mine NIB from listing/want add on RCGroups a year ago. Someone probably still has one NIB and has moved onto other things.

If they still have the pusher prop version it would probably not be too hard to mount a ducted fan instead.
Oct 11, 2019, 05:51 AM
Finally have mine ready. Does the nose need reinforcing?

lectronics seem to be working ok. Balances at 170mm with a 1500 3s and 180mm with a 2200 3s.

The 40 amp ESC is warm, not quite hot when at idle, hope that is normal.

I am hoping that I will be able to launch it using my Stryker pvc tube launch rail system.
Last edited by Creative RC; Oct 11, 2019 at 07:00 AM.
Oct 11, 2019, 06:12 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
I think it is fine unless of course you crash. But I think the canopy needs a latch. Lucky I added one because the magnet came off. I did laminate the entire bottom of the wing, just because it is so big and slides on the ground. I don't think it "needs" it stiffens it up a bit.
Oct 11, 2019, 06:38 AM

Neptune

If interested, I have almost new built from kit FOR SALE. I upgraded EDF. Excellent condition/no crashes
Central Florida location.
Oct 12, 2019, 01:09 PM
Here are my modifications to allow it to be used on a PVC tube launch rail. Those are 3M hooks to act as guides to keep it between the rails and beside the hooks you can see strips of frictionless tape where it will contact the PVC tubes. The 3M hooks are streamlined in shape.

The landing protection skid is from the wing tanks of a Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the electronics will be ok.
Last edited by Creative RC; Oct 12, 2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply