Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Camelboy is offline
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Discussion

Micro Swift


Anybody flying the Micro Swift? What electronics you using? Motor?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
3D RC is offline
Find More Posts by 3D RC
i didn't crash i landed hard!
3D RC's Avatar
do u mean mini swift? if so i use a hacker A-10,,,,,, 10amp esc...... 2 7.5 gram servos and a 340 mah batt
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:39 PM
Camelboy is offline
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D RC View Post
do u mean mini swift? if so i use a hacker A-10,,,,,, 10amp esc...... 2 7.5 gram servos and a 340 mah batt


No, it's actually smaller than the Mini-Swift, @ 16in wingspan,
just got it today, take a look at Comman Sense RC's site.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 04:52 AM
ConEx is offline
Find More Posts by ConEx
Registered User
ConEx's Avatar

Manufacturer Link


Hello,

Here is the original manufacturers link:

MS Composit micro swift

Main features:
Wingspan: 400mm
Flight Weight: 150g
Motor: 30W/ 2000KV
Recommended Accu: 2S LiPol 300-400mAh
ESC: min. 6A /BEC
Unfortunately there's no prop suggestion.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:50 PM
bluemeane is offline
Find More Posts by bluemeane
Registered User
bluemeane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
No, it's actually smaller than the Mini-Swift, @ 16in wingspan,
just got it today, take a look at Comman Sense RC's site.
Got any pictures of it? Of info on the build? Hows it fly??
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:48 AM
Camelboy is offline
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
Got any pictures of it? Of info on the build? Hows it fly??

Just started it, I have this motor for it, with Gws 5x3 prop.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1607032
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:15 AM
kenstogie is offline
Find More Posts by kenstogie
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Wow looks almost like a turnigy Bonsai or probably vice versa LOL.





Not sure if it's the same exact but here's what I use...

BUT BEWARE SOME ARE CONCERNED IT MAY PULL TO MANY AMPS AND FRY THE ESC

I haven't had that problem though and you could put a bigger esc on there too.


I have used 3 different power systems on the bonsai and this one so far is the best...... Speed, power, fairly light....

it works GREAT. 12A plush, 5 x 43 and a ORange 410rx, 460 3s nanotech, ADH300S Brushless Outrunner 2400kv, a heaviier battery like a 600 3s or even an 800 3s it can handle or you can add a penny or 3 to the front.
It goes straight up at half throttle. IT's kinda fast so if you don't like speed pratice some throttle control.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._BEC_BESC.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11882
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034
Last edited by kenstogie; Jul 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:26 PM
memnuts is offline
Find More Posts by memnuts
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Wow looks almost like a turnigy Bonsai or probably vice versa LOL.





Not sure if it's the same exact but here's what I use...

BUT BEWARE SOME ARE CONCERNED IT MAY PULL TO MANY AMPS AND FRY THE ESC

I haven't had that problem though and you could put a bigger esc on there too.


I have used 3 different power systems on the bonsai and this one so far is the best...... Speed, power, fairly light....

it works GREAT. 12A plush, 5 x 43 and a ORange 410rx, 460 3s nanotech, ADH300S Brushless Outrunner 2400kv, a heaviier battery like a 600 3s or even an 800 3s it can handle or you can add a penny or 3 to the front.
It goes straight up at half throttle. IT's kinda fast so if you don't like speed pratice some throttle control.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._BEC_BESC.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11882
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10034
No they are definitly not the same plane this micro swift is a 600mm span where as the bonsai is 800mm
a rather large difference. I have a feeling the microswift will go like hell with a decent power system that you would use on the bonsai. hhhmmm
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:37 PM
kenstogie is offline
Find More Posts by kenstogie
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by memnuts View Post
No they are definitly not the same plane this micro swift is a 600mm span where as the bonsai is 800mm
a rather large difference. I have a feeling the microswift will go like hell with a decent power system that you would use on the bonsai. hhhmmm
I love little flying wings , hmmmmmm is right How much is this thing in USD?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
I R Irv is offline
Find More Posts by I R Irv
Registered User
I R Irv's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I love little flying wings , hmmmmmm is right How much is this thing in USD?
I love little flying wings also but the price isn't something I'm willing to pay. UMX Stryker or S-Bach electrics would be my choice.
TODD
scroll to the bottom http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=116_118
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
Camelboy is offline
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
I love little flying wings also but the price isn't something I'm willing to pay. UMX Stryker or S-Bach electrics would be my choice.
TODD
scroll to the bottom http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=116_118

I'll admit. it is pricey for sure! I already had servos, sp. cntl, batts, & motor,
so it wasn't too bad. But, it's a Swift, and Swifts do fly good, since I already had two
previously, so I just had to have this one!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:10 AM
ConEx is offline
Find More Posts by ConEx
Registered User
ConEx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by memnuts View Post
No they are definitly not the same plane this micro swift is a 600mm span where as the bonsai is 800mm
a rather large difference. I have a feeling the microswift will go like hell with a decent power system that you would use on the bonsai. hhhmmm
Please read the specs
MS Composit Micro swift is 400 mm (15.75 inches for US natives)
Hobbyking Bonsai is 600 mm (23.62 inches)
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:15 AM
bluemeane is offline
Find More Posts by bluemeane
Registered User
bluemeane's Avatar
So NO ONE has any pictures of a build or the actual product( the ones online are all models as in PC models and not actual physical wings lol)

Didn't you say you got it last week Camel boy?? I have one on the way to my LHS but it won't be in until Thursday
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
Camelboy is offline
Find More Posts by Camelboy
Prog Rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
So NO ONE has any pictures of a build or the actual product( the ones online are all models as in PC models and not actual physical wings lol)

Didn't you say you got it last week Camel boy?? I have one on the way to my LHS but it won't be in until Thursday

Yeah, I got it last week. Now I just gotta get my lazy ass working on it!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:46 AM
kenstogie is offline
Find More Posts by kenstogie
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConEx View Post
Please read the specs
MS Composit Micro swift is 400 mm (15.75 inches for US natives)
Hobbyking Bonsai is 600 mm (23.62 inches)
Wow at half the wing span this thing is tiny and think it would be a little rocket with one of the bonsai power systems.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Swift NX, Swift 550 Carbon, Swift 16 - Parts (NEW) shipping CONUS LowWatts Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 19, 2012 01:09 AM
New Product Micro Swift bluemeane Flying Wings 1 May 14, 2012 01:53 PM
Movin on up from Micros (to Swift) heli_newbie Electric Heli Talk 1 Oct 31, 2005 11:51 PM
video of super swift electric (aka Super micro bandit) dave morris Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7 Nov 10, 2004 05:59 PM
super swift E (aka Micro bandit) on 400 watts dave morris Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 0 Oct 29, 2004 09:01 PM