View Poll Results: Is this helpful?
This is helpful 36 29.27%
I need more examples 9 7.32%
Please continue the tutorial lessons 67 54.47%
I'm finally begining to understand the EVO 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 03, 2004, 11:05 AM
Besides your not looking at it corectly you do not get more mixes you use the ones you have diffrently...

HOLD your horses!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2004, 11:07 AM
WOW life in the ballance Can you feel the stress life hanging in the ballance....
Feb 03, 2004, 11:08 AM
BREATH Harry BREATH! Don't turn blue over this.....
Feb 03, 2004, 11:21 AM
Are you smoking something that you shouldn't?
Feb 03, 2004, 11:45 AM
Just hold tight buddy. LOL! Your getting too serious step away from the key board. GRIN
Feb 03, 2004, 12:02 PM
Out of Time
Harry,
Just trying to have some imaginative fun here, and I haven't yet figured where one might want to do this, but:

What if you wanted to set up two DIFFERENT widgets to operate the SAME servo?... and that you'd want to set up the parameters for each channel to be different from the other so that they work on the same servo but in different ways? (How about if you wanted your speed brakes to work in two different ways such as with a switch (up/down) OR a slider (proportional).)

Wouldn't you assign two different channels to two different widgets but with both of the channels assigned to the same servo?
That would be an example of what I think Karlton is trying to say and would state the case where you could use more channels than you have servo's.

Again, I don't know where I would do something like that, but you KNOW someone is going to push the limits where they can.
Am I stretching a bit far with this?

Highflight
Feb 03, 2004, 12:11 PM

Thanks

Joedy
Thank you for all of the time and effort that you put into the tutorial. I do not have my radio but have just ordered one and I now see what all of the excitement is about. The manual was OK but you do not see all of the opportunities until you read the tutorial. What an eye opener to the wonderful world of Evo as compared to the world of AR. This is my first step up into the world of a real computer radio. I have a Futaba 7AU and a Hitech Flash 5X and there is no comparison. All of my Futaba’s (3 ea) are going on sale. I will keep the 5X just for a back up.

Again, thank you for opening up my eyes to what a real computer radio can do. Now all I need is for the radio to show up. The wait will be worth it though.

Carl
Feb 03, 2004, 12:52 PM
Razor Saver Man
Tried out my RE9 sunday and there is a very good connection between the Tx and the aircraft, good positive feel on all controls. Set up the digi adjusters on dual rates for ail and ele, worked very good for setting up the aircraft to respond just the way you want it to. The digi adjusters are easy to use while in flight, much better then the useless knobs on most of the AR's, IMHO.
Jerry
Feb 03, 2004, 01:21 PM

Joedy Thank you!!!

this tutorial is awesome.... I am now trying to apply it to a 40% with 16 servos... 4 on each aileron, 2 each elevator, 4 rudder, 1 throttle one smoke and i am ussing a DPSIRV.
Feb 03, 2004, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Highflight
Wouldn't you assign two different channels to two different widgets but with both of the channels assigned to the same servo?
That would be an example of what I think Karlton is trying to say and would state the case where you could use more channels than you have servo's.
A "servo" is a "channel", it's the same thing, you can't plug the real servo into two sockets in the receiver, so you can't assign a servo to itself! Each servo, or channel, can only be assigned to one mixer or to one control. Surplus channels are redundant. If you use 5 servos or channels on an RE9 you can not make use of the remaining 4 channels to do anything else with those 5 servos any more than with a 12 channel set using 9 of its channels.

Has Karlton found something that none of us have spotted, in which case I am very keen to hear it? Or is he thinking in Profi 4000 mode where we can make use of surplus channels to run virtual servos that perform delayed mixing or switching functions on the real channels?

H
Feb 03, 2004, 05:46 PM

HarryC

I do not know if you are responding to my replay, but this is what i am trying to do.
i have a reciever with 12 channels. i use a matchbox in between the reciever and the DPSIRV for each aileron. i use one channel for the right aileron and one for the left aileron going into the matchbox. from the matchbox i send four different signal cables to four different "channels" on the DPSI. from each dpsirv channel i go to one each servo in each alileron.
Now i have 4 channels left on the dpsirv.
From my reciever i want to have one channel for the right elevator, one for the left elevator and 2 for the rudder going to the DPSIRV. from the dpsirv i will go to the servos.
that leaves me with plenty of free channels on the reciever to hook up the throttle, smoke and choke.
if someone has a similar setup on a RE i would love to hear about it.
Thank you
Astofo
Feb 03, 2004, 08:02 PM
Harry like I said I have to get mine there is a diffrance from what was to be there and what may be there. Hold on to your shirt, gee you brits are pushey!
Feb 05, 2004, 05:25 AM

Missing page number in Tutorial PDF file

The last version of the Joedy's RE Tutorial .pdf file has index but not page numbers.
Is it easy to loose the correct order of the printed pages.

Is possible to repost a numbered version, or otherwise a .doc version?

Thank you

Paolo.
Feb 05, 2004, 06:39 PM
Hey PaoloMarani

Where is the Joedy's RE Tutorial .pdf file download???

Great Flying!!!

Brad Gotori
bgotori@hotmail.com
Feb 05, 2004, 06:47 PM
It's the last plane honey
Brad,

See post # 134 in this thread.

Andy

Quick Reply