Nov 14, 2003, 10:46 AM
Thread OP

Sopwith triplane prototype build

I thought I would post some progress pictures of my Sopwith triplane. Wingspan is 29.7" for EPS-350 and 4 channels. It's exact scale in outline and all flight controls are pull pull exiting at the scale locations.
Here is the front half of the fuselage.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2003, 10:47 AM
Thread OP
Here is the rear section of the fuselage.
Nov 14, 2003, 10:49 AM
Thread OP
Next the front and rear sections are brought together.
Nov 14, 2003, 10:50 AM
Thread OP
The side fairing parts all notch into slots for foolproof alignment.
Nov 14, 2003, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
The struts as well as the wings use 1/8 dowel pins for accurate alignment.
Nov 14, 2003, 10:53 AM
Thread OP
After a couple of hours this is where Im at.
Nov 14, 2003, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
There are over 300 laser cut parts but it's going really fast because everything tabs and slots together.
Nov 14, 2003, 11:00 AM
easily confused
Clearly, you are a fiend determined to separate me from my money once this kit's available!

I like your T-34. I really like your Firefly.

But a Sopwith Tripe kit...with most of the hassles (converting structure, figuring controls, etc.) taken out...that would be irresistable to me. Got a release date in mind?

Lessee...gotta get on eBay...as I recall there are plenty of auctions up for Profile Publications & Squadron 'In Action' documentation...

Glenn
Nov 14, 2003, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
No release date just yet but it will be a complete kit with everything except power system and radio.
BTW I have hardly touched my Xacto knife so far, everything is laser cut.
Last edited by flailing; Nov 14, 2003 at 11:12 AM.
Nov 14, 2003, 11:30 AM
Account closed

BRAVO!

BRAVO!

I was just discussing this with a buddy that flys Electric with me and I was saying, it's too bad that those balsa kits are just a tad too small 24", 28" wing span and now I see this wonderful kit being put together with almost 30" wing span and tri-plane to boot!

Just wonderful!

Have any estimated release of this kit?

Do you have any estimated finish weight without any electronics?

What's the estimated price $$ ?

Thanks,
Carlos
Nov 14, 2003, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
I am esitmating the airframe will be around 4 ounces give or take, I am hoping less. Don't know about the price yet either but it will be under $100.00 there are over 300 laser cut parts and that costs quite a bit, as well as all the hardware, wheels, pilot, gun, dummy engine, etc. It will be a great value though.
Nov 14, 2003, 11:56 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally posted by flailing
I am esitmating the airframe will be around 4 ounces give or take, I am hoping less. Don't know about the price yet either but it will be under $100.00 there are over 300 laser cut parts and that costs quite a bit, as well as all the hardware, wheels, pilot, gun, dummy engine, etc. It will be a great value though.

SUPER!

Thanks and keep us posted when we can order!

Looking forward to buy such a nice "SCALE" model especially made for electric powered flight!

Carlos
Nov 14, 2003, 12:35 PM
Crash and Build
Are the wings going to be removable?
It looks like that strut arrangement is permanant.
Nov 14, 2003, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
No they won't come off, there's no good light way to make them removable on a small airframe like this.
Nov 14, 2003, 01:58 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Wow, that is looking positively delicious so far Very nice! So you say 4 channels, I believe the 1:1 just had top wing ailo's, is that what you're incorporating?

Quick Reply