Mar 05, 2013, 01:16 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut

Flaperon Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W
Flaperon will actually move in scale with flap motion using springs and hinges.
Great! Looking forward to your engineering on this.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
I ship out all the free sticker this morning.

Ming Lou
Mar 06, 2013, 04:39 PM
Canadian ACE
That's the iPhone For you and my dark winter basement!

As for the decals I kind of had to make do with what I got as I asked for 777 decal kit from Calie and the sizes did not match the scale of the plane so I just went with it. Not true to Cathay but it looks good all the same. Just have to wait for the four feet of snow at the club to melt in order to fly it now.
Mar 06, 2013, 04:58 PM
Canadian ACE

777 Decals

Hi Ming,

Air Canada Decals Would Be Cool, See Below.

The 2010 Olympic 777-300ER would be killer!
Mar 06, 2013, 06:40 PM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt1937
That's the iPhone For you and my dark winter basement!

As for the decals I kind of had to make do with what I got as I asked for 777 decal kit from Calie and the sizes did not match the scale of the plane so I just went with it. Not true to Cathay but it looks good all the same. Just have to wait for the four feet of snow at the club to melt in order to fly it now.
That's a shame... Did you have to give her dimensions of the aircraft?
Mar 10, 2013, 12:48 PM
Hi!

Got my 777 yesterday and started to put it togheter today! Really looks very nice!!

But then...just at the end of the build, tragedy!

The batteryconnectors didnt match up, so I went to look what I had home....and Yes. A adpater that fittet right on!

But...shame on me for strapping it right on. Cause the adapter switched + to - and - to plus +. It was just plugged into to plane for a second before i pulled it out. But now I cant get any life at here at all

The wires got hot and the plane did somekind of clicking sound...I guess it came from the ESC?

So my que, do you think that the only thing I need to replace is the two esc?? And if so, what kind? Would be great if hobbyking have them, since I usally shop there.

Has anyone else had problems fitting the engines to the wings? The 4 (longest) screws didnt really want to hold it in place hard enough. So i put some ca there aswell

One sad stupid builder...
Mar 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
Likely just the ESC's Where in the World are you located? Need to know before I can suggest ESC's.

I did not have any difficulty fixing motor pylons to wing.
Mar 10, 2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy
Likely just the ESC's Where in the World are you located? Need to know before I can suggest ESC's.

I did not have any difficulty fixing motor pylons to wing.
Hi!

I live in Sweden. Really hope itīs just the esc...atleast it is pretty easy acess to them.
Mar 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
Either of these will work just fine..
A very good quality ESC, made by Hobby Wing https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

A good quality, has good reviews https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0_50A_ESC.html
Mar 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran
Hi!

Got my 777 yesterday and started to put it togheter today! Really looks very nice!!

But then...just at the end of the build, tragedy!

The batteryconnectors didnt match up, so I went to look what I had home....and Yes. A adpater that fittet right on!

But...shame on me for strapping it right on. Cause the adapter switched + to - and - to plus +. It was just plugged into to plane for a second before i pulled it out. But now I cant get any life at here at all

The wires got hot and the plane did somekind of clicking sound...I guess it came from the ESC?

So my que, do you think that the only thing I need to replace is the two esc?? And if so, what kind? Would be great if hobbyking have them, since I usally shop there.

Has anyone else had problems fitting the engines to the wings? The 4 (longest) screws didnt really want to hold it in place hard enough. So i put some ca there aswell

One sad stupid builder...
None of my screws wanted to stay put so I outlined the pylons with a dab of low temp hot glue.
Mar 10, 2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Either of these will work just fine..
A very good quality ESC, made by Hobby Wing https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

A good quality, has good reviews https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0_50A_ESC.html
Thx a lot!

A,B and C...what coolers would match them? So the edf fan dosent go backwards...
Mar 10, 2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran
A,B and C...what coolers would match them? So the edf fan dosent go backwards...
It really does not matter. You just have to try it, and switch any two if it does not run in the correct rotation before you attempt to fly. Some ESC's (the Turnigy Plush) can be programmed to run either direction with your transmitter, or a program card.
Mar 10, 2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
It really does not matter. You just have to try it, and switch any two if it does not run in the correct rotation before you attempt to fly. Some ESC's (the Turnigy Plush) can be programmed to run either direction with your transmitter, or a program card.
Ok, thx a lot for the help and information. Just bought 2....and some other goodies
Mar 10, 2013, 04:39 PM
Not a problem! Let us know how it flies! (have not flown mine, yet)
Mar 11, 2013, 01:24 AM

Update...ESCs?

Finally got back on the bandwagon, flaps are coming along nicely- both sides finally cut, and I have started sanding the flaps to shape too. Should have one or two surprises up my sleeve...

One quick question (as again, I know aerodynamics, not electronics): I have a Dynam TurboJet (or the remains of the daily flyer I retired). I pulled out all the electronics and of course, it too is a 64mm EDF -it has 40A ESCs.

Will someone remind me what the stock ESCs are on the B777, and would I gain any power using the Dynam/Detrum 40A ESCs out of my turbojet instead? I had been able to use 4S on the turbojet and and I recall 4S is a no-no on the B777 set up.

I could also just swap the entire motor/EDF and ESCs from the Citation to the B777. I am just thinking I'd like more power....but don't want to spend a dime- and just use my old stuff.

Opinons?

Quick Reply