Mar 20, 2013, 10:03 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe W
Chris,

Read a little more closely. The scoring had nothing to do with time...

Joe,

Hmmm. 9:58 seems like a time to me. Hmmm....let me know when an ace best 3 2's. The time = seconds, normalized, if the top is 1000.

Poker, as a name for a task, is a very poor name, semantics. :0
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2013, 10:42 PM
launch low, fly high
"number of flights" /= "summation of time"

add for clarity: Doing a 9:58 on that task would result in a raw score of "1". If the winner did 21 flights, your resultant score would be 1/21*1000 or 46 points. This may not be the most desirable result...
Last edited by Joe W; Mar 21, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Mar 20, 2013, 11:23 PM
hot air rises...
Quote:
"number of flights" /= "summation of time"
Did you guys ever do anything like that in the past? I'm pretty sure I would destroy my airplane in a task like that!
Mar 21, 2013, 09:03 AM
launch low, fly high
It was a task at the IHLGF for a year or two, way back in the early days. On the initial flights it was better to be a second early (and have to repeat) than it was to be a second late. One could finish with a final flight of 36 seconds (22 flights) if one was really accurate on the return timing.

It was a timer accuracy nightmare task...
Mar 21, 2013, 08:49 PM
Flying What?!?
Quote:
It was a task at the IHLGF for a year or two, way back in the early days. On the initial flights it was better to be a second early (and have to repeat) than it was to be a second late. One could finish with a final flight of 36 seconds (22 flights) if one was really accurate on the return timing.

It was a timer accuracy nightmare task...
Hey, I could probably do this task. I can imagine javelin tosses with flaps down, running with the plane and after the reminimum required time, just reach up and continue to toss the plane... while still running.
Might not need to run very much if there is sufficient wind.
You do have 18 seconds to mess up given 1 second turn-arounds. Would be quite fun to watch I say!
Last edited by fnnwizard; Mar 21, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
Mar 25, 2013, 06:04 PM
Charles Martin

Best Western Poway

Who's staying at the Best Western in Poway?

1) Charles Martin aka BavarianCharles

Mar 25, 2013, 10:14 PM
launch low, fly high
2) Me
Mar 25, 2013, 10:51 PM
Maurice
3) Me 2.
Mar 25, 2013, 10:53 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Wednesday evening Phils BBQ?

San Marcos Restaurant.

So, so good.

M
Mar 25, 2013, 10:56 PM
hot air rises...
Only a month away... starting to get excited!
Mar 25, 2013, 11:00 PM
launch low, fly high
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
Wednesday evening Phils BBQ?

San Marcos Restaurant.

So, so good.

M
Good for me! Same schedule as last year?
Mar 25, 2013, 11:01 PM
^ ^ ^ ^

And you are on FIRE dudes! Great flying at Red Rocks to both of you guys!

Mike
Last edited by FLY F3B; Mar 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: It applied to both John and Joe.
Mar 25, 2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Good for me! Same schedule as last year?
Well, kinda. I was thinking we could meet there at 6:30 Wednesday evening. I am not sure if that is the same as last year or not.

As for the rest of the food and festivities, Thursday has been designated as Stone Brewery and Beer Garden night. Friday is Mexican Food at the field after the first day's flying...margies will be there somewhere I hear. Saturday is Pizza and beer. There is a very strong rumor that some local brewers are going to have some samples to go with the pizza.

Also, be sure to get in on the Commemorative Beer Stein deal. Big donation to the US K team, and you get some preferential treatment from the margie and brewski dudes. Please check them out at www.ihlgf.com at the social tab.

Please let us know here in this thread if you will be going to either Phils or Stone. It will help us know what to expect, and coordinate rides if we can.

Thanks guys.

Mike
Mar 25, 2013, 11:52 PM
launch low, fly high
I should be at Phils, it is on the way to Poway from LAX, and at the right time...

As to Stone, I'd enjoy my first pilgrimage to the fount of great beer. Coordinating rides may be a good plan for this!
Mar 26, 2013, 09:37 PM
Arriving mid-afternoon Wednesday. Would like to fly at the field Wednesday afternoon if possible. Plan to go to Phil's, maybe ride there with someone or drive others. I'm planning to get in on the Stone Brewery event Thursday as well.

Al

Quick Reply