Jul 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thread OP
Discussion

20th Anniversarry International Handlaunch Glider Festival, 2013

Welcome to the Party!

This year we are coming together to celebrate 20 years of flying HLGs in Poway. We have seen the development of hand launch gliders, from balsa floaters to high performance carbon epoxy DLGs. All the while keeping one thing constant, the highest level of camaraderie and sportsmanship. So please come join us to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the longest running HLG event, April 26th-28th 2013. It is a special 3 day event, with the first round beginning on Friday April 26th at 9:00am. Sign ups are open on the official site, www.IHLGF.com.
Last edited by djklein21; Mar 19, 2013 at 08:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thread OP

Social- Evening Events

Like I said, Welcome to the party.

One of the things the International is known for is the social experience surrounding the contest. We try to organize something for every evening. Our social page on the website has the details- http://www.ihlgf.com/social
Wednesday evening we will be loosely organizing a dinner at Phils BBQ in San Marcos.

http://www.philsbbq.net/

Thursday Evening - Stone Brewery
Just a short drive north on the 15, The World famous Stone Brewery put hoppy beers on the map. Fantastic food, fantastic location, lets fill it with fantastic pilots.
http://www.stonebrew.com/

Friday Evening - Party at the field!
Friday night got a big upgrade. We will partying on field this year. On Friday night we will kick things off with an on field taco and margarita party. A complete taco dinner will be catered. It will include beverages, tacos, beans, rice and all the fixings. Margaritas will be poured in generous fashion during the party. If you have made a donation to the F3K team by purchasing a commemorative Beer Stein, your "ice donation" will be covered. If not, ice donations will be accepted and encouraged.

Saturday Evening - Pizza at the field!
Saturday night follows suit. We will be keeping the tradition of pizza and beer on Saturday night, but relocating it to the field. It will feature all you can eat pizza and a pair of beer kegs.If you have made a donation to the F3K team by purchasing a commemorative Beer Stein, your "ice donation" will be covered. If not, ice donations will be accepted and encouraged.
Last edited by djklein21; Mar 13, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Jul 10, 2012, 09:20 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thread OP
Historical Significance-

I can't stress this aspect enough. This is the 20th Anniversary event. We will be taking the time to properly recognize those that have historical significance with the development of the contest and HLG over the last 20 years. We are gathering pictures, stories, and documented history on the website, IHLGF.com and recognizing it on the field. This will be an event no to miss. More details are coming.
Last edited by djklein21; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thread OP
reserved 3
Jul 10, 2012, 09:21 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thread OP
reserved 4
Jul 10, 2012, 11:15 AM
Reserved 5. I am there.

Tai
Jul 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
Oleg Golovidov
same field, Dave? any chance of finding a better one? (we'll be there anyway, but it is nice to dream about a big green field for IHLGF)

PS. not really pointed at you, but I don't understand the concept of "reserving" an empty message, let alone 4 messages. once the thread gets to the second page (or even before) nobody looks at old messages. plus you can always edit the first message and make it as long as you want, adding more info.
Jul 13, 2012, 04:03 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
I wish we could Oleg. Fields are scarce around here. A few sod farms, but they are loath to let us use them. Most likely (like 99%) it will be at the same field.

So glad you are planning to come Oleg. Wouldn't be the same without you.

Mike
Jul 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
same field, Dave? any chance of finding a better one? (we'll be there anyway, but it is nice to dream about a big green field for IHLGF)

PS. not really pointed at you, but I don't understand the concept of "reserving" an empty message, let alone 4 messages. once the thread gets to the second page (or even before) nobody looks at old messages. plus you can always edit the first message and make it as long as you want, adding more info.
how about buying sod from homedepot for the contest best of both worlds !! just and idea
Sep 20, 2012, 09:19 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
This needs a bump... Looking forward to this next year.

Mike
Sep 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
This needs a bump... Looking forward to this next year.

Mike
I am looking forward to it too, if only to secure my standard last place standing!

Chris
Sep 26, 2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Yes that is exactly what we need: a Wimbledon style of green. If they can make big green fields and dito golf courses in Dubai (or in Scottsdale AZ for that matter) it should be possible in Poway too. We need to promote the Westcoast HLG scene.

All it takes is a few bucks here and there from a generous sponsor. So Oleg, give Donald Trump a call, preferably on his cellphone. He might go for a one time investment with zero chance of any return - a change from his standard routine can only be beneficial for his mental wellbeing. Alternatively if you want me to call DT Oleg, just let me know

Yves
Under Assistant Westcoast Promo Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Doa...eature=related
Last edited by ydevriendt; Sep 26, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Sep 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Man they look young!
Sep 26, 2012, 05:30 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Man they look young!
Bob were you about there age?
Sep 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
They are a bit older. I am 64 (now). Just before I was in high school in Germany they were playing in Hamburg and were just breaking into the USA scene.

Quick Reply