Mar 30, 2015, 10:24 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
The strut angle negative would keep the bow down at speed.
To counter torque you lower the trim tab in that direction and keep the other flat.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2015, 02:59 PM
Easyer to show than say.
If you have any pics from rear setup and the trimtabs angle on your boat it would make more sense to me
Apr 05, 2015, 07:29 PM
RC Keeps Me Sane
My boat is still away and would not be setup as yours.
Negative strut angle / prop pointing down into the water. Right trim tab screwed down a couple of turns on each bolt, again pushing the trim tab down into the water.
Right tab down would fight right hand torque as the down tab resists pushing in that direction.
If you have a radio capable of a throttle to rudder mix you could mix out the hard right at upper throttle. The mix would be a small percentage of left rudder at the throttle point at which the boat torques right.
Having the boat overpowered induces these tuning issues.
May 24, 2015, 07:53 PM
It finally happen. Kneel down on the dock to pick up the Revolt out of the water and knock the transmitter into the water. The fall hit the trigger just right and the boat took off across the water.

Luckily the transmitter floated long enough for me to reach in and grab it. Some how it kept working and I was able to get the boat back to the dock and out of the water. The transmitter was just slightly wet inside. I shook the rest of the water out. Hopefully everything is ok. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Let's keep this between us.
May 25, 2015, 10:46 AM
UMX 3S OG
What props are you guys running on the stock motor ??
May 25, 2015, 11:40 AM
AquaCraft GimRacer 42x55 which I think is stock and I tried a L44x66 but did not like it.
May 25, 2015, 12:15 PM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadawada
AquaCraft GimRacer 42x55 which I think is stock and I tried a L44x66 but did not like it.
how did you have the strut set on it and where was your CG ?
thanks
May 26, 2015, 12:32 AM
I have a setup guide that covers how to go about setting the strut, cog, and trim tabs, shoot me an email at jqhydro@gmail.com if you would like a copy.

Typical prop for stock setup is 42x55, but m445 is faster, but that can fry the stock esc if you are sport boating (OK for short 6 lap racing on wide open throttle).

Chief
May 26, 2015, 06:53 PM
Jack of all, master of none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadawada
It finally happen. Kneel down on the dock to pick up the Revolt out of the water and knock the transmitter into the water. The fall hit the trigger just right and the boat took off across the water.

Luckily the transmitter floated long enough for me to reach in and grab it. Some how it kept working and I was able to get the boat back to the dock and out of the water. The transmitter was just slightly wet inside. I shook the rest of the water out. Hopefully everything is ok. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Let's keep this between us.
Doh! Good thing you were able to get it back. I have been afraid of doing this myself at some point.

We need to meet up again sometime to race the Revolts around Lake Crab.
May 27, 2015, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Graham
Doh! Good thing you were able to get it back. I have been afraid of doing this myself at some point.

We need to meet up again sometime to race the Revolts around Lake Crab.
We sure do. Now that the boat rentals are open, I'm liking that side of the lake...free rescue services.
May 27, 2015, 10:19 AM
gamma tester
This stuff is the real deal, spray this inside your Rx & Tx and servo on the PCBs and don't worry if your 'lectronics get wet again.
It is kid tested on toy boat Txs and all of my Rxs.

http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...ation-Cleaners
Jun 06, 2015, 08:39 PM

Warning!

So I went to run the boat today and upon launching the boat would only turn to the right in a circle. Luckily by timing throttle pulses I was able to get it back close enough to the dock to reach it with a fishing pole and save a short swim.

Upon inspection, the entire rudder servo assembly had come free from the bottom of the hull. Now have to re-epoxy back in.

Just a heads up to check the integrity of your rudder servo mount before you button her up.
Jun 07, 2015, 06:06 PM
Hey guys. i am a newbie to the rc boat world.. my parents recently bought a place at the beach and they are basically on the sound. water is rough sometimes and other times its 4"-6" waves. I will be using the boat there sometimes and at home at the lake and ponds. Will the revolt take some rough water. I want a boat that i can take and use at beach in rough water sometimes. any thoughts. my budget is no more than 500$. The revolt i like just seeing some opinions. This pic is normal water conditions
Last edited by jongurley; Jun 07, 2015 at 06:15 PM.
Jun 07, 2015, 06:45 PM
Jack of all, master of none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley
Hey guys. i am a newbie to the rc boat world.. my parents recently bought a place at the beach and they are basically on the sound. water is rough sometimes and other times its 4"-6" waves. I will be using the boat there sometimes and at home at the lake and ponds. Will the revolt take some rough water. I want a boat that i can take and use at beach in rough water sometimes. any thoughts. my budget is no more than 500$. The revolt i like just seeing some opinions. This pic is normal water conditions
The Revolt will hand minor chop, but at that point you're probably only running half throttle. Best bet is to run early in the AM or in the evenings. You want conditions to be as smooth as possible if you want to run wide open. Otherwise, have a way of retrieving and flipping it back over, etc.
Jun 07, 2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks skipper forthe info. I wonder if i am better off looking at the rio51 gas boat. bigger and might work better in rough water.

Quick Reply