Thread Tools
Jul 08, 2012, 11:17 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Yippee!

Big Jolt: West Coast Electric RC Experience 2012!


There's a storm brewin'!

http://pvmac.com/pvmac-events/104-bi...ence-2012.html

The 3rd Annual Big Jolt event is scheduled for August 10-12 at the Prado Air Park in Chino, California.

EDIT!!! - New Dates are November 2-4, 2012!!!

There was a flyer up on the PVMAC website (www.pvmac.com), but it was taken down and Tim Johnson is working on a new one. When it is done I'll post it up here. However, the event is still listed on their calendar of events.

Nico Hobbies is planning to be there for a 3rd straight year, and I'll have a few new aircraft to show off this year, as well as an expanded line of motors/ESCs for larger pusher jets.

Be sure to stop by the booth and say hi! Looking forward to rubbing elbows with all my out of town buddies again.

So, who's coming this year, and what will you bring?

Pat
www.nicohobbies.com/store
Last edited by crxmanpat; Sep 22, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2012, 11:19 AM
EDF all the way!
bruff's Avatar
I can not make this year. I wish it was back toward the end of Aug or 1st of Sept.
Bob
Jul 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Yeah, me too. Just hoping the temps will be better this year. Last year was murder. I just spent 3 days in DC and it was 98 with about 95% humidity. I've had enough of that for one year.

Pat
Jul 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
AceMigKiller's Avatar
I'm in! Can't wait!

Vic
Jul 08, 2012, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account
First year of this event was fun. Second year went down hill a bit. And I'm not looking forward to this year. The thing that sucks is the 100 plus weather in August.
Jul 08, 2012, 11:43 PM
Registered User
bri6672's Avatar
I'll be there for sure, love this event!
Jul 09, 2012, 08:13 AM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
Does anyone think the earlier August date will effect the temperature?
I mean, will it be hotter or cooler August 10?
Jul 09, 2012, 09:08 AM
Done it all
Mornings will be really good for flying, afternoons it will be hot and the wind will be 15 knots from the west, 240 degrees.

Most of the pilots go home about noon at our field, 15 miles away as the crow flies.

The big difference last year was the humidity. But the temps could easily be in the high 90s to over 100.

Last year I burned up my Neu motor and CC esc in these temps and my foam got bubbles. LOL

Unlike the desert in AZ, we have wide temperature swings during the day. Last year's humidity was a fluke, I felt like I got heat stroke last year.
Jul 09, 2012, 09:48 AM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Mornings will be really good for flying, afternoons it will be hot and the wind will be 15 knots from the west, 240 degrees.

Most of the pilots go home about noon at our field, 15 miles away as the crow flies.

The big difference last year was the humidity. But the temps could easily be in the high 90s to over 100.

Last year I burned up my Neu motor and CC esc in these temps and my foam got bubbles. LOL

Unlike the desert in AZ, we have wide temperature swings during the day. Last year's humidity was a fluke, I felt like I got heat stroke last year.
Hi Al, good to see you here! Still have the 95" Howard DGA? Boy I really liked that model.
Jul 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Yeah, the humidity last year was a killer! Maybe the farmer won't be watering in that area this time.

Pat
Jul 09, 2012, 12:31 PM
Done it all
Still have it Richard, it got flown at Jolt last year. Since then had new landing gear made, replaced wheels, but it really loves to go up on the nose at the end of the landing roll.

Flies really good, but I want to sell it, takes up too much room.

Al.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan100
Hi Al, good to see you here! Still have the 95" Howard DGA? Boy I really liked that model.
Jul 09, 2012, 01:29 PM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Still have it Richard, it got flown at Jolt last year. Since then had new landing gear made, replaced wheels, but it really loves to go up on the nose at the end of the landing roll.

Flies really good, but I want to sell it, takes up too much room.

Al.
You know your models are big is when they are on the bench,
to get to the other side you have to duck under the wing!
I store my big airplanes by hanging them by the tail wheel.
Jul 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
Done it all
For you guys that are on the fence about coming to JOLT, and weather is a consideration..

Simply check the weather. This week it is hot and sticky.
Jul 10, 2012, 11:02 AM
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Pizza


I guess worse case, I'll go hang with AL for some Pizza and Drinks

Ralph



Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
For you guys that are on the fence about coming to JOLT, and weather is a consideration..

Simply check the weather. This week it is hot and sticky.
Jul 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
So long as your van doesn't break down again.

Pat


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly-In West Coast Big Jolt August 26-28, 2011 TimJohnson Electric Flight Events 70 Aug 30, 2011 01:28 PM
Fly-In West Coast Big Jolt Sept 10-12 2010 TimJohnson Electric Flight Events 93 Jul 14, 2011 04:43 PM