Variable Wiggle Drive. - Page 13 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 19, 2013, 09:20 PM
Mad on everything Swash
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL
The VWD is an excellent tool for people that like to make experiments with wings and find out the best wing design.
I like your test rig and wing design... do you have any video running and would you have any data to suggest improvements that your willing to share ?
i really like your wing design...your an excellent inventor kjell
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2013, 03:13 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil aus
I like your test rig and wing design... do you have any video running and would you have any data to suggest improvements that your willing to share ?
i really like your wing design...your an excellent inventor kjell
No problem. If you are willing to learn from my 40 years of experience in Tail and Wing experimenting, I am open to give you and others part of my knowledge’s. The only way to get good results is to make comparing tests. For the moment I don’t know anybody that can mathematically calculate the size and the flapping frequency of a Tail or a Wing.
Jan 20, 2013, 05:07 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Wiggle Drive is an interesting mechanism, but it is not for flapping wing.
Tyhis is my 35 years of experience in flapping wing experimenting. Including full scale Ornithopters.

It is not necsessary for flapping wing.
Active articulation of the wing too.

Adaptive Articulated Ornithopter Wing (0 min 32 sec)



MANNED ORNITHOPTER (0 min 54 sec)
Last edited by Velko Velkov; Jan 20, 2013 at 05:37 AM.
Jan 20, 2013, 09:04 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
[QUOTE=Velko Velkov;23869052]Wiggle Drive is an interesting mechanism, but it is not for flapping wing.
Tyhis is my 35 years of experience in flapping wing experimenting. Including full scale Ornithopters.


Try to install a Wiggle–Drive in your Ornithopter instead of the Crank-Drive you are using. I think they will fly.
Jan 20, 2013, 09:50 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
[QUOTE=KJELL;23870165]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov
Wiggle Drive is an interesting mechanism, but it is not for flapping wing.
Tyhis is my 35 years of experience in flapping wing experimenting. Including full scale Ornithopters.


Try to install a Wiggle–Drive in your Ornithopter instead of the Crank-Drive you are using. I think they will fly.
You have flying (or running) full scale Ornithopter ?!

For my Ornithopters the problem is the weight of using materials and no more.
Last edited by Velko Velkov; Jan 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Jan 20, 2013, 11:01 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
[QUOTE=Velko Velkov;23870455]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL

You have flying (or running) full scale Ornithopter ?!

For my Ornithopters the problem is the weight and no more.
The Wiggle-Drive is using less moving parts and is giving active wing twist from less weight.
Jan 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mad on everything Swash
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL
No problem. If you are willing to learn from my 40 years of experience in Tail and Wing experimenting, I am open to give you and others part of my knowledge’s. The only way to get good results is to make comparing tests. For the moment I don’t know anybody that can mathematically calculate the size and the flapping frequency of a Tail or a Wing.
So your telling me you have no math for this special system, no formulas or even graphs ?
So Everything you've done so far has been guess work....40 yrs worth
Maybe i was a little hasty to pay the compliment
Jan 20, 2013, 10:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL
No problem. If you are willing to learn from my 40 years of experience in Tail and Wing experimenting, I am open to give you and others part of my knowledge’s. The only way to get good results is to make comparing tests. For the moment I don’t know anybody that can mathematically calculate the size and the flapping frequency of a Tail or a Wing.
Kjell,
"Ignorance is bliss!", be happy, build a better drive or custom doorknob. There are plenty of Ornithopters and 'drives' designed with math,even with just algebra and trig. How about the "Sunbird", Festo "SmartBird" ,James DeLaurier's and others, even my own. Have you forgotten so soon? or are you fishing for 'Kjellians'.
George
Jan 21, 2013, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
[QUOTE=KJELL;23870165]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velko Velkov
Wiggle Drive is an interesting mechanism, but it is not for flapping wing.
Tyhis is my 35 years of experience in flapping wing experimenting. Including full scale Ornithopters.


Try to install a Wiggle–Drive in your Ornithopter instead of the Crank-Drive you are using...
To experiment Your ideas ?!

Try to install a Wiggle–Drive in your full scale Ornithopter.
The models with weight 0.2 - 0.5 kg are not criteria.
After tests inform us about results, please.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:53 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil aus
So your telling me you have no math for this special system, no formulas or even graphs ?
So Everything you've done so far has been guess work....40 yrs worth
Maybe i was a little hasty to pay the compliment
I don’t think you can call “guess work” testing and comparing the thrust / power consumption of hundreds of different natural fish tails with handmade tails. I can’t make the mathematical formulas. Only one friend tried to make the calculation, but with more than 25% error. This type of calculations is no valid.
Jan 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Hey guys, please pay more respect to Mr. Kjell.

I personally will be happy if I reach his ages and if I reach it, to be in Mr. Kjell's good shape and productiveness.

Everybody of us is alive human been and respectively is able of making mistakes

Far not everybody here are mathematicians able to navigate in the vortices' mathematical theory started somewhere around WW2 times from Theodore von Kármán.

Just extrapolate where the World is today.

We don't know, doesn't equivalent to doesn't exist .
Jan 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
Registered User
Velko Velkov's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10
Hey guys, please pay more respect to Mr. Kjell.

I personally will be happy if I reach his ages and if I reach it, to be in Mr. Kjell's good shape and productiveness.

Everybody of us is alive human been and respectively is able of making mistakes

Far not everybody here are mathematicians able to navigate in the vortices' mathematical theory started somewhere around WW2 times from Theodore von Kármán.

Just extrapolate where the World is today.

We don't know, doesn't equivalent to doesn't exist .
Otto,

I pay respect to Mr. Kjell, but I have my reproof to his ideas.

Velko
Jan 21, 2013, 11:24 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
KJELL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10
Hey guys, please pay more respect to Mr. Kjell.

I personally will be happy if I reach his ages and if I reach it, to be in Mr. Kjell's good shape and productiveness.

Everybody of us is alive human been and respectively is able of making mistakes

Far not everybody here are mathematicians able to navigate in the vortices' mathematical theory started somewhere around WW2 times from Theodore von Kármán.

Just extrapolate where the World is today.

We don't know, doesn't equivalent to doesn't exist .
Thanks for your comments.
Jan 21, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mad on everything Swash
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull10
Hey guys, please pay more respect to Mr. Kjell.

I personally will be happy if I reach his ages and if I reach it, to be in Mr. Kjell's good shape and productiveness.

Everybody of us is alive human been and respectively is able of making mistakes

Far not everybody here are mathematicians able to navigate in the vortices' mathematical theory started somewhere around WW2 times from Theodore von Kármán.

Just extrapolate where the World is today.

We don't know, doesn't equivalent to doesn't exist .
Heah Seagull
I mean no disrespect to Kjell, I'm just searching for some answers to complex questions, wether they are in the form of math or even just descriptions of observations....its all good! his talent to experiment and invent is very good
Jan 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJELL;23881587
Thanks for your comments.
You are welcome Sir .Proud to be one of 'Kjellians' guys, as George described us


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Kjell-Wiggle-Drive KJELL Ornithopters 14 Mar 27, 2017 04:21 PM
Discussion wiggle drive propulsion SudorracMechEng Dock Talk 12 Aug 17, 2012 05:08 PM
Question How does a Direct Drive Variable Pitch Multicopter Achieve Yaw? Bearsa LLC Multirotor Drone Talk 8 Jun 20, 2012 02:28 PM
Discussion wiggle drive propulsion application SudorracMechEng Scale Boats 7 May 15, 2012 12:18 PM
Discussion wiggle drive propulsion SudorracMechEng Power Systems 1 May 07, 2012 06:58 AM