Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by Lpbug
Discussion

Eagle Eyes Diversity with one receiver- patch and clover?

* Just read my title- I meant to say one transmitter!

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up my diversity with the Eagle Eyes system. I want diversity with a skew planar and a patch antenna. Is this possible by using one transmitter? I don't want to put another transmitter on my tri, so will I get bad signal if I use a patch with a clover leaf on board?

Thanks
Last edited by Lpbug; Jul 07, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by nogas
Because gas is for BBQ's
You only need 1 transmitter (and one antenna on board) for it to work as designed. But you do need 2 receivers on the ground station.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by Lpbug
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
You only need 1 transmitter (and one antenna on board) for it to work as designed. But you do need 2 receivers on the ground station.
Yeah I understand that, but I am not sure how the clover leaf + patch combination will work. I heard from somewhere it is not a very good combination. Is this true?
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by Lpbug
Just read my title- i meant to put one transmitter!
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:32 AM
Find More Posts by nogas
Because gas is for BBQ's
I'd say it will just favour the SPW. Try a helical on the other Rx, really easy to make.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
+1 on the Helical
RCG Plus Member