This thread is privately moderated by -= GYRO =-, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2012, 01:48 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Thread OP
Cool

My new Laser-EXP

Got a chance to fly my new Extreme Flight 48" Laser-EXP today, and wow, what a fun airplane. Tumbles, spins and pop-tops were amazing, with the pop-tops very easy to enter, and a least 3 complete revolutions each time. This airplane has by far the tightest, fastest KE spins of any of the Extreme Flight aircraft I've owned/flown. Harrier flight was slower than the Edge, but a tiny bit less stable... but overall better than the MXS in all aspects.

Great precision lines, very fast, and it looks damn cool in the air! I sold my EF 48" Edge to get this airplane, and I'm glad I did!

For power, I'm running a Motrolfly 2820-683kv motor on 4s, with a 14x8 wood prop.
I'm running a ZTW 50A ESC, and a separate Hobbywing 3a/6v BEC to the HiTec digital servos: 3x HS-5065MG, and 1 HS-5085MG on the elevator.
I installed 48" Extra landing gear because I've had bad luck with the sharp angle Edge and MXS (Laser too) gear breaking at the bend by the wheel pant.

Overall, very impressed, literally only a couple clicks of trim and she was tearing up the sky on the maiden. Also, I noticed a little less coupling on Knife Edge than some of the other 48" EXPs.
My only "dislike" on this airplane was the removal of the optional cooling baffle system, so now I'll have to fashion my own.

Finally, I actually like the recessed wings... I was an early skeptic, but now I'm a believer! Great job with this airplane Extreme Flight!
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Jul 07, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply