Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:16 AM
Find More Posts by Daryth
That was an expensive crash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
BLHeli rev10.0 is out, details can be found here: http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2389
Rev10.0 is fantastic!

I purchased some Skywalker 20A ESCs and flashed them in December and have had a heck of a time with them. I'm using EMax 2822s and they have a tendency to stall out in a bad way. I was able to eventually get them to (mostly) stop by turning up demag and lowering throttle change rate, but I (expectedly) lost a lot of power and responsiveness which made the quad unpleasant to fly. At least it wasn't tilting 45 degrees in one direction or another and dropping altitude as a motor stalled, but it was very difficult to even hover in one place.

Over the past couple months, I've tried several versions from 7 to 9.1 and all more or less had the same problem, some worse than others (I had settled on 7 as the best of the lot.)

Tonight I flashed 10.0 and left it at default settings and so far everything works very smooth. I haven't had a chance to take it out to the park yet since it's dark (and freezing!) but I'll do that this weekend and report back.

At any rate, if anyone else is having problems with the emax motors stalling out, this revision is worth a try - at least it appears to have solved my problems.

FWIW - I'm using a Crius MultiWii SE board and I'm using Timecop's PID settings from the Afronaze32 pid tuning spreadsheet.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, Steffen!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by OlliW
OlliW
owSilProg/BLHeliTool/BLHeliBox update: http://www.olliw.eu/2012/owsilprog/

what's coming next, BLHeliApp
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:05 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Hm, seems that OlliWs tool won't read from my skywalkers with rev 10.

Quote:
r... rok
d... dok0A -> Device ID 0A F33x
i... iok
br... br011A02ok10 -> Layout 16
br... br021A00ok0A00 -> Revison 10.0
br... br021A0Dok55AA -> Mode MULTI
Read... ABORTED!
The options for this target are not available in BLHeliTool.dev!
Are there any other progs that can this?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:07 AM
Find More Posts by OlliW
OlliW
are you sure you have ALL files extracted correctly? This error indicates that - somehow - you didn't have the latest BLHeliTool.dev file!
(I have just downloaded and extracted the last release, and for me everything works fine)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:36 AM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
are you sure you have ALL files extracted correctly? This error indicates that - somehow - you didn't have the latest BLHeliTool.dev file!
(I have just downloaded and extracted the last release, and for me everything works fine)
Of course, how could I not think of that :P hehe.

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by Daryth
That was an expensive crash!
Quote:
At any rate, if anyone else is having problems with the emax motors stalling out, this revision is worth a try - at least it appears to have solved my problems.
After running several packs through the quad today, it's definitely running better than ever. I'm super pleased!

I also tried out the damping on blheli and it is a very nice improvement. Without changing any of the multiwii pid values, attitude adjustments are a bit snappier. I also tried out some heavier apc 10x3.8 props instead of the gaui 10x4.5 and the damping was a noticeable improvement with those. Very slick!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:48 AM
Find More Posts by Soma
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
BLHeli rev10.0 is out, details can be found here: http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2389

Also, check out this thread on motor response: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1835486
Thanks again for your efforts on the Skywalkers Steffen.

And good to hear the encouraging reports!

Cheers
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:52 AM
Find More Posts by Soma
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
owSilProg/BLHeliTool/BLHeliBox update: http://www.olliw.eu/2012/owsilprog/

what's coming next, BLHeliApp
Hey Olli,

Will your app do everything, from flashing to programming the ESC's, all in the one application?

Cheers.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:53 AM
Find More Posts by OlliW
OlliW
ha, eventually, yes,
but it will be as always, first there will be a gamma version, then a beta, alpha, v0.1, v1... over time things will get more and more powerfull
with Android in particular, it's the first time I am trying an app, and I must admit I am still kind of shocked what a grappy development environment google is providing here, and how poor the documentation is... (and I went through several programming languages in my life, any was better....)

question answered?

Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by Soma
Cool Olli!

Thanks for the info
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by 4712
Yes, and from now on, OlliW will attack and offend everyone, who try to write a mobile app to flash a silabs chip using bluetooth.
Because now, he claims all rights on his new "invention".
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by Soma
Hey Olli & 4712,

You are both doing great work, two heads are better than one after all!

What if credit was given to each other in your literature, of who was first to think of and implement the different ideas?

You are both giving fantastic gifts to the RC community, it only makes sense if those gifts are given to each other also, to build on further as you each choose. That is the best way to benefit the community.

This is what I despise most about the competition religion, that great minds are separated in secrecy. If we as a species, all our great minds together, CO-OPERATED... Think of the world we could create!!!

People say its too hard, but how hard is fighting all the time?

Sesame Street - "Cooperation Makes It Happen" (2 min 42 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:07 AM
Find More Posts by sskaug
+1. Couldn't agree more.
Steffen
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by sirbow2
Emress
i got this from a fortune cookie: "Teamwork makes the dream work."
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by 4712
A lot people don't even know, how many of my ideas already have gone into the EEProm structure of BLHeli, to make possible to work with external Software. I don't care.

I have no problem with teamwork, btw. I'm here to have fun and I'm not here to fight - and I do not want to be offended.

Steffen,I have worked on the HobbyKing 10A. It runs now, but I guess there is missing somethings. The Adc_Ip is irritating me, it seems to simply get voltage from a Motor line over a 47K resistor.
I guess the timings for the fet and the temp threshold is to be done too...
With the attached hex it will run with >=2s