Feb 13, 2013, 03:22 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
Just to be sure, are you using the code from post 449: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=449?
Oh! Sorry, that slipped my sight, will try this tomorrow. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 03:26 PM
What of these esc would you choose for my build mt4006-13 motors 10x4.5
dji naza running 4s

1: RCX (myrcmart.com) 20a simonk 2-4s 2 months old
2: Turnigy plush 30a stock 2-4s (have program card)
3: RCtimer 30a simonk 2-4s 1 months old
i have these escs in my parts box i just cant choose which to use.
Im getting some f-30as simonk flashed which im gonna try out, but for now im hoping to be able to use one of the three above.
Which of the ones above would you choose and why? i can find out if any of them has extern. oscilliator
Feb 13, 2013, 03:28 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaz
What of these esc would you choose for my build mt4006-13 motors 10x4.5
dji naza running 4s

1: RCX (myrcmart.com) 20a simonk 2-4s 2 months old
2: Turnigy plush 30a stock 2-4s (have program card)
i have these escs in my parts box i just cant choose which to use.
Im getting some f-30as simonk flashed which im gonna try out, but for now im hoping to be able to use one of the three above.
Which of the ones above would you choose and why? i can find out if any of them has extern. oscilliator

They are most likely F30As
Feb 13, 2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Oh! Sorry, that slipped my sight, will try this tomorrow. Thanks
Great! You should also set timing and pwm frequency to defaults .
Feb 19, 2013, 12:43 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Great! You should also set timing and pwm frequency to defaults .
Woho! works fine!

Thanks.

Skywalker 20A ESC flashed with BLHeli Multi 9_4 temp-fix Working! (0 min 29 sec)
Feb 19, 2013, 03:22 PM
BLHeli rev10.0 is out, details can be found here: http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2389

Also, check out this thread on motor response: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1835486
Feb 19, 2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Woho! works fine!

Thanks.
Great to hear . And as you see above, rev10 is out, so if you want overtemp protection as well, then grab it.
Sorry for the trouble caused by this, but it was a rather unexpected behavior of the SkyWalkers.
Last edited by sskaug; Feb 19, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Feb 19, 2013, 03:30 PM
Does this new version will "wakeup" my lethargic Plush 6A ?
They lost punch after flashing.
Feb 19, 2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
Does this new version will "wakeup" my lethargic Plush 6A ?
They lost punch after flashing.
There is no difference to the Plush 6A behavior. I fly them with BLHeli myself on a HK quad, and find them equally powerful as the originals, but without the annoying "whining". Sure you have no issue with throttle calibration/range etc?
Feb 19, 2013, 03:43 PM
The corresponding BLHeli-Setup 10.0 is also out ...
Many thanks for the nice and great cooperation, Steffen!

Changes in 10.0.0.0:

BLHeli 10.0 Hex files added.
Adapted the additional parameters from BLHeli.

Added ESC's
• Turnigy KForce 40A
• Turnigy KForce 120A HV

Motor Calculator:
GOV target now shows also the target rpm in relation to the motor capabilities as percentage value.
Added new Combo-box for individual compensation factor (% Value) for Lipo voltage drop and Motor KV drop
under load. Default is 81% (former procedure assumed 3.8V/s @90% KV drop ->81.43%).
Hassle free update of old Motor data included.

Flash Dialog reworked in parts. Now selection of fitting flash-file is even more comfortable.

Serial Interfaces handling:
Added the capability to flash BESC's in arrangements from 1 up to 8 BESC.
Integrated Multiple-BESC capabilities in the Arduino Interfaces and Boxes.
Updated serial protocol revision to V2 for Multiple-BESC Interfaces.
Raised all Interface Revision numbers to V10.
Added a Arduino Uno based box with a LCD4884 Shield.
Added an Atmega168 upgrade option to the small boxes (Robbe, TDLX, TAQX) to give room for Multiple- BESC capabilities. The small Box will handle up to 5 or 6 BESC's at once (Still Tests are needed).
Several changes in the serial Interface firmware to reduce size and efficiency.

BLHeli Manuals ("BLHeli programming by TX "/" Governor SiLabs High and Low.xls") are now included and accessed local for easier and faster handling. Because information about supported BESC may change more frequent, "BLHeli supported SiLabs ESCs" is not included, but will be downloaded on access through "BLHeli-
Info" menu. (btw: if you store the file as "BLHeli supported SiLabs ESCs.pdf" in the Application path, it will be loaded from there).

All in all:

Some minor general improvements of the UI.
Some bug-fixes too, of course...
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Any bug report, comments, feature request are always welcome. :cheers
Feb 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Great to hear . And as you see above, rev10 is out, so if you want overtemp protection as well, then grab it.
Sorry for the trouble caused by this, but it was a rather unexpected behavior of the SkyWalkers.
I'll flash em with rev 10.

Nothing to be sorry about! Your doing all this on your spare time, I should be glad someone takes the effort to do such. Kudos!
Feb 19, 2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
There is no difference to the Plush 6A behavior. I fly them with BLHeli myself on a HK quad, and find them equally powerful as the originals, but without the annoying "whining". Sure you have no issue with throttle calibration/range etc?
Any special throttle calibration/range tips for using with multiwii ?
I'm really missing the throttle punch I had before flashing.
If I give short throttle punches with a 2S 35C 500mah lipo and 1811-2000kv motors (Totalweight including lipo : 175g) I don't have the "rocket" effect. The ESC don't seem to react instantly.
I'm missing the nice accleration I had before.
I set the throttle range automatically by the multiwii software (ESC_CALIBRATION)
The ESC are only setup with with high timing and full startup power. Other values are left by defaults.
Feb 20, 2013, 02:32 PM
OlliW

over and over again

now this really becomes rediculous:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4712
Added the capability to flash BESC's in arrangements from 1 up to 8 BESC.
Integrated Multiple-BESC capabilities in the Arduino Interfaces and Boxes.
and allover again, the next invention of mine just copied into BLHeli-Setup...

the list of historical facts about BLHeli-Setup vs owSilProg/BLHeliTool/BLHeliBox looks now like this:

* sskaug/Steffen intoduced the BLHeli firmware, running on Silabs-based ESCs

* 4712/Achim introduces the BLHeli-Setup program, rev 1 to rev 6, which allows to flash and program BLHeli-ESCs using Silabs toolsticks and clones

* OlliW introduces the concept of using ATmels and Arduinos specifically to flash silabs chips and program BLHeli-ESCs using a simple serial interface, and working firmwares/softwares
* OlliW with sirbow2, copperclad, and sadsack work out the technical tricks to handle the Arduinos best
* OlliW with v20120815 introduces the multi-functional BLHeliBox with 1602 LCD text displays, which works both as stand-alone programming box and programmer
* 4712/Achim with BLHeli-Setup 7/8 (15.Oct.2012) introduces the 1to1 pin compatible possibility to use ATmels and Arduinos specifically to flash silabs chips and program BLHeli-ESCs using a simple serial interface, and introduces various multi-functional boxes with 1602 LCD text displays, which work both as stand-alone programming box and programmer

* OlliW with v20120815 introduces a filter for easier selection of hex files
* OlliW with v20120921 introduces the graphical BLHeliBox with graphical displays, the Arduino Uno+lcd4884 shield specifically
* OlliW with v20130103 introduces the multiple-esc function, which allows to handle up to eight silabs esc with several convenience functions
* 4712/Achim with BLHeli-Setup 10 (19.Feb.2013) introduces a filter for easier selection of hex files, introduces support for a box with graphical displays using the Arduino Uno+lcd4884 shield, and introduces the multiple-esc function, which allows to handle up to eight silabs esc with several cponvenience functions

* OlliW with v20130103 introduces the BLHeliBox No.5, and shortly later the Ardubox
* OlliW with v20130204 introduces bluetooth support, along with a smart auto-configuration procedure
* 4712/Achim introduces... well, these have not yet been copied over to BLHeli-Setup (I'll take bets on how long wil it take before e.g. the bluetooth function is also take over LOL)

now, you tell me
* is it incorrect to say that any aspect of the owSilProg/BLHeliBox/BLHeliTool have been duplicated/copied by BLHeli-Setup
* have you ever seen anything like this happening before, is this normal
* what sort of person is this guy
* what would you do/think if any step of innovation you do in such an extended project (which owSilProg/BLHelitool certainly is) is integrated shortly later by someone else in his own project
* ????

I mention, that, out of respect of 4712/Achims project, I stayed on "my side" of the bridge and have never made ANY effort to include also support of silabs toolsticks and clones, which was that BLHeli-Setup was (used to be) about.

olli
Feb 20, 2013, 04:50 PM
Why not just share and help each other? If others are inspired to do the same or similar stuff, that is just a bonus to the community. For my part I'd just be happy to see someone do a "BLMulti" or whatever. The source code is out there, feel free to use it and abuse it!
Feb 20, 2013, 06:09 PM
OlliW
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2400
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2402
Last edited by OlliW; Feb 23, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply