Jul 20, 2012, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
All my parts (except electronics) are just over 100 g.. Will add about 100 g of electronics and 90 grams of pontoons... should come out just under 300g... Mine made from Pink Fan Fold Foam finished at 440 grams.. It flies just great... But I am using a bigger motor than recommended...

Am visiting my daughter and family this weekend to attend the air show in Sioux Falls, SD I flew Slowly in their driveway.. all went well, had a couple of tense moments when someone planted a huge tree on either side of the driveway, and the wind wanted to determine where it went.. Will post video in a bit...

Am also delivering a Magnum reloaded to granddaughters, 13 & 8. Did a test flight this morning, but the wind was too aggressive for them to fly...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
Thread OP

Flight out of driveway

Here is the video of the flight out of the driveway. Notice I still to not have the motor cover replaced that I lost last week...

Driveway flight Marion, (3 min 16 sec)
Jul 20, 2012, 09:23 PM
BLD
BLD
Fun video there ggrimley. Glad you got to fly it and entertain the grandkids.

I'm still in hold pattern waiting to buy a few supplies in a couple days, plus I think I'm lazy, lol.
Brian
Jul 20, 2012, 11:37 PM
ExPat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrimley
had a couple of tense moments when someone planted a huge tree on either side of the driveway, .
Gary, the above is such a funny quote. So you're telling us that while you were flying a guy turned up with a shovel and suddenly two 20 foot trees appeared from nowhere .. Brilliant

Also, cheers Brian and Gary on the weight specs.
Andy
Jul 21, 2012, 02:48 AM
Gary,

great fun from the driveway, like the vid.

@ Joe,
nice progress, looks better with every photo you post.

@ Andy
as you see from the posts, the Slowly can handle different weights.
On some Indoorevents, Christian uses his Slowly carrying and throwing sweeties, bonbons, candys, however you call it, for the kids, watching the show. There are up to 200g additional weight and an AUW up to 450g in that case. But for this shows, a 2s 350mAh battery is used to keep other weights down.

Jürgen
Jul 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
Sorry that I've been quiet for awhile with no updates. Weather, youngest B'day Party, family, work...etc etc excuses..lol.

Thats a great vid Gary! Love the home with a great field out front! Down the driveway and straight to the field...beautiful home location. And yeah...who put that tree there?? Love the screaming voices at that moment..lol!!

Andy, as many have shown...the Slowly can take on the weight. Those wings will cause lots of lift and stable flight.

Joe...your build is looking very graceful and elegant at the same time. Love the color scheme!

I've been planning another build but may go with Balsa for the rear framework section...more for looks. Maybe a hybrid wing too....still on the drawing board or pieces of paper really. Will chime in when I finalize!

Till then...
Jul 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
I have been a painting fool these last couple days ,here is a sneek peek of were iam at. Btw the two dots on my left wing was a leaf that fell on it and i did not want to go back out and take another picture.lol joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Jul 22, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Jul 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
BLD
BLD
Hey excellent Joe. Hoping for a successful Maiden and maybe seeing a vid
Brian
Jul 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD
Hey excellent Joe. Hoping for a successful Maiden and maybe seeing a vid
Brian
Thanks Brian i can't wait till we see you starting yours ,they take longer to paint and stripe than it did to build. joe
Jul 22, 2012, 11:59 PM
Thread OP

Nice!!!!

Hey Joe.. really looks nice.... you are a great builder

Granddaughters (and their dad) had a good time fling Slowly next to their house. I got it up in the air and let them take over... This is a great Training plane... When I got back to Rapid, I assigned the new pilot to Slowly, made a new motor cowling and hit the field... There were several Gassers out there making noise, so we went to the Helicopter area and flew around a bit.... Unfortunately, the new motor cowing reduced the air circulation around the motor and it got steam'en hot.... melted the glue on the motor mounts... Too bad.. it was a nice day.. 104 degrees and no wind...

Her is a short video....
Slowly gets a new pilot.wmv (3 min 48 sec)
Jul 23, 2012, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
@Brian...
What video editor do you use???
Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 AM
Another beautiful flight out at the field GG! Beautiful place I must add. I've been thinking of adding some decor to the cowling area...maybe some mock piping or blower...lol.

Joe...awesome build! very neat and love the colors! Awaiting the flight vid. That'll look great in the air for sure!!
Jul 23, 2012, 07:13 AM
ExPat
Hi Joe, your Slowly looks fantastic and ready for the maiden, I wish you well my friend.

Gary, it's great to see your grandchildren flying the plane, I wish I'd have had someone to encourage and teach me when I was young.
Andy
Jul 23, 2012, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys i hope to fly her next weekend. I like your videos of your grandkids learning how to fly ggrimly ,it looks like you will be building a couple more for them .Ok Last pictures ,i painted the wheels and hinged every thing with ca hinges and i use gorrila glue on them . Being a biker i had to try to put a little crome on her so the wheels got done in silver with flat black tires..lol joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Jul 23, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Jul 23, 2012, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
Hey Joe... Really Awesome, But where are the chains??? LOL

Can I send you mine for a paint job????

Quick Reply