Aug 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
MN WATTS Master
So whats the scoop on that? I thought it was a three or four day electric event.

I'll admit to letting a couple gassers fly at WATTS but that was Sunday afternoon when it was basically down to the club and a few locals.

I'm still looking forward to pictures!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 01:49 PM

Randy Covington

Great thanks to Nathan and Tony for their hospitality,field was gorgeous and the weather cooperated very nicely except for some wind on Friday.Some of the best fellowship ever and its wright here in my home state.Also thanks for the steak and spaghetti dinners,awesome.This is the trip I look forward to all year long,thanks for making it the best event in the state.It's the only time I get to see all my friends at once.Larry.
Aug 26, 2012, 02:31 PM
Left, NO your other left!

RCAE pics

A few pics from RCAE 2012.
-Andrew
Last edited by weathervane; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Aug 26, 2012, 02:34 PM
A few more.
Last edited by weathervane; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Aug 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
An onboard video.
Randy covington All Electric onboard. (6 min 15 sec)

-Andrew
Aug 26, 2012, 03:55 PM

On board the Telemaster at RCAE 2012

And a second one.
Onboard video from RCAE 2012 (4 min 23 sec)

-Andrew
Aug 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Thanks to Nathan, Carrie, Tony, Tim, Chico, Ken, Marcus, Bob, Randy, and all the other great RAMS club folks who make the RCAE such a great event!

Thanks to Tony, Gloria, Annie, Diggs, Jamie, Moose, Larry, Tim, Tom, Jim, Jay, Andrew, Scott, Steve, Bob, Marcus, Nathan, Carrie, Tony, Blake, Dave, Chris, Jay, Mark, Fred ... and everyone else... for the awesome fellowship!

Kevin

PS - Larry & Andrew, thanks for the great pics!
Last edited by kevinhines; Aug 28, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Aug 26, 2012, 04:09 PM

HPP at Randy Covington

Huge to thanks to Tony, Nathan, Chico and the entire RAMS crew for a really fun time Friday and Saturday. We had a blast. It was nice to hang with good friends in great weather for some casual (sometimes silly) flying and fellowship. THe corn was tall and the grass short making for a perfect flying environment. What a great low pressure event for FLG Svetlana to make her debut. She had fun and was amazed to see our flying toys in action. Thanks Larry for letting us share the tent space..can't wait to see your pics as you always get some great ones. Special thanks Diggs and Miss Jamie for saving us a spot at the "cool" end of the field. You two are on the very top of my proud-to-claim-as-a-friend list. The steaks Friday night were awesome! So good in fact that Svetlana actually ate her plate (and almost the table) carving away to get to the very last bite. Thanks Tony for taking such good care of us. We felt very welcome at this event and that makes our job a lot easier. If you can call what we do work. ;-).

All the films are edited and the first dozen are now posted on FlightPass:

http://flightpass.higherplaneproduct...2_itemId=57295

I'll be posting the rest of the films soon and hopefully photos later tonight as well. Thanks again all. This is the most fun I've had with RC in a good while. ;-)
Aug 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
Just got home a bit ago from cleaning up. Thanks to the members who cared enough to stick around and help. Thanks Fred and your always awesome FLG's. Your attendance is always welcome. Great to see you again. Thanks for your coverage of this event that we try to make a great pleasure for all who attend.Fred, Diggs, Jamie, Moose, Larry, Kevin, Scott, Tom, Andrew, Tony, man I can't name all and can not tell you all how much Nathan and I really appreciate you all. Knowing and being with you has helped us try and set this event to please you and make your trip worthwhile.As the subject of the gassers, well it is already being talked about between Nathan and myself. Some of you travel along way and we really appreciate you coming. This subject will be talked about in the near future and will try to arrange a different plan for next year. Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused anyone, but the feedback helps to arrange for the next year event. We have always opened the field up at some part of the day on every event, but it looks like we need to talk a little more for events of this nature. Again, I am sorry for the problems it may have caused anyone and we will be working on this due to the posts on this site and all who have questioned this this weekend.
Also thanks for all the complements on the dinners. It is something I really enjoy doing for all of you all. Hope everyone had a great time. Hope all had a safe trip and really looking forward to seeing you all soon. Until then, take care and love you all.

Tony Simmons, VP
Riversiderc.com
Aug 26, 2012, 06:24 PM

RCAC 2012 Friday

Sorry folks for all the pictures of Moose's planes but he does such a great job of putting his aircraft together plus applying the ever so cool Nachos Cheese graphics,and is also a dam fine pilot,my camera just goes trigger happy.Thanks for being at the event this year Moose,always a pleasure to see you.Great night flying as well.Tom your hex-copter and 110" Rascal -fantastic.Diggs and Jamie,you mean the world to me,thanks for always being there.My buds from JCAC,GREAT friends,thanks for sharing RCAE this year with me.
Aug 26, 2012, 06:33 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
It was a great weekend of fellowship, for sure. Diggs, Larry, Robert, Houge. Nic, GT, Gloria, heck...all y'all that came, I enjoyed it!

Some great fun was had, even if I did "geek out"

Lets do it again, soon!
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Aug 26, 2012, 06:36 PM
Please register my "like" on those last two pics Larry. Great stuff. ;-)