Jul 05, 2012, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
Fly-In

11th Annual Randy Covington All Electric

Ok ladies and germs, its time to get the ball rolling on another great event at the beeeautiful RAMS field. The 11th annual RCAE is coming up quick,so get them planes and batts ready for some awsome fun, food and flyin. LMR and possibly more events, any suggestions will be considered. The RCAE will be held August 23-26,so plan on coming out to join us for a stupendous amount of fun. Camping welcome but no hook-ups.Any questions, please post them here and they will be answered by event staff.If you have attended before, feel free to add your comments or suggestions.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2012, 04:30 PM
Left, NO your other left!
I'm looking forward to this event. I have a copy of last years event flyer. Are there many changes from last year to this year?
-Andrew
Jul 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathervane
I'm looking forward to this event. I have a copy of last years event flyer. Are there many changes from last year to this year?
-Andrew
Should be about the same as last year, except hopefully no hurricane.
Jul 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
OK, Thanks.
-Andrew
Jul 07, 2012, 12:58 PM
KJ4YNM
Just made my hotel reservations. $45/night at the Holiday Inn near Wake Forest U. Thank you Priceline!!
Jul 07, 2012, 08:24 PM
Mrs. Diggs
We're ready!
Jul 12, 2012, 11:12 AM
Who is going to arrive when? I am planning on getting there Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.
-Andrew
Jul 15, 2012, 07:36 PM
RC Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytail Flyer
Ok ladies and germs, its time to get the ball rolling on another great event at the beeeautiful RAMS field. The 11th annual RCAE is coming up quick,so get them planes and batts ready for some awsome fun, food and flyin. LMR and possibly more events, any suggestions will be considered. The RCAE will be held August 23-26,so plan on coming out to join us for a stupendous amount of fun. Camping welcome but no hook-ups.Any questions, please post them here and they will be answered by event staff.If you have attended before, feel free to add your comments or suggestions.
Where is this located?
Jul 16, 2012, 04:42 AM
Just north/west of Winston-Salem. Here is the clubs web page. It has directions and a map.
http://www.riversiderc.com/index.html
-Andrew
Jul 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
Some of the best flying in NC!! Hope to see allot of friends this year. We have requested good weather, so we will see what happens..

Still, even with the hurricane last year, we had a great time.

Y'all come!
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Jul 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
Blew out my flip flop
repost from other thread, since this is the current one:

I'll be coming with a 28' trailer, and hoping Robert produces a gen, not sure about how loud that will be. Afraid my little honda clone is too small to run the ac. Nick and Larry are sposed to be comin too...
Jul 17, 2012, 05:03 PM

Free planes!!!!!

FREE planes up for grabs.
NO ELECTRONICS / SERVOS / RECIEVERS

First is a 1/5 scale Goldberg Cub. It was set up on electric power. NO electronics. (servos, reciever motor, esc) It does have some hanger rash on the wing. This plane is not perfect by a long shot. The ailerons do need to be reinstalled Taken, Piper Cub-David Hogue
Second is a Sig 4 star 40. What you see is what you get. I do not have any other parts for it. (no gear, fuel tank, motor mount ) This plane has never been finished.

The third is a &*^$#$^ ( I have no idea) It is made from some kind of foam covered in red packing tape. The wing was never finished. The plane has never been flown as far as I know.

I will deliver these to RCAE. The first one to call or text me gets first pic of one or all.
-Andrew 443-844-5976
These were free to me so I am giving them away for free. I will never get around to fixing and flying them.
Last edited by weathervane; Jul 18, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Jul 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Blew out my flip flop
I'll take the Cub, Andrew

thanks,
David
Jul 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
Ok, It's yours. I will bring it with me.
-Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
I'll take the Cub, Andrew

thanks,
David
Jul 18, 2012, 07:06 PM
KJ4YNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathervane
Who is going to arrive when? I am planning on getting there Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.
-Andrew
Driving down Friday, if not Thu evening, and returning home Sunday.
--
Tom

Quick Reply