Jul 05, 2012, 08:28 PM
dge
dge
Thread OP
Discussion

um t-28 won't fly straight

I got a new um t-28 and I got up early with no wind and when I tried to hand launch it all it would do is go straight up go to the left real hard. I tried to trim it about three times and and I was unable to because it was all I could do to keep it from crashing. I had to give it a lot of right aileron to keep it somewhat straight. My last attempt I managed to nose dive it and crush the nose a little.

All the control surfaces seemed level. But obviously something isn't right. Anyway,I need some tips. So far I'm very disappointed with this plane. Nothing like the Champ, which flew very well out of the box.

After the crash I decided to quit while I was ahead. Any help would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
Examine the airframe from several perspectives, looking for twists or warps. Rest the wing on flat, parallel blocks, and make sure the wing bottoms are truly aligned the same. Even verify the fuse doesn't have any curvature; bananas don't fly well.
Jul 06, 2012, 08:47 AM
My UMT-28 did the same on first launch, my CG was too far back (battery location), nosed up, turned left, crunched nose. Moved the battery forward and all was well.
Jul 07, 2012, 10:13 AM
Look out below
Yep check the cg..
Find some tall grass and try no power glide test, adjust trims as needed.

Quick Reply