Dec 27, 2012, 11:02 PM
I really like the idea of using cs10 fans on 4s. I think a low power setup with a lot of thrust would be quite nice and of course the inherited whoosh is a bonus. Mind you Nick's A-10 is quite remarkable on 6s with all that vert'. Maybe a bit much for such a delicate airframe?
I am going to prepare my shopping list for the hardware soon and I am looking for some reliable light weight servos. I blew a small fortune on my last arf with all Hitec digi servos and now I wonder if it is even worth it? Perhaps HK servos are ok?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
Nah , the more power the better , that's what the loud lever is for ! You can always pull it back ..
Dec 28, 2012, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
My A10 uses Hitech HS81's for servos. They fit the laser cut servo mounts without too much fiddling.
Jan 10, 2013, 10:26 PM
The HS81's where replaced by the newer HS82's and are too big to fit in the flap brackets or the rudder pockets. They would probably work great for steering, elevator and ailerons but what did you use for the others?
Jan 11, 2013, 08:38 AM
Thread OP
Call me lazy or nuts but my A10 is flap-less, wheel-less and rudder-less.

Bungee launched, she flies just fine on ailerons and elevator.
Jan 11, 2013, 09:22 AM
Nothing crazy about that, it would provide a nice lifhtweight model with a huge wing.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Dudeck
Call me lazy or nuts but my A10 is flap-less, wheel-less and rudder-less.

Bungee launched, she flies just fine on ailerons and elevator.
Agree Larry, bungee, easy way to launch on the grass and fun to fly .
Feb 02, 2013, 12:54 PM
3DHOG
we fly ours with everything retracts, flaps the full compliment and it is 7.5lbs on a single 6s 5000 65c nano .............it still flies like a turbine powered GLIDER!!! lol!!!!!

Nicks Projet A10 (5 min 43 sec)
Last edited by jcdfrd; Feb 02, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Feb 02, 2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
we fly ours with everything retracts, flaps the full compliment and it is 7.5lbs on a single 6s 5000 65c nano .............it still flies like a turbine powered GLIDER!!! lol!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jb3H...kmMh8IQkxmD7XA
Yessssssss ,Sir, also no cockpit,
Low flying A-10 warthog. (2 min 19 sec)
plus camera on the nose, 6-S-5000 LiPo , this plane fly even better with payload. Nice plane . land easy . Cheers
Feb 02, 2013, 02:18 PM
Ok guys awesome videos!! But here's the kicker, what if any is the exhaust reduction from the fans?
What I mean is that when I measure the duct exits they are also 69mm so the fans are running 100% FSA.
Why is no one using thrust tubes? This would also direct the thrust past the wiring holes in the Nacelle and allow for more efflux.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.rc-warbirds.com/index.php/cPath/69_129http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...roducts_id/936
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y
Ok guys awesome videos!! But here's the kicker, what if any is the exhaust reduction from the fans?
What I mean is that when I measure the duct exits they are also 69mm so the fans are running 100% FSA.
Why is no one using thrust tubes? This would also direct the thrust past the wiring holes in the Nacelle and allow for more efflux.
Yes for the 70mm fan the thrust tube exit hole should bee around 52 - 55 mm rough , allway smaller than the shroud ring enter air intake., for 100mm fan example exit holre should be around 80 and 85 mm exit thrust tube. and dont forget you have also a bit of extra power if your intake duct air intake is smaller to the shroud fan ,.for Het 6904 -70mm fan in the Yak-23 ,there the measure I use in and out. Happy flight.
Last edited by Jeanskydive; Feb 02, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:37 PM
3DHOG
Quote:
you are correct whalleyboy the exits are over 100%fsa, with ours the thrust is soo overkill that we are not running thrust tubes, I however have been trying to talk nick into making some for it........hey more thrust is better....right! lol!!!
Feb 02, 2013, 02:45 PM
I just recieved my Het 2w-23's today so I can finally finish this kit.
I am going to try using the CS12-70 fans and look at the possibility of using the inlet lip and milar tubes.
I'm really hoping to keep within 70A on two 35C 4s packs but will try to get maximum power from it so I can get some of that crazy vertical Nick's got! Lol
Feb 02, 2013, 03:08 PM
3DHOG
Quote:
I just recieved my Het 2w-23's today so I can finally finish this kit.
I am going to try using the CS12-70 fans and look at the possibility of using the inlet lip and milar tubes.
I'm really hoping to keep within 70A on two 35C 4s packs but will try to get maximum power from it so I can get some of that crazy vertical Nick's got! Lol
here's what ya need, just released from Tamjets today
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=729
12blade stock housing
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...d4af6dd695c9c4

dont know what you need or already have just throwing options out their
Feb 02, 2013, 10:12 PM
Thread OP
"...Why is no one using thrust tubes? This would also direct the thrust past the wiring holes in the Nacelle and allow for more efflux..."

Like this?

Quick Reply