ALZRC 3GY V2/Robird G31 Flybarless 3-Axis Gyro - Page 73 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot
Hey guys:

Robird has just released a new software update with two small improvements:

1). Added support for ppm single-line receiver
2). Increased the governor top speed

The update can be downloaded at www.robird.net/G31

Thanks,

Scott
RobirdUSA
Great! That's the only serial option I have with the Hitec, ATM.

Thanks for letting us know, Scott.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Something odd is happening with the vibration log.



Most of the log entries don't have a max vibration value. Is this normal? It never used to do this.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:42 AM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Something odd is happening with the vibration log.

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...Untitled-1.jpg

Most of the log entries don't have a max vibration value. Is this normal? It never used to do this.
I think they only add that level to the index when it is over a certain level. Probably what robird thinks is too high and should be looked at.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:53 AM
RobirdUSA.com
SDHeliPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
Great! That's the only serial option I have with the Hitec, ATM.

Thanks for letting us know, Scott.
You're welcome sir
Dec 19, 2012, 01:03 AM
Registered User
dogjumpjump's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeg
Just connect the whole plug with all the wires into the Rs/Gain/Pit/Ax port like the rest with the whilte wire facing the top of G31.
I have a question that, from manual page the RS/GainPts/AX port is connect to Receiver channel 5 and 6, how can you connect all things(channel 5,6 + RPM sensor) into one port??
Last edited by dogjumpjump; Dec 19, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
Dec 19, 2012, 02:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjumpjump
I have a question that, from manual page the RS/GainPts/AX port is connect to Receiver channel 5 and 6, how can you connect all things(channel 5,6 + RPM sensor) into one port??
You can only use the RPM sesnor (and the Governor) when you run the G31 with satelite(s) rather than a full receiver. When you run the G31 with satelites you don't use the 3 into 1 lead.

I'm not sure how this pans out for the latest software (with the single-line receiver) announced yesterday, but it is certainly the case for the Spektrum satelite that I am using on my latest G31
Dec 19, 2012, 03:56 AM
Registered User
dogjumpjump's Avatar
Thank you, so I have to change my system to use RPM.. cost too high..
Dec 19, 2012, 04:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
Great! That's the only serial option I have with the Hitec, ATM.

Thanks for letting us know, Scott.
Are you talking about the 2.4Ghz A-FHSS Compatible 5CH Micro Receiver (Hitec Minima compatible) from HobbyKing? Becareful using that in PPM mode because it's PPM signal is not that "pure" and you might experience some servo twitch once a while.
Dec 19, 2012, 04:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Something odd is happening with the vibration log.



Most of the log entries don't have a max vibration value. Is this normal? It never used to do this.
You should be happy when you sees this, that means your heli is super smooth without any noticeable vibrations.
Dec 19, 2012, 06:58 AM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeg
Are you talking about the 2.4Ghz A-FHSS Compatible 5CH Micro Receiver (Hitec Minima compatible) from HobbyKing? Becareful using that in PPM mode because it's PPM signal is not that "pure" and you might experience some servo twitch once a while.
Yes, that was the one I was talking about. Thanks for letting me know.
Dec 19, 2012, 07:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjumpjump
Thank you, so I have to change my system to use RPM.. cost too high..
All you need is a Satelite and a RPM Sensor, but yes extra expense
Dec 19, 2012, 05:27 PM
Registered User
Ok - after tuning everything mechanically as perfect as I could get, I found that if I set my tx gyro gain at 100%, and the dials on the g31 at 2 o'clock, the tail holds like a rock with no wag. The PC program shows my true avcs at 127. (gently) flew her around the yard, did a few rolls but nothing fancy.

I'm assuming it's ok to run like this? I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to run it that high.
Dec 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeg
Are you talking about the 2.4Ghz A-FHSS Compatible 5CH Micro Receiver (Hitec Minima compatible) from HobbyKing? Becareful using that in PPM mode because it's PPM signal is not that "pure" and you might experience some servo twitch once a while.
Is this also the case for the 8CH full range RX or just the 5CH?
Dec 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch
Ok - after tuning everything mechanically as perfect as I could get, I found that if I set my tx gyro gain at 100%, and the dials on the g31 at 2 o'clock, the tail holds like a rock with no wag. The PC program shows my true avcs at 127. (gently) flew her around the yard, did a few rolls but nothing fancy.

I'm assuming it's ok to run like this? I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to run it that high.

If you have the rudder gain set to max it's probably going to cause wagging when the tail is put under stress like in a hard climb or fast sideways or tail first flight.

The only way I've ever been able to get the tail perfect is to center the neutral position at 0 degrees. For some reason the tail only seems to work well when the pitch is equal in both directions. If it's not then it causes all sorts of problems. And while the manual says that centering the slider leads to the CW stop being softer than the CCW stop in my experience it's the exact opposite of this. A centered slider makes for similar CW and CCW stops while a tail set up for rate mode makes the CCW stop much harder than the CW stop.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Dec 19, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Dec 19, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Is this also the case for the 8CH full range RX or just the 5CH?
No testing has been done on the 8CH yet.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GY V2.0 FBL System boredom.is.me Mini Helis 125 Sep 13, 2012 11:58 AM
Alert Hobby King NEW 3 Axis Gyro Flybarless system w/USB Programmer $45 Mahu Hot Online Deals 6 Jun 20, 2012 04:45 AM
Discussion ALZRC Devil 450 PRO!! 3GY gyro ver 2.0.3 pitchp Mini Helis 7 Jun 10, 2012 11:30 PM
Discussion Hobbyking ZYX 3-Axis Flybarless System Gyro old4570 Electric Heli Talk 4 Mar 15, 2012 11:18 PM