Thread Tools
Jul 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
I think I've figured out how to mount the receiver and gyro inside the frame. Remove the gyro tray, mount the receiver inside the frame under the tail boom mount and put the gyro on the bottom plate directly under it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
I had a couple of flights with my 450 Pro 3GY yesterday, and I have to say it flew pretty well. I increased the collective pitch to 12.5 degrees and set the cyclic gains to 3 o'clock. Tail stop is also good now with the CCW brake set to 2. Time to start upping the cyclic rates and I will probably take collective pitch to 13 degrees.

I still haven't tried different blades yet. I must do that...
Jul 26, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
I'm running some carbonfiber 335mm 3D blades from Hobbyking ($6?).They work pretty good and I have on order some Tarot fbl blades to try.I have noticed that the Hobbyking blades are inconsistent in sets for equal flex and that has got to be a problem.Whats everyone running and what's the best bang for the buck in mainblades??
Steve
Jul 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
On the 450's I've been using Align's 325D 3G blades (I got a few sets for $12) and the ALZRC 325mm FB blades. Currently I'm running a cheap set of eBay 325mm CF blades on the heli with the 3GY.
Jul 27, 2012, 05:23 AM
Registered User
I have been running cheap fiberglass blades from ebay as well without issues. I also recently bought 3 sets of carbon blades from hobbycool. Will try those soon as well.
Jul 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
RobirdUSA.com
SDHeliPilot's Avatar

KST servos and the G31


I've decided to go back to the starting point with the servos. I've ordered a set of the KST215MG servos and hopefully should get them next week. The Robird setup videos show them being used and I've spoken with Liu from Robird and he also recommended them. KST servos aren't a brand that I've seen here in the US so if any of you guys have had experience with them I'd appreciate hearing about it. Also, if you've used them with the Robird G31 I'm REALLY interested in your comments. Thx........
Jul 27, 2012, 11:30 AM
rather fly, but this'll do
krefi's Avatar
I'm getting ready to install the Robird with a DFC head on my 450. Has anyone compared the manuals for the Robird, ALZRC and Black Widow? At first glance, it looks like the BW manual is going to be most helpful and the smoothest read. I'm assuming they're all interchangable?
Jul 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot
I've decided to go back to the starting point with the servos. I've ordered a set of the KST215MG servos and hopefully should get them next week. The Robird setup videos show them being used and I've spoken with Liu from Robird and he also recommended them. KST servos aren't a brand that I've seen here in the US so if any of you guys have had experience with them I'd appreciate hearing about it. Also, if you've used them with the Robird G31 I'm REALLY interested in your comments. Thx........
I'm using the Kst 215, awesome servo at 7v and my servo arms are at 10mm.Also using it for a tail servo and also awesome!!I had a crash that broke two servo arms but no servo damage( still very smooth).I have been using Kst servos for the last 6 months and while some early batches had some weak main shafts the current ones are good.Alofthobbies sells them for $26 and $1.50 for spare arms or $6 for gear sets.There the least expensive and in the USA!I'm running the Align Dfc head in my Beam and that's why I run 10mm on servo arms(12.5 works to but it feels more solid at 10mm)!
Steve
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Jul 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Add detail
Jul 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
RobirdUSA.com
SDHeliPilot's Avatar

KST servos


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
I'm using the Kst 215, awesome servo at 7v and my servo arms are at 10mm.Also using it for a tail servo and also awesome!!I had a crash that broke two servo arms but no servo damage( still very smooth).I have been using Kst servos for the last 6 months and while some early batches had some weak main shafts the current ones are good.Alofthobbies sells them for $26 and $1.50 for spare arms or $6 for gear sets.There the least expensive and in the USA!I'm running the Align Dfc head in my Beam and that's why I run 10mm on servo arms(12.5 works to but it feels more solid at 10mm)!
Steve
I don't have a DFC head (yet) but I've heard they put more strain on the servos and the rotorhead arm bearings. I'm encouraged to hear that the KSTs hold up on the DFC. I can remember - are you using the Robird/ALZRC fbl controller? I will check out the Alofthobbies website, thanks for pointing that one out.
Jul 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered User
Two Robirds, one on a Beam with 215 and a Copterx BlackAngel with 115's.Both work great but the 215's at 7v are noticablely faster.
Steve
Jul 27, 2012, 01:10 PM
RobirdUSA.com
SDHeliPilot's Avatar

Alofthobbies


Aloft is almost in my backyard, maybe 40 miles north of San Diego. Thanks for the tip!
Jul 27, 2012, 08:33 PM
Registered User
Atomic Skull's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot
I don't have a DFC head (yet) but I've heard they put more strain on the servos and the rotorhead arm bearings. I'm encouraged to hear that the KSTs hold up on the DFC. I can remember - are you using the Robird/ALZRC fbl controller? I will check out the Alofthobbies website, thanks for pointing that one out.
The DFC 600 blade grip arms were also exploding till Align issued a fix.
Jul 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
Registered User
I used to worry about the Dfc breaking but after over 100 flights on each Dfc head( 1 Align Dfc, 1 Tarot Dfc 450)and no play any where I think the 450 version is ok.I do notice spool down vibs but I think that is because I run the blades tighter with the Dfc heads( seems to work better).
Steve
Jul 27, 2012, 09:29 PM
Everyone is an idiot (or I am)
Daddy.'s Avatar
Curious, are you guys getting the robirds or one of the other rebadged ones? And what site are you ordering them from?

Ken
Jul 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
Registered User
I bought the Robird version from Himodel for $66.
Steve


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GY V2.0 FBL System boredom.is.me Mini Helis 125 Sep 13, 2012 10:58 AM
Alert Hobby King NEW 3 Axis Gyro Flybarless system w/USB Programmer $45 Mahu Hot Online Deals 6 Jun 20, 2012 03:45 AM
Discussion ALZRC Devil 450 PRO!! 3GY gyro ver 2.0.3 pitchp Mini Helis 7 Jun 10, 2012 10:30 PM
Discussion Hobbyking ZYX 3-Axis Flybarless System Gyro old4570 Electric Heli Talk 4 Mar 15, 2012 10:18 PM