Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 24, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
Tom.in.Maryland's Avatar

Second Wing Spar Question pls. help!


Second Wing Spar Question pls. help!

The manual shows a second wing spar thru the fuselage as in the picture here, but the wing has some laminated lite-ply embedded in the wing I don't see how this is continuous thru both wings thru the fuselage
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
its fine keeps the wing rigid, dont worry as the wing is very strong anyway.
Dec 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
Tom.in.Maryland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86
its fine keeps the wing rigid, dont worry as the wing is very strong anyway.
OK, thanks.
Last edited by Tom.in.Maryland; Dec 24, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Dec 25, 2012, 06:06 AM
Registered User
SRush99's Avatar
....
Last edited by SRush99; Oct 13, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Dec 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
Will it ever Fly?
Flybynight2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.in.Maryland
Second Wing Spar Question pls. help!

The manual shows a second wing spar thru the fuselage as in the picture here, but the wing has some laminated lite-ply embedded in the wing I don't see how this is continuous thru both wings thru the fuselage
yes, they need to add a note, or change the info.
I asked the same question, several posts back.
Just for FYI, I use the "hitch Pins" instead of the screws to hold the wings on.
Love them.

I really want to get my AC up and flying. But the last few days and for the next week,, -5 F, and wind. Chill factor -10-20 F
Last edited by Flybynight2; Dec 25, 2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Cold
Dec 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
Tom.in.Maryland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2
yes, they need to add a note, or change the info.
I asked the same question, several posts back.

I just found in the box a 4mm x 400mm carbon fiber rod that looks like it was meant to be the second spar. Only thing is I don't know how to install it because there is no hole in the wing for it. As seen in my previous post the wing has lite-ply in that place with no hole...
Dec 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
Registered User
SWAMPER's Avatar
just got mine for christmas Wahooo but on hold missing prop adapter screws
Dec 25, 2012, 12:10 PM
Registered User
M2.5?? Break into a hardware store... worth it! Haha

Merry Christmas
Dec 25, 2012, 12:30 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.in.Maryland
I just found in the box a 4mm x 400mm carbon fiber rod that looks like it was meant to be the second spar. Only thing is I don't know how to install it because there is no hole in the wing for it. As seen in my previous post the wing has lite-ply in that place with no hole...
I think that suppose to be one for horizontal stab, I used flat CF instead
Dec 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
crashing build's character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86
I think that suppose to be one for horizontal stab, I used flat CF instead
Q
Yes it does but it is to big I did the same thing put a flat cf in it.
Dec 25, 2012, 03:28 PM
Registered User
I used a fiberglass rod on mine and covered with colored packing tape. I also moved the elevator horn to the top. Mine is ready to fly as soon as conditions permit.
Dec 25, 2012, 03:39 PM
Registered User
SWAMPER's Avatar
quick question with the prop even being a pusher the prop numbers face foward right !!
Dec 25, 2012, 03:40 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
Yep mine too is ready but weather holds me down.
Elev horn has to go on top unless yo want to catch some grass.
Dec 25, 2012, 03:41 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPER
quick question with the prop even being a pusher the prop numbers face foward right !!
yep try it on front and just move to the back without flipping it

LOL
Dec 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
Registered User
SWAMPER's Avatar
cool thanks just wanted to double check befor the glue comes out


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion fmkit's ULink (review/discussion/etc) CrashMeUp FPV Talk 112 Apr 07, 2013 05:34 PM
Discussion general engine discussion thread cale10 Engines 273 Nov 13, 2012 01:22 PM
Spektrum DX7 technology discussion (moved from review thread) Chipwillis Radios 62 Jan 17, 2007 04:07 PM
Heliup.com CNC CF Shogun/Zoom frame build thread/review Hoverup Mini Helis 123 Jun 18, 2005 09:09 PM