Thread Tools
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
rbtgold is offline
Find More Posts by rbtgold
Registered User
hi gang....you might want to check the concentricity of the 2815 motors' prop adapter. bolted up, the prop shaft (at least on mine) was .020" out of true. after repositioning and readjusting its now less than .002". it seems the adapters counterbore diameter is about .010" too big. i ended up loctiting the mating surface (along with the screws).
thx
rbt in mke!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:45 AM
Tim Green is offline
Find More Posts by Tim Green
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
So to be clear, the horizontal and vertical stabilizers are held on with just the one machine screw? The only wood washers that I found were the motor shims. I used one of the thinner ones that I did not need for my motor type. I put lock-tite on the screw and tightened it down a fair amount until the wood washer was pushing into the foam a good amount. Does this sound like the way you guys built your kits?
Nope - I simply glued in my stabilizers, like I do for all my models.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
robstach is offline
Find More Posts by robstach
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
So to be clear, the horizontal and vertical stabilizers are held on with just the one machine screw? The only wood washers that I found were the motor shims. I used one of the thinner ones that I did not need for my motor type. I put lock-tite on the screw and tightened it down a fair amount until the wood washer was pushing into the foam a good amount. Does this sound like the way you guys built your kits?
Mine had 5 wooden "washers" in the kit.

4 of them are for your motor shims (2mm and 3mm I believe). Depending on the motor you are using..

The fifth is for the vertical stab. It is supposed to be inserted into the hole in the bottom of the tail section. If I remember correctly, they show it twice in the manual for some reason.

So - it sounds like you may not have received yours but it should be a fairly simple to make. Not that I'm trying to make an excuse - little things like that annoy me for some reason.

Plus, as shown, there are stonger / better methods to attach it without the screw pulling through the foam.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:32 PM
Tony97 is offline
Find More Posts by Tony97
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
Done!

It weighs 3 pounds 9 ounces w/o battery. That includes: camera, pan and tilt, complete Eagle Tree system.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349911947.182148.jpg
Views: 215
Size: 134.7 KB
Description:
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
Tony97 is offline
Find More Posts by Tony97
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349911964.601527.jpg
Views: 342
Size: 108.9 KB
Description:
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
McSkies is offline
Find More Posts by McSkies
McSkies's Avatar
Looking good! Get some flight reports. I might try mine out in the gusty wind tomorrow to see how the upgraded power package performs. Its supposed to be 12mph with 22mph gusts.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:01 PM
stgdz is offline
Find More Posts by stgdz
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
So comparing this thing to the skywalker it looks like the wings are a bit stronger correct? The loops that were shown had little wing movement.


The spare parts from rmrc are a big plus for me.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:14 PM
nakelp86 is offline
Find More Posts by nakelp86
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
Tony , you r fast :-))
Now, can anyone come up with a logo?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:16 PM
blueprint is offline
Find More Posts by blueprint
FPV Pilot
blueprint's Avatar
Hey guys. Im thinking of ordering this with the premium package. I would like to use this with the RMRC 420 camera. What pan and tilt systems are u guys running? I'ld like to fly with the canopy on.

I have a 1.3ghz 800mw vtx i'd also like to use under the canopy.

Let me know guys!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:36 PM
Tony97 is offline
Find More Posts by Tony97
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
I'm just using that basic pan and tilt from RMRC. I've had it for over a year now but have not found an application for it until now. I'm using it with cheap analog servos. I'm driving it with the Dominator goggles or the side levers on the 9C.
I can basically look a little further than 90 to each side and straight up in the air if I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Hey guys. Im thinking of ordering this with the premium package. I would like to use this with the RMRC 420 camera. What pan and tilt systems are u guys running? I'ld like to fly with the canopy on.

I have a 1.3ghz 800mw vtx i'd also like to use under the canopy.

Let me know guys!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:37 PM
Tony97 is offline
Find More Posts by Tony97
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
I hope to test flight this weekend sometime. I will post all of the Eagletree data.

What is the upgraded power package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post
Looking good! Get some flight reports. I might try mine out in the gusty wind tomorrow to see how the upgraded power package performs. Its supposed to be 12mph with 22mph gusts.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:25 PM
blueprint is offline
Find More Posts by blueprint
FPV Pilot
blueprint's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
I'm just using that basic pan and tilt from RMRC. I've had it for over a year now but have not found an application for it until now. I'm using it with cheap analog servos. I'm driving it with the Dominator goggles or the side levers on the 9C.
I can basically look a little further than 90 to each side and straight up in the air if I like.
Excellent. It mounted right up to the penguin? Any modification necessary?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
Tony97 is offline
Find More Posts by Tony97
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
Well....I had to use a dremmel tool on the wood camera plate to get the pan and tilt to easily mount up. I figured best to use the included plate but modify it. Not my best work but I got it routed out ok. Dropped pan and tilt in and screwed it down. Adjusted plate height to where camera would clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Excellent. It mounted right up to the penguin? Any modification necessary?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:20 AM
Neewbie is offline
Find More Posts by Neewbie
Registered User
What is this tape ... use in support of the hinges.







I like the idea of the flat carbon support as in this photo below. Any link to where I can purchase and approx cost?

Last edited by Neewbie; Oct 11, 2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
Tony97 is offline
Find More Posts by Tony97
Registered User
Tony97's Avatar
I didn't use or add tape to hinges. It is called strapping tape or packing tape. Nothing fancy really, just tape with thread in it for strength.

Some foam aircraft built you must tape the flight control surfaces on. Some foams also fatigue so tape is added for hinges in case the foam hinge line fails.

The rod in the stabilizer is called CF or carbon fiber. A round tube style comes in the kit. Some used a longer piece and square type vice round. Can be purchased at about any hobby shop or mail order. CF is $$. It comes in long sections often times. Probably about $10 for 3' of it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion fmkit's ULink (review/discussion/etc) CrashMeUp FPV Talk 112 Apr 07, 2013 06:34 PM
Discussion general engine discussion thread cale10 Engines 273 Nov 13, 2012 02:22 PM
Spektrum DX7 technology discussion (moved from review thread) Chipwillis Radios 62 Jan 17, 2007 05:07 PM
Heliup.com CNC CF Shogun/Zoom frame build thread/review Hoverup Mini Helis 123 Jun 18, 2005 10:09 PM