Oct 04, 2012, 09:39 PM
Nakelp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly
Has anyone laminated the wings? Do you think it would add an aappreciable durability and strength?
I think wings are much stronger than Skywalker's I guess the tape on LE would do it.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2012, 10:46 PM
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349408680.832783.jpg
Views: 427
Size: 94.9 KB
Description:

I put plane build on hold and worked on camera setup.
Oct 05, 2012, 12:18 PM
Does anybody know how to program the speed controller that came with the kit? I plugged my ESC in and think the throttle servo channel is reversed. Went into some kind if program mode. I think when I moved the stick forward and back couple times I accidentally programmed it.
Oct 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97
Does anybody know how to program the speed controller that came with the kit? I plugged my ESC in and think the throttle servo channel is reversed. Went into some kind if program mode. I think when I moved the stick forward and back couple times I accidentally programmed it.
http://www.finwinghobby.com/faq_view.aspx?id=23
Oct 05, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the post on the speed controller.

I'm going to go with Tim's idea and put the pilot tube in the wing. Does anyone know where to get more tubing? I didn't see any on RMRC. I think the inside diameter is 1.5 mm. I think you could get away with 2. I was thinking to use retract pneumatic tubing. I tried five Hobby shop so far and cannot find any plus I think it would be much more expensive than cheap silicone tube.
Oct 05, 2012, 04:29 PM
Sirach 6:7-16
Quote:
Thanks for the post on the speed controller.

I'm going to go with Tim's idea and put the pilot tube in the wing. Does anyone know where to get more tubing? I didn't see any on RMRC. I think the inside diameter is 1.5 mm. I think you could get away with 2. I was thinking to use retract pneumatic tubing. I tried five Hobby shop so far and cannot find any plus I think it would be much more expensive than cheap silicone tube.
The sensor is based on static vs "ram" or dynamic air pressure, not flow. Therefore, it should be possible to use good old silicon nitro fuel tubing. Most hobby places carry this. I think 3DR and Sparkfun carry it as well.
Best
Steven
Last edited by CN I Dawg; Oct 07, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Oct 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
Steven,

Thanks. I will try that option as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg
The sensor is based on static vs "ram" air pressure, not flow. Therefore, it should be possible to use good old silicon nitro fuel tubing. Most hobby places carry this. I think 3DR and Sparkfun carry it as well.
Best
Steven
Oct 05, 2012, 10:50 PM
Nakelp
Home Depot or Lowes have tubes too
Oct 06, 2012, 09:01 PM
Here's a video showing the gear I've used and how I have it setup on my Penguin for those looking for some setup direction:
GSTV - "Penguin" - FPV Gear to Use (4 min 43 sec)
Oct 09, 2012, 07:13 PM
So to be clear, the horizontal and vertical stabilizers are held on with just the one machine screw? The only wood washers that I found were the motor shims. I used one of the thinner ones that I did not need for my motor type. I put lock-tite on the screw and tightened it down a fair amount until the wood washer was pushing into the foam a good amount. Does this sound like the way you guys built your kits?
Oct 09, 2012, 07:36 PM
RMRC
Thread OP
Quote:
So to be clear, the horizontal and vertical stabilizers are held on with just the one machine screw? The only wood washers that I found were the motor shims. I used one of the thinner ones that I did not need for my motor type. I put lock-tite on the screw and tightened it down a fair amount until the wood washer was pushing into the foam a good amount. Does this sound like the way you guys built your kits?
That sounds correct to me. However, I have modified mine so I can tighten it down a little more without it pulling through the bottom. Its just a piece of ply with a bolt hole in the center and then pushed to the middle. It gives it much wider area to push against. If you decide to to this, I'm sure you can make it look a little cleaner that I have. I was just looking for a quick fix.

Oct 09, 2012, 10:18 PM
Nakelp
Quote:
NOOO, washer goes against the back plate (motor mount) not against the foam
Oct 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Hmmm. I used a spare wood washer and put the 30mm screw through it then ran it up through toward the rudder, put lock-tite on it and tightened it down till the screw and wood washer sank a bit in the foam. Seems secure just odd that one screw holds the tail on. No glue?
Oct 10, 2012, 12:07 AM
It's midnight. Got pretty far tonight. I think the plane is done basically. I installed the camera, pan & tilt, Eagletree system, Guardian, G-meter, and altimeter. Still thinking about how I will do pitot tube. I have pneumatic line on order. I may have enough silicone fuel tube to get it done.

I still need to wipe the Eagletree system clean from the old model it was on DBD start over I guess. Hate to do that as it took me a long time to figure out the system and set it up. RTH worked well on the old plane. Also, now using an old Futaba 9CAP to finally try out head tracking with my Dominators.

Anyone care to share Eagletree settings for this plane
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349845654.921121.jpg
Views: 400
Size: 128.5 KB
Description:
Oct 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349845713.696082.jpg
Views: 382
Size: 98.5 KB
Description:
I put the Guardian and G meter up top.

Quick Reply