Dec 15, 2014, 02:01 AM

Williams Bros pilot

This pilot is going in a SIG Four Star 20 that I'm converting to glow for a Saito 30.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2015, 10:05 AM
Oh look a fly buzzin by !
Did you ever try to do a right pattern with one of those next to you ? You should. Photo on page one , post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch
Some more Hot chick Pilots
Jul 29, 2015, 10:09 AM
Oh look a fly buzzin by !
Speaking of #5, Johnny 5 will be flying one of my planes and the Robinson B-9 another. Johnny 5 will be #1.
Last edited by Chophop; Jan 11, 2018 at 07:50 PM.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:08 AM
The pilot for my Bipie biplane, an orange table tennis ball and bit of foam block. He is Velcroed on to the cockpit floor in case he needs to be replaced. If the Bipie crashes it obviously won't be my fault....

The others are Leggo figures in their seats. The canopy beside has a test pilot in it, the STIG in black. Those who know the TV programme Top Gear will know why. This crew fly a Jackal twin.
Jul 30, 2015, 03:48 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Thread OP
I finally put my Beavis pilot to good use in my new FPV plane........
Turd dog Video (5 min 52 sec)
Feb 26, 2018, 12:15 PM
Who are these that fly?

1/5 scale Williams Bros pilot figure

Enjoyed painting a 1/5 scale Williams Brothers Models pilot for my 1926 Ford Flivver. He's modeled after Howard Brooks, who flew the plane for the Ford Company. He wore a tie, so I had to add a collar. I also cut up an old gym sock and died it with coffee to make a fleece collar. I sanded the outer edges of the eyelids and painted well within a normal oval for the eye. I sprayed everything with Dullcote and put clear finger nail polish on the eyeballs. The straps have a black "wash" to weather them. The coat and hat were painted dull black and then dabbed with brown paint to give it a weathered leather look. The mustache was cut from a discarded false eyelash. He sits on a balsa stand that continued his coat. Where the straps met, I put clip made of paper clip wire. Fun project -- and a lot of work.
Feb 26, 2018, 05:39 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Thread OP
Nice work sir!
Feb 26, 2018, 08:13 PM
Mumbling in the corner.
This is Charles, who shall pilot my Top Flite Elder 40 (if I ever get it built ). He is a Williams Brothers 1/6 scale standard pilot. He is the version that has the head separate from the torso. There is a styrene rod glued to the head where the neck would be, and a matching hole in the torso. This rod will extend through the cockpit floor and be turned by the aileron servo. I still have to come up with something for his goggles strap, and there are a few touch-ups of paint that have to be done, but he's pretty well finished. And rather insistent that I get his plane built!
Details can be found starting in post #14 of the build thread I have going here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Elder-40-build
Why the name Charles? 2 reasons: 1. It's my middle name, and 2. I have a book, "Echoes of Eagles" in which the author, Charles Woolley, tells of the exploits and experiences of his father, Charles H. Woolley, as a member of the 95th Aero Squadron in WWI. It's a good book, but out of print.
https://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Eagles.../dp/0525947574
So, Charles it is.
Mar 05, 2018, 02:45 AM
Hope you'll like this one.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...p#post12867355
Mar 30, 2018, 02:07 PM
Here's my Williams 1/8 Sportsman bust waiting to get strapped into his Super Sportster EP. I had to cut him down a bit to fit him under the dark tinted canopy. He'll be hard to see with the tint, so I took this photo to remember him by...

Cheers,
Geoffrey
Last edited by Geoff Raiser; Apr 01, 2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Pilot needed more experience (a few grey hairs)
Mar 31, 2018, 09:21 AM
Mumbling in the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Raiser
so I took this photo to remember him by...

Cheers,
Geoffrey
In case he doesn't survive.......
Apr 01, 2018, 10:58 AM
Agreed! To improve his chances of survival of the maiden flight I gave him a bit more flying experience, maybe 10 years...
Cheers,
Geoffrey
Apr 03, 2018, 08:44 PM
Dinosaur

Barbie Glider Towing

The new Barbie has articulated wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. She's easy to put in almost any position.
She flies my Pawnee and she's a darn good pilot. One hand on the stick, the other on the throttle and her feet on the rudder pedals.

Tom
Last edited by Twodor; Jul 09, 2019 at 08:16 PM.
Apr 04, 2018, 09:17 AM
Tom,
Incredible detail on your Pawnee cockpit, and Barbie looks great in there. Well done!
Geoffrey
Apr 04, 2018, 03:44 PM
Dinosaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Raiser
Tom,
Incredible detail on your Pawnee cockpit, and Barbie looks great in there. Well done!
Geoffrey

Thanks, Geoff.
Barbie gets a lot of compliments from my fellow flyers. Actually I've had a Barbie pilot since the 70s. I have my original Barbie who has flown quite a few models, survived a midair and lost her pants out of an Aeromaster bipe one time. The earlier versions were not as 'pliable' as the newer ones and I had to take the legs off at the waist. I found a red track suit and I stuffed the pants down inside the cockpit to hide the servos and make it look like Barbie had legs. The pants came out and got hung up on the cabane struts. That got a few laughs. And she fell out of a plane one time too. Not sure if that was an accident or she'd just had enough of my aerobatics. More recently she's flying my Ryan STA. She waves with her left had while she holds the stick with her right.

Tom

Quick Reply