Jul 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
Thread OP
Discussion

Air Show This Morning...

The coaches at the local school we fly at asked a few of us to put on an RC demo as part of the holiday festivities of their summer camp program.

I felt obligated at first as they let us use their field but having 100+ little kids cheering and clapping turned into a real treat for me.
We took slow flyers so we could keep them near the kids and the Slow Stick was a real hit.

Later the Volunteer Fire Dept. will bring a firetruck to spray the kids down and build a giant Slip'n Slide. I asked if I could come back for that.

Lucky kids... Lucky me...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2012, 10:41 AM
Master of the figure 9
Very Cool!!!!!
Jul 03, 2012, 11:06 AM

re: flying

I'm glad that you had fun and did that for kids. You got me thinking that i should do that one day here
Jul 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
That's great - I bet the kids enjoyed it.

In the UK we'd probably have to do a 'risk assesment', take out £100m insurance policy and get the kid's parents to sign disclaimers
Jul 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Having been a member of an AMA show team I know well the feeling of satisfaction one might get knowing what you were doing might put a smile on a few faces in the crowd.

Good for you!!

BM
Jul 03, 2012, 03:02 PM
Lost but making good time
Excellent!

Nothing better than Mom, Apple Pie and Chevrolet plus an airshow in the good old USA!

Regards,

Hankg
Jul 03, 2012, 06:31 PM
Closed Account
For several years, my wife and I did airshows for the students at one of the schools I worked for (I was the district's computer tech). It made for long days, with the kids being shuttled out to us every 20-30 minutes and my wife and I splitting the talking and flying duties.

We had a blast, and the kids were great. The program under which we did the airshows was cancelled two years ago, but up until I retired last year, the kids remembered me as the "guy with the airplanes".

CD

Quick Reply