Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 13, 2012, 08:22 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
I wonder if this dive had anything to do with his decision joining the beta test?

The Dex Octo is a real beauty btw. The landing gears are also nice.
Can't wait to see the AQ working on this.
Please tell him not to do the first flights over that pond - even if it's waterproof!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Drowned my Dex Autoquad on thursday - got it back on friday. Thanks to Dennis Frie for jumping in after it...

This is the first (and hopefully last) time I have filmed fish with a Quad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFEXA3kzA8Y
I did that before with my APM.. everything except the ESCs survived. Didn't get lucky with a fish though

What was the reason of the crash?
Oct 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
What was the reason of the crash?
Over-excitement over one beautiful quad flying smoothly with a hardmounted go pro in a nice environment ... I guess.

Pssst: Jussi forgot about the lipo - no more juice. Eeeek!
Oct 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
Registered User
Ah so no crazy firmware glitch or hardware malfunction, eh

One of the reasons I love my Hitec A9 is because you can see the voltage of your packs if you are using the SPC port. It helps out when you forget how long you are flying.
Oct 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Drowned my Dex Autoquad on thursday - got it back on friday. Thanks to Dennis Frie for jumping in after it...

This is the first (and hopefully last) time I have filmed fish with a Quad
i always thought autoquad is superior.
now i see they go through the normal development cycle.

thumbs up for filming fish using a quadcopter

this event is beyond my budget.
Oct 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Clearly a case of "operator error"...

Here is the Vin log - clear to see that Vin drops to 7V under load and then recovers to 10.5V after motors stopped. Logged until water came in to compartment and shut the board down...

Oct 13, 2012, 05:51 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiH View Post
Clearly a case of "operator error"...

Here is the Vin log - clear to see that Vin drops to 7V under load and then recovers to 10.5V after motors stopped. Logged until water came in to compartment and shut the board down...

Ouch... but almost worth it with a video like that!! See.. no guessing there, very nice log output...

Cant wait for mine, dont know how long it takes to get here but I did order it on tuesday. Have a lot of reading to do anyways, looks like something right up my alley though.
Latest blog entry: On Vacation 3/25 - 4/2
Oct 14, 2012, 03:35 AM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Yep, the logging and visualization part of the AQ software is outstanding.
Every li'l fart of the board will get logged so there's nothing that can be hidden from the user's view. That way we already found several bugs to iron out...

You will meet an active and helpful community at our forums - helpful in many ways. Not only are some beta testers supporting newcomers with their experiences and findings gathered in the last 3 months - some already got invited to the team or helping out moderating the forums, while others tinker with external hardware for telemetry, OSD, ground stations and such.

And there's much more to come: lots of new ideas and new features being worked on in the background.

So all in all the AQ project is moving as expected: slowly but constantly. I hope that the last part of the beta batch which is rolling out right now will lead us to a more polished, user friendly product.

btw: EU -> US usually takes 1 week, depending on the behaviour of your local customs. So I guess you don't have to wait too long...
Oct 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
Registered User

Board assembly


How hard is the fc to assemble and program as I have never done one of these before and now that I'mgetting older my vision isn't as sharp as it use to be, also how hard are they to sent up . For a novice how long will it take from the time I receive it to the the time I get in the airr.
I contacted Viacopter and asked what the price was in the US and he hasn't replied(I did this about 4 days ago), I'heard the price is lower in the US because we don't pay the vat tax. I;d like to know how much the price is ,what else I need to order and how
Rich
Oct 14, 2012, 08:55 AM
Discovering the joys of flying
Adilson's Avatar
I'm dying to jump the bandwagon but the hardware is, unfortunately, still too expensive for me. I'll wait a bit more to see if when it gets into production the price drops.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
Registered User
Hi KinderKram,im woundering if the AutoQuad would work on my windows XP laptop,many thanks,Marty.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:21 AM
Registered User
Frank.T's Avatar
It works on my XP laptop

//Frank
Oct 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Yep, the logging and visualization part of the AQ software is outstanding.
Every li'l fart of the board will get logged so there's nothing that can be hidden from the user's view. That way we already found several bugs to iron out...

You will meet an active and helpful community at our forums - helpful in many ways. Not only are some beta testers supporting newcomers with their experiences and findings gathered in the last 3 months - some already got invited to the team or helping out moderating the forums, while others tinker with external hardware for telemetry, OSD, ground stations and such.

And there's much more to come: lots of new ideas and new features being worked on in the background.

So all in all the AQ project is moving as expected: slowly but constantly. I hope that the last part of the beta batch which is rolling out right now will lead us to a more polished, user friendly product.

btw: EU -> US usually takes 1 week, depending on the behaviour of your local customs. So I guess you don't have to wait too long...
I have been reading up as much as I can over @ the aq forums.. very solid forum, no bs! I hope at some point I can add to the project in some way but need to get my feet wet first..

1 week.... Nice, cant wait
Latest blog entry: On Vacation 3/25 - 4/2
Oct 14, 2012, 11:45 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
JussiH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
How hard is the fc to assemble and program as I have never done one of these before and now that I'mgetting older my vision isn't as sharp as it use to be, also how hard are they to sent up . For a novice how long will it take from the time I receive it to the the time I get in the airr.
I contacted Viacopter and asked what the price was in the US and he hasn't replied(I did this about 4 days ago), I'heard the price is lower in the US because we don't pay the vat tax. I;d like to know how much the price is ,what else I need to order and how
Rich
Sorry about that, seems your mail was caught by my spam filter, and I get like 50 mails a day, so it got lost.

To answer your questions:

If you ask me, its not hard to assemble the headers on the board, if you know your way around a soldering iron. Otherwise, I can make you an offer for assembling the board, but there is a few days turnaround for that - and its generally something I try to avoid.

The "time to get airborne" is a product of how much dedication you put into it. The calibration can be done in 1-2 days. So if your frame is ready when you get the board, you should be able to get it airborne soon.

Price for customers outside EU is 319,2 E (25% VAT is deducted). The kit includes all motor headers, power connector/wire, headers for jumpers, a 1*2 jumper and the GPS antenna.

Stuff you might also need (log in with a non-EU adress to see prices without VAT):

USB/serial adapter:
http://www.viacopter.eu/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=53

GPS groundplane shield:
http://www.viacopter.eu/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=53

Fast update ESC´s:
http://www.viacopter.eu/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=53
(ESC32 is recommended, but SimonK´s will also work)

I also recommend getting some form of wireless data radio for tuning and mission upload. Anything from a simple Bluetooth/serial adapter to Xbee´s or 3DR radios will work well. If you buy 3DR radios or Xbees, make sure that the frequencys used are actually legal where you live

You will also need a uSD card. I recommend getting a SanDisk class 10 card, but PNY and Transcend has been known to work too.
Oct 14, 2012, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Thanks for that Frank,I hope to get one mid Nov,yours,Marty.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Autoquad team proudly presents: Autoquad ESC32 JussiH Multirotor Drone Electronics 301 Apr 16, 2016 09:05 PM
Discussion Naza dji sh gps - south hemisphere public beta testers results! Velociraptor73 Multirotor Drone Talk 26 Nov 20, 2012 01:45 AM
Discussion How Bloomberg's Soft Drink Ban Will Backfire on NYC Public Health MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 1 Jun 26, 2012 11:19 PM
Discussion The AutoQuad! [ video ] kapteinkuk Multirotor Drone Talk 5 Jun 10, 2012 11:19 AM
Download G-3 Public Beta (.426) is out. Includes Airplane Importer! L0stS0ul Simulators 37 Mar 03, 2006 05:28 PM