Thread Tools
Jul 01, 2012, 09:10 PM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer
Who cares? When you exclude a product or product group, because of some fringe ideology, as in this case, you lose. I just changed all my browser settings and canceled everything Google.

GOOGLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot
I know koolaid is nice on a hot day... but then again we have something more important to discuss.
Swooosh!
Jul 01, 2012, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
ar500 steel targets is still working... no friggen ammo or firearms... what next vids... google owns youtube.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
Swooosh!
What... what are you saying... i'm struggling not to blow a gasket.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:13 PM
Professional tree finder
minivation's Avatar
Well, maybe I was part right, part wrong.

I did a little test run and typed "Torrent Adobe Photoshop CS6" and Google had the top result from thepiratebay.se (probably the most popular torrent site on earth) but Bing only had results from less popular sites like torrentz and stuff.

It's probably Microsoft (which owns Bing) that's purposely blocking off all results from TPB.

(Disclaimer: I do not support illegal software pirating in any way! Just pointing several facts out...)
Jul 01, 2012, 09:57 PM
Out of Time
I have never, ever used the "Shopping" link off of Google, and I have no idea why I ever would.

A regular search for ammo brings up all the ammo "shopping" you could want (I tried it just to check).
Still, I'm tired of Google's meddling with what they think that people should be exposed to, so I've gone to using Bing or Dogpile instead. Haven't used Google for anything for weeks. I vote with my fingers.
Jul 01, 2012, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
I have never, ever used the "Shopping" link off of Google, and I have no idea why I ever would.

A regular search for ammo brings up all the ammo "shopping" you could want (I tried it just to check).
Still, I'm tired of Google's meddling with what they think that people should be exposed to, so I've gone to using Bing or Dogpile instead. Haven't used Google for anything for weeks. I vote with my fingers.
The exclusion of shopping ads.. on the subject matter is fine... google is a private company I hope they are punished for the actions... by the users.

I'm looking into how to leverage this as a profit opportunity.
Jul 02, 2012, 04:44 AM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
Swooosh!
C'mon TT, my comment wasn't even remotely a dig at you. I don't care about their new initiative, I would like to know the reasoning behind eliminating an entire industry.

You can't even search for a "rifle scope" now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
I have never, ever used the "Shopping" link off of Google, and I have no idea why I ever would.
Because the shopping link cuts through the clutter and shows you sellers who carry the item you're looking for.

Of course, you can still get shopping results for drug paraphernalia, various "adult" products . . .
Jul 02, 2012, 04:49 AM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar

And another thing - Google Feedback


Quote:
Give us feedback
Please click the category that best matches your feedback.

Based on the category you choose, we'll try to get your feedback to the appropriate team. While we can't respond to most entries, we take your feedback seriously and will use it to continuously make Google better.

Something is broken and I can't use Google properly.
Google's search results weren't helpful.
I had a bad experience with a website I found on Google.
I want to add my site to Google or update my site's listing.
I have a suggestion or want to share positive feedback.
What about "I have a complaint or want to share negative feedback." ???
Jul 02, 2012, 04:56 AM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer
C'mon TT, my comment wasn't even remotely a dig at you. I don't care about their new initiative, I would like to know the reasoning behind eliminating an entire industry.

You can't even search for a "rifle scope" now.

Because the shopping link cuts through the clutter and shows you sellers who carry the item you're looking for.

Of course, you can still get shopping results for drug paraphernalia, various "adult" products . . .
Companies have to join with Google for the new shopping search, from what I understand. If they have some initiative to block the sale of ammo, I think that is the same policy as Ebay and Amazon. Google is becoming a seller, in other words. They already have a checkout system, looks like they have their sites on Amazon here.

Now I don't know if that is the reason, for certain, but it certainly is logical...
Jul 02, 2012, 05:01 AM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
Companies have to join with Google for the new shopping search, from what I understand. If they have some initiative to block the sale of ammo, I think that is the same policy as Ebay and Amazon. Google is becoming a seller, in other words. They already have a checkout system, looks like they have their sites on Amazon here.

Now I don't know if that is the reason, for certain, but it certainly is logical...
It's not just ammo, its practically anything related to firearms. Amazon sells thousands of firearms accessories.
Jul 02, 2012, 05:11 AM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
I am just saying, they may not have anyone signed up with them to sell firearm accessories, that is the point. They say this will not be going full tilt until the fall.
Jul 02, 2012, 05:36 AM
We want... Information!
Bruce Abbott's Avatar

Oh God, Google's Going to Grab our Guns!


Google Shopping

Search for "Firearms": About 2,960,000 results

(example result)
Barrett Firearms 12437 BFM M82A1 416 29 RFL Sys $11,013 from 3 stores
Description: Model 82A1416 Rifle System With Optics. Chamber and bore are both fully chrome lined. Features an A2 grip, and fluted barrel. Military ...

"Ammunition": About 325,000 results

Shop by Brand,

Federal: 532,000 results
Remington: 16,900 results
Hornady: 35,900 results
Jul 02, 2012, 05:58 AM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar
I believe it stems from the MSM-promoted fallacy that you can "buy firearms online" with no face-to-face interaction.
Jul 02, 2012, 06:00 AM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott
Google Shopping

Search for "Firearms": About 2,960,000 results

(example result)
Barrett Firearms 12437 BFM M82A1 416 29 RFL Sys $11,013 from 3 stores
Description: Model 82A1416 Rifle System With Optics. Chamber and bore are both fully chrome lined. Features an A2 grip, and fluted barrel. Military ...

"Ammunition": About 325,000 results

Shop by Brand,

Federal: 532,000 results
Remington: 16,900 results
Hornady: 35,900 results
Not here:
Quote:
Your search - Barrett firearms - did not match any shopping results.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.
Jul 02, 2012, 06:25 AM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar

Oh God, here come all the posters that don't understand the OP


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott
Google Shopping

Search for "Firearms": About 2,960,000 results

(example result)
Barrett Firearms 12437 BFM M82A1 416 29 RFL Sys $11,013 from 3 stores
Description: Model 82A1416 Rifle System With Optics. Chamber and bore are both fully chrome lined. Features an A2 grip, and fluted barrel. Military ...

"Ammunition": About 325,000 results

Shop by Brand,

Federal: 532,000 results
Remington: 16,900 results
Hornady: 35,900 results
...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Yet another Fox conversion Sherlock Slope 3 Jul 08, 2012 05:45 PM
Discussion Another reason why we hate lawyers dll932 Life, The Universe, and Politics 37 Jul 02, 2012 04:30 PM
Discussion yet another reason to stay away from the Big Apple ... logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 65 Jun 01, 2012 09:27 AM
Alert Yet another reason to contact your congressman Mr.Pibb FPV Talk 26 Apr 30, 2011 12:58 AM
Sold Yet another T-Rex package - Perfect for beginners !!! Price Drop wrathofkhan Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Oct 19, 2009 06:56 PM