Sep 27, 2012, 11:29 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69
I have flown mine now for quite a few times with my new AR400 Rx. The AR400 Rx has a permanent satellite Rx built in. It is a pretty nice Rx for $30.00. I have had absolutely no problems with my Gamma 370 at all since I changed all my plugs to EC2.
I changed my plugs to deans, I just don't know if it is the rx's or maybe the speed control is going bad. I'm stumped. I haven't even had the nerve to take off the cowel from last nights nose dive to see what kind of damage was done this time. I've had my aileron wing for over a week and I don't even dare to put it on yet. I did buy a ar400 the other day to try but after it bound it went dead. It won't light up at all now, so hopefully I can return it for a new one.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2012, 01:15 PM
My money would be on the ESC. It is hard to believe that a brand new Rx would go bad like that. Are you still on the stock motor? If so, is the motor arming button ok?
Sep 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Ya the arming button is fine, I had problems even with the original rx's and transmitter so I'm leaning towards the esc. I'm going to call hobby town and see what they think.
Sep 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
For anyone interested, I've been able to replace the prop shaft in the brushless motor after bending mine a few times. Seems to work great but I haven't flown it yet. $20 in parts and I have enough parts to replace it 8 times if need be. Woo!
Sep 27, 2012, 03:22 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Dukeboy:
I have an ESC for the brushed motor up for grabs if you want it. Complete. used only 14 times.
No charge except for shipping.
I can't believe shipping and envelope will be more than $3.95.
Sep 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious
For anyone interested, I've been able to replace the prop shaft in the brushless motor after bending mine a few times. Seems to work great but I haven't flown it yet. $20 in parts and I have enough parts to replace it 8 times if need be. Woo!
where did you get the parts?
Sep 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
Dukeboy:
I have an ESC for the brushed motor up for grabs if you want it. Complete. used only 14 times.
I'll take it, pm me with some info so I can pay you. And thanks a lot, I hope this solves the problem. Don
Sep 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Quote:
I replaced my prop after the last crash, I got it at Lazertoyz, he does have a website and the strip lighting he sells is really cool. I put some on my super cub the other night and it looks great.i just need it to stop raining so I can see what it looks like in the air.
Sep 27, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
I'll post them up later tonight.
But basically I just got a shaft of the same diameter (3.17mm), only ones I could find were alot shorter but I went to a 3.17mm set screw type prop adapter and it's not an issue at all and fits great. Just want to test it out and see if this shaft is stronger and won't bend as easily. It was the threaded part that got bent on mine.
Sep 27, 2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
I'll post them up later tonight.
But basically I just got a shaft of the same diameter (3.17mm), only ones I could find were alot shorter but I went to a 3.17mm set screw type prop adapter and it's not an issue at all and fits great. Just want to test it out and see if this shaft is stronger and won't bend as easily. It was the threaded part that got bent on mine.
I used bolt cutters and snipped my shaft off about 1/2 inch before the threads.
Props closer in and looks better.
Sep 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
I used these shafts.
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...aft-for/Detail

And this prop adapter
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-3.17mm/Detail

Shaft is shorter but looks stronger as the threaded part is what got bent up before.
Sep 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
I used these shafts.
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...aft-for/Detail

And this prop adapter
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-3.17mm/Detail

Shaft is shorter but looks stronger as the threaded part is what got bent up before.
Just an update: Flies great! Even had a few nose overs (I can't find shorter grass to land on) and it didn't bend the shaft like it would have on the old shaft.
Sep 29, 2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, the shaft is much stronger than before now that the prop is closer in.
Sep 29, 2012, 06:50 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Quote:
Dukeboy:
So I went to the same park tonight with my super cub that I pretty much built from scratch. I was flying by the same cell phone tower with a orange rx and had no problems at all. So I think it must be the esc in the gamma that is giving me the problem. I think I will switch the orange rx's in the morning and try the super cub again. Then by the process of elimination I will get to the bottom of this. That is if its not raining. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the esc!
Sep 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy
So I went to the same park tonight with my super cub that I pretty much built from scratch. I was flying by the same cell phone tower with a orange rx and had no problems at all. So I think it must be the esc in the gamma that is giving me the problem. I think I will switch the orange rx's in the morning and try the super cub again. Then by the process of elimination I will get to the bottom of this. That is if its not raining. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the esc!
Duke: You gotta PM me with your address to get your ESC if you still want it.

Quick Reply