Jul 03, 2012, 11:11 PM
Dbl
Dbl
Mine got its maiden journey today. 95 degree heat and about 5 to 12 mph winds. Impressions, a blast to fly. It basically has one speed…wide open, though it will fly along nicely at 1/2 throttle.

Vertical is very limited though the 95 heat likely had an effect on that. Roll rate is snappy and it loops nicely if you carry some speed. Takeoffs are long and landings are long! On par with our parkflyers. Noisy little bugger with the ducted fan motor. The AS3X makes this thing a joy to fly. Crosswind takeoffs and landings are a piece of cake. A ducted fan is a bit different to fly but in a good way!

I went right to 100% rates based on my experience with the Carbon Cub. I also moved all control surfaces in one hole. Very easy to control in my opinion. I would not call this a beginner airplane but someone with moderate experience will have a great time. Seems to cut through the wind with nary a problem. I do have some video but will have to wait for it to upload.

I was running Tenergy 200mAh 25C, the stock Eflite 200 and Hyperion 240's and averaged 4 to 4:30 if I throttled back. I did attempt a Hyperion 180 and it did not have enough power, the motor surged so I brought it right back in. The Tenergy's and Eflite I ran to the front of the battery compartment, the 240 Hyperion in the middle of the battery slot. CG was perfect and I had no climb tendency.

This one is a clear winner!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2012, 11:51 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey
Lookup user RCBabbel. He sells em ready for UMX aircraft.
Thanks grovey!

Batt info on my blog...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=54990

Shouldn't be too much longer before I get my MiG!

rc
Jul 04, 2012, 05:39 AM
This thing runs real nice...
well i guess 2 outta 3 ain't bad...

E-flite Mig 15 landing practice (1 min 8 sec)
Jul 04, 2012, 06:25 AM
Good day,
I am waiting to order my Mig and I want to ask owners, if it worth the money? I never had the EDF plane, is it good start?
I wan to ask some things, if I can. Is the Mig capable of aerobatics and the battery case, is battery holding still? I thought, there is some cover, but it isnīt. Isnīt there danger of loosing battery?
Thank you for help
Jul 04, 2012, 07:15 AM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE
Good day,
I am waiting to order my Mig and I want to ask owners, if it worth the money? I never had the EDF plane, is it good start?
I wan to ask some things, if I can. Is the Mig capable of aerobatics and the battery case, is battery holding still? I thought, there is some cover, but it isnīt. Isnīt there danger of loosing battery?
Thank you for help
I think it's awesome! With the micros I always use a small piece of tape to go over the battery in addition to the velcro. I never rely on velcro alone, I had the battery of my umx t28 drop out in flight and disconnect, hard to fly w/ no power

As for the price tag, it's a tad high but the CS from HH is worth it, they're the best IMHO. I was rolling and flying inverted on the first battery, I felt that comfy with it on the maiden flight. I have never felt that confident with a edf on the first flight before. If you never had a edf before (but have flight time), I think it's a great place to start. It doesn't have any bad habits and seems very forgiving. i slow flew her for a little while and she handled it wonderfully. If you purchase it I feel you'll be VERY happy. Just turn down your d/r endpoints, I use 90% on high. You don't want to full travel the servos. 90% is more then enough throw on all the surfaces IMHO.
Jul 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420
as far as the sabre vs the mig. th Mig-15 hands down faster more stable and faster roll rates which makes it much more fun to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by menksters
.Speed to close to say for sure between F-86 and Miglit but I like the looks of Miglit better then F-86. This little chatter box Miglit is a blast to fly and is my favorite of the four. enjoy yours. donnie

Thanks for the feedback. I was just curious. I was going to pull the trigger on the F-86 a while back. I'm a F-86 fan, but I'll wait... I would imagine that their has to be a E-Flite umx F-86 in the works. You can't release a mig 15 w/o releasing a F-86. It's like Peanut Better w/o Jelly
Jul 04, 2012, 07:24 AM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl
I was running Tenergy 200mAh 25C, the stock Eflite 200 and Hyperion 240's and averaged 4 to 4:30 if I throttled back. I did attempt a Hyperion 180 and it did not have enough power, the motor surged so I brought it right back in. The Tenergy's and Eflite I ran to the front of the battery compartment, the 240 Hyperion in the middle of the battery slot. CG was perfect and I had no climb tendency.

This one is a clear winner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Thanks grovey!

Batt info on my blog...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=54990

Shouldn't be too much longer before I get my MiG!

rc

So the 240s fit in the bay w/o carving any foam? I'm using some Hyperion 2002 now.
Jul 04, 2012, 07:41 AM
Dbl
Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401
So the 240s fit in the bay w/o carving any foam? I'm using some Hyperion 2002 now.
They fit snug but no, I did not have to modify the compartment at all.
Jul 04, 2012, 09:03 AM
Memento Mori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl
They fit snug but no, I did not have to modify the compartment at all.
Cool. Ill look into those down the road. Broke as a joke right now. Thanks!
Jul 04, 2012, 10:23 AM
Chad
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE
Good day,
Thank you for help
if you read the first 93 posts all your questions were answered. all of them
93 posts and not one bad comment but there are comments with members saying this is there first edf and it is simple to fly
many people talking about doing loops rolls and flying inverted with ease
in 93 posts not one person posted a bad comment on the battery falling out either.

we cant really tell you what to do but reading all the info and making a educated decision you can do.
Last edited by TheOne420; Jul 04, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Jul 04, 2012, 10:24 AM
Picked one up yesterday, painted it then flew it in 8-10mph winds, no problem, out the box 100% rates, x4 lipo's 240mah 25c Hyperions, it has a good turn of speed, I don't think I'm going to get enough of this. Only other mod in the pipeline is some finishing epoxy on the belly front part only and around the lip of the battery opening. Thanks E-Flite, What's next?
Jul 04, 2012, 10:29 AM
Memento Mori
Sick paint job!
Jul 04, 2012, 10:35 AM
3D... the only way to fly!
I picked mine up Yesterday.

I've flown 6 flights...

It is kinda tight in my little micro arena... This thing eats up space, and as expected, with no prop blast over flight controls, you gotta keep the speed up a bit!

Things of note... no vertical performance at all... Need a nice clear fly away for go around, and take off. I was using the stock packs, I have two, and a couple of the Hyperion 240s, all were as warm as I've ever had them. The nose wheel bent on mine, yes I pounded it in on landing, bit of a crow hop... When I went to bend it back, it snapped, so I have to go to the grass field and do some belly landings...

Very cool little EDF for sure.

I went to HK and looked for packs, they had med stock on the 300s, by the time I finished shopping, they were backordered

So I have 4 of the mini av 300s coming now... hope they do well!
Last edited by snjbird; Jul 04, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Jul 04, 2012, 12:04 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli5539
Where are you purchasing the Hyperion 240's, seems like I do a search and only find 1 cells. Also do you have to change the plud?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey
Lookup user RCBabbel. He sells em ready for UMX aircraft.
I have purchased packs from RCBabbel and recommend him first as others have.

You can also get factory made hyperion packs with the UMX connector from Bishop Power Products or All-E-RC... both reputable places as well. RC's packs are a little better engineered and lighter.
Jul 04, 2012, 12:21 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Quick question for those flying with Dx7 or Dx8:

I am going to pick up my Mig tomorrow and already downloaded the manual and I don't see anything about using expo with Dx7 or Dx8? I plan in dialing in 20%.
it does mention expo for Dx4 or Dx5....

Thnx, Denny
Last edited by Dennis Sumner; Jul 04, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply