Jul 22, 2013, 07:43 PM
Always Indecisive
Just want to say...parkflyer plastics is AWESOME!!! Ordered today...shipped out today! Amazing!!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2013, 08:01 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
the rcconnectors guy is like that too - he ships out right away

ps - +1 on RealGambler and brushless. i fly at lunch so i find it easiest to take a bunch of batts along. no hour long flying though LOL
Jul 22, 2013, 08:04 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl
the rcconnectors guy is like that too - he ships out right away

ps - +1 on RealGambler and brushless. i fly at lunch so i find it easiest to take a bunch of batts along. no hour long flying though LOL
Yeah I've ordered from rcconnectors. Seems these smaller shops are much more efficient at shipping things out than the larger ones. Now of course, they get less orders than the larger sites like Horizon Hobby and Amainhobbies lol.
Jul 22, 2013, 08:43 PM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
My time for flying is so precious, I've discovered that fact a long time ago. Nothing better than a huge batch of those little batteries. And since I don't want to spend too much time charging them, I can now charge 26 batteries at once if I'm in a hurry! (multiple chargers and parallel harness/boards).

Land, swap battery, and goooooooo!
Dang bro!
I have 3 of those 6 port balance boards
1 to charge 6 umx 2s packs..
1 for my 3d planes and helis using deans
And 1 for my high amp FE boats using 5.5mm bullets
Jul 22, 2013, 09:07 PM
Boost rules!
Yeah, I'd also rather spend my time flying than charging. But I also have better things to do with my time at home than babysitting LiPos while they charge. Since I can charge my packs faster than I discharge them in flight simply by charging two at once, I just charge at the field & fly nonstop all day with only 4 packs. No LiPo babysitting at home, and no waiting at the field.

Joel
Jul 22, 2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Yeah, I'd also rather spend my time flying than charging. But I also have better things to do with my time at home than babysitting LiPos while they charge. Since I can charge my packs faster than I discharge them in flight simply by charging two at once, I just charge at the field & fly nonstop all day with only 4 packs. No LiPo babysitting at home, and no waiting at the field.

Joel
That's how I do it too.
Jul 22, 2013, 10:08 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:

Joel
Personally I don't call it babysitting... I call it: "it's time to empty the PVR" Only thing to do when it's dark anyway, and my chargers are sitting 3 feet away from me. With my setup, I cannot even watch a half hour sitcom while charging all my UMX batteries. But I can watch a movie with my bigger batteries though.
Jul 23, 2013, 12:38 AM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:

Joel
That is what is needed when you charge at the field..............
or at home

much more fun to just fly rather than unplug, let the lipo rest, then plug the lipo in the charger, then start charging, then walk back to you plane, then plug that in, then go fly, then land, then let the lipo rest, then plug that one in the charger, then charge it, then ..................
oh wait are we not supposed to keep an eye on our lipos while we charge them...
what if something goes wrong with the charger in the field while flying.....

flight after flight after flight after flight after flight after flight...............

not sure I have ever baby sat my lipos at home
Jul 23, 2013, 06:35 AM
Jagd Flieger
Thanks for all the info on the lipo batteries, I will have to order some next month. How much do the TP 325 lipos cost.
Thanks Sabastian
Jul 23, 2013, 08:26 AM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
That is what is needed when you charge at the field..............
or at home

much more fun to just fly rather than unplug, let the lipo rest, then plug the lipo in the charger, then start charging, then walk back to you plane, then plug that in, then go fly, then land, then let the lipo rest, then plug that one in the charger, then charge it, then ..................
oh wait are we not supposed to keep an eye on our lipos while we charge them...
what if something goes wrong with the charger in the field while flying.....

flight after flight after flight after flight after flight after flight...............

not sure I have ever baby sat my lipos at home
??? I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't do any of that. I fly, change the pack, hit the charge button on the depleted one & go fly again. Takes maybe 20 seconds, at most. Very simple, very easy, and very convenient. The biggest thing is that I get to enjoy the true performance potential of my aircraft for many hundreds of cycles, rather than having to put up with saggy packs for most of their useful life. Plus, I only have to storage-charge 4 packs if I'm not going flying for awhile, rather than 10 or 20.

Quit arguing with me every time I post about batteries. Nearly every time I answer someone's questions, you start arguing against quality packs again. It's getting really old. You even argued about the performance of the TP 325s in the MiG - and you had not even flown the plane yet, nor had you even tried the packs. Give it a rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabastian
Thanks for all the info on the lipo batteries, I will have to order some next month. How much do the TP 325 lipos cost.
Thanks Sabastian
The factory TP 325 70c UMX packs go for around $17 USD. RCBabbel's custom lightweight versions go for $23 USD

Joel
Jul 23, 2013, 08:47 AM
Jagd Flieger
Quote:
??? I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't do any of that. I fly, change the pack, hit the charge button on the depleted one & go fly again. Takes maybe 20 seconds, at most. Very simple, very easy, and very convenient. The biggest thing is that I get to enjoy the true performance potential of my aircraft for many hundreds of cycles, rather than having to put up with saggy packs for most of their useful life. Plus, I only have to storage-charge 4 packs if I'm not going flying for awhile, rather than 10 or 20.

Quit arguing with me every time I post about batteries. Nearly every time I answer someone's questions, you start arguing against quality packs again. It's getting really old. You even argued about the performance of the TP 325s in the MiG - and you had not even flown the plane yet, nor had you even tried the packs. Give it a rest.

The factory TP 325 70c UMX packs go for around $17 USD. RCBabbel's custom lightweight versions go for $23 USD

Joel
Thanks for the info on the battery price. I had one more question I would like to install the guns on the front of the Mig but I belly land my Mig-15 on grass and I afraid it will probably get ripped out of there even though I land it carefully.
Thanks Sabastian
Jul 23, 2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the info on the battery price. I had one more question I would like to install the guns on the front of the Mig but I belly land my Mig-15 on grass and I afraid it will probably get ripped out of there even though I land it carefully.
Thanks Sabastian
I would leave them off. Pretty easy for them to snag on something while you are belly landing.
Jul 23, 2013, 10:26 AM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Thanks Sabastian
about 17 bucks!
not a bad pack and if you want them lighter just cut off the heat shrink and protective cover...
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/pro...tery-Pack.aspx

I did have some interesting "real world" results with my Nano and TP packs yesterday at the flying field and my speed gun

fun stuff!
Jul 23, 2013, 10:45 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
I did have some interesting "real world" results with my Nano and TP packs yesterday at the flying field and my speed gun

fun stuff!
And when will we see the results?
Jul 23, 2013, 10:56 AM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
And when will we see the results?
I would love for someone to run my Sony a57 to get some none cut video showing lipo changes and radar speeds all in one take

I'm seeing way to many "comments" of what is best, so I took out my speed gun that I use during our FE NAMBA20 races just to see for giggles what difference their are with my packs

Quick Reply