Jan 15, 2013, 05:10 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Not one single crash here either.......And most of my flights are usually straight flights, very low......a straight line at high speed......
So, Judge 'Sup, you gonna keep the limbo contest open long enough for RG to show us how it's done?

to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2013, 06:04 PM
As some have stated the snap is fast and without warning!!!...But I was guilty of getting the model too slow and in a slight left hand turn...This is the first time the MiG has snapped on me...I was flying with too much high alpha and not enough throttle...

MiG Snap (1 min 20 sec)

Kevin
Jan 15, 2013, 07:15 PM
Boost rules!
Kevin,

Good to see that there was no structural damage!

You seem to have trouble with your RC planes whenever they get close to your pond. I've got a theory. Your pond is a miniature 'Bermuda Triangle'. Since it's a rather small triangle, it only affects rather small aircraft, such as RC planes.

Whaddya think?

Joel
Jan 15, 2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Kevin,

Good to see that there was no structural damage!

You seem to have trouble with your RC planes whenever they get close to your pond. I've got a theory. Your pond is a miniature 'Bermuda Triangle'. Since it's a rather small triangle, it only affects rather small aircraft, such as RC planes.

Whaddya think?

Joel
Hmmm!!!...FUNNY!!!...I fly literally hundreds of flights in my back yard and over the pond...Since this is my primary flying area it's only natural that if I have a problem it could be over the pond...And I've posted vids of some of my worst moments when flying over the pond...I would fly more aggressively if I was flying over a "solid" surface so with me flying as I do over the pond is challenging enough,at least for me...The Sbach thread is proof---I would have been even more aggressive with hovering had I been flying over land instead of water...But flying over water is more than half of the fun!!!...And more of a challenge!!!

Kevin
Jan 15, 2013, 08:14 PM
JDougherty

SNAP Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
As some have stated the snap is fast and without warning!!!...But I was guilty of getting the model too slow and in a slight left hand turn...This is the first time the MiG has snapped on me...I was flying with too much high alpha and not enough throttle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkK6JdTv6c

Kevin
Boy, that looked exactly like the snap my Mig exhibited in similar circumstance. I think the AS3X hides the stall point, so be aware.
Jim
Jan 15, 2013, 08:22 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Something simmilar caused my only "Unexpected meeting with the ground" with my mig.
Jan 15, 2013, 08:27 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
So, Judge 'Sup, you gonna keep the limbo contest open long enough for RG to show us how it's done?

Im thinking of changing it to a tip stall contest. Clearly we would get more entries!

Jan 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
......But flying over water is more than half of the fun!!!...And more of a challenge!!!

Kevin
Here's a challenge that just came to mind. You'd definitely need servo covers... I was thinking that the MiG just might be able to do a touch & go on water if the pilot were to keep the power on, hold the nose up, and keep the wings level.

Joel
Jan 15, 2013, 09:10 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Water through the air intake can't be a pretty thing...
Jan 15, 2013, 09:17 PM
Boost rules!
That's why you hold the nose up.

Joel
Jan 15, 2013, 09:25 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
as the aircraft slows due to the drag being caused by the water, the elevator will have decreased effect and the nose will drop no matter how much elevator you hold. It just won't work.
Jan 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post
as the aircraft slows due to the drag being caused by the water, the elevator will have decreased effect and the nose will drop no matter how much elevator you hold. It just won't work.
Surely, you realize that I was joking. But it would most likely work if one could get the AoA, airspeed, and power-setting just right. Might take a bit of practice, though.....

Joel
Jan 15, 2013, 09:51 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Quote:
Surely, you realize that I was joking. But it would most likely work if one could get the AoA, airspeed, and power-setting just right. Might take a bit of practice, though.....

Joel
It would have to be more of a high speed, touch the tail in the water then gun it sort of deal.

Im not gonna try it, though.
Jan 15, 2013, 10:22 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Here's a challenge that just came to mind. You'd definitely need servo covers... I was thinking that the MiG just might be able to do a touch & go on water if the pilot were to keep the power on, hold the nose up, and keep the wings level.

Joel

Joel,

The Cap Skully MiG contest.

I'm in!

rc

Air Traffic Audio of Hudson River Landing of Airways Flight 1549 (New Release) (1 min 49 sec)
Jan 16, 2013, 02:43 AM
Do you have to be very experienced with rc to handle this plane ? And what flight times will I be looking at if I use batteries from a umx beast 3D and carbon cub I think there is something like a 20 mah difference between the mig stock battery and the beasts'.

Quick Reply