Nov 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam
The problem that I (and, I believe, a number of others) have had is that the aircraft often fails to bind long after it is no longer new.

That is, when the tx and then the plane is powered-up, the LED continues in flashing mode and the controls do not respond. Sometimes, this will repeat many times before the LED "bind" light goes solid and the intialization process then can begin.

I know better than to argue technical nuances with Joel. If it's wrong to refer to that as a binding problem, so be it.

But whatever it is, it's a problem.

And I haven't solved the problem. Sometimes moving the tx farther away seems to help. Sometimes it doesn't. In general, the phenomenon seems to be pretty much random.

However, considering how cool the Mig is, things like like this, although annoying, are just mild turbulence......

I've found something that seems to work *MOST* of the time on the binding/initialization/linking/connection-activity-between-tranny-and-thing-with-wings-thingy. If you keep some object between the plane and your transmitter, it seems to (insert proper technical term here) with less issues. Probably accomplishes the same thing as having the transmitter farther away, but I get nervous and feel stupid walking my transmitter 15 feet away, then walking over to my Mig, then trying the battery, then going and getting my transmitter (assuming someone didn't inadvertently step on it).

Try it. Doesn't work all the time, but it seems to work more often than not.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
Have fun
I just turn around so that my body is slightly in the way
Nov 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
I've found something that seems to work *MOST* of the time on the binding/initialization/linking/connection-activity-between-tranny-and-thing-with-wings-thingy. If you keep some object between the plane and your transmitter, it seems to (insert proper technical term here) with less issues. Probably accomplishes the same thing as having the transmitter farther away, but I get nervous and feel stupid walking my transmitter 15 feet away, then walking over to my Mig, then trying the battery, then going and getting my transmitter (assuming someone didn't inadvertently step on it).

Try it. Doesn't work all the time, but it seems to work more often than not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
I just turn around so that my body is slightly in the way
Yup. Anything that reduces the signal strength will work. Hence, why I point the tip of the tx antenna at the aircraft. That attenuates the signal by at least 30 dB (1/1000). Your body will also attenuate 2.4 GHz by about 30 dB or so. In contrast - doubling the distance only attenuates the signal by 6 dB (1/4).

Joel
Nov 23, 2012, 04:40 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
I'll try holding the TX up to my temple.

The metal plates in my skull could really git that sucker attenuated.

Nov 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
My plane will intiallize but at times the LED won't light up after all of the beeps...Everything works but no LED lit on the brick...I don't feel comfortable without seeing the LED flash then come on solid after initiallization so I re-initiallize the plane to get the LED...

Kevin
Nov 23, 2012, 08:17 PM
Elfi Flyer

Correction !

As a correction to my previous post, my Mini MiG gives out a single "Doodley" after complete initialization, not a "Doodley-Doodley". I must have had a CC Phenoix ESC in mind.

RD
Nov 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
I just now flew the MiG and it's 43*...What a ROCKET it is in colder weather!!!...My lipos are kept warm (room temp/72*) and don't fade off in flight due to only the bottom of the batt exposed to the cold air in flight...This plane is now one of my favorites!!!

Kevin
Nov 24, 2012, 11:29 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I just now flew the MiG and it's 43*...What a ROCKET it is in colder weather!!!...My lipos are kept warm (room temp/72*) and don't fade off in flight due to only the bottom of the batt exposed to the cold air in flight...This plane is now one of my favorites!!!

Kevin
my first mig has been dinged, bent, broken in two & glued back together so many times...it still flies great, even with the extra glue weight !

i'm fixing to buy another with no hesitations
Nov 25, 2012, 01:12 AM
Happy to report Nitrocharged MIG bra saved the nose of my MIG twice today.

First was battery velcro gave way at launch end in a nose plant into the ground and a cartwheel. No damage.

Second was a botched hand launch. Tail of plane caught my hat and ended in a nose plant into the ground. Again no damage to the airframe. MIG bra sustained a small crack.
Nov 25, 2012, 01:17 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
is this mig bra for sale here ??
Nov 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
BMFA 190658
I wanted to test fly my MiG in some 15kt winds the other day but forgot to take my MA300s with me. I had some TP325s but I never tried to fit these as they are a lot deeper than the Miniaviations...

Do you guys scoop out some foam for the TPs to fit? I would really like to try these, any help would be appreciated!

Tony
Nov 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Boost rules!

Factory TP 325 mAh 65c UMX packs now available!

Tony,

I just let the TP 325s hang down a bit. So far, I have not had any problems - even when belly-landing on grass. I just bring her in nose-high when belly-landing. I suppose one could shave a bit of drag by flush-mounting them.

Hey Nitro,

You must have had a bit of inside info! TP is now making 325 mAh 65c UMX packs: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-THP3252SPP65B

Joel
Nov 26, 2012, 10:00 AM
BMFA 190658
Thanks Joel, I'll try that
Nov 26, 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
I wanted to test fly my MiG in some 15kt winds the other day but forgot to take my MA300s with me. I had some TP325s but I never tried to fit these as they are a lot deeper than the Miniaviations...

Do you guys scoop out some foam for the TPs to fit? I would really like to try these, any help would be appreciated!

Tony
Tony I actually lay them flat on the bottom where the original lipo fits but i did had to cut out some foam to make it fit that will also makes the mig fly better with out having the wires and battery hang low I posted a while back go to this link and go to post 1589 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post22527570 you will see the pic of how i did it
Last edited by mavdriver; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: correct post
Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
BMFA 190658
Sounds good

Quick Reply