Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mayday! Mayday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by impmotor View Post
I have had periodic problems with the elevator servo after a number of flights. The first time was after almost 100 flights. I replaced the servo on the advice of Horizon Hobby. The second servo lasted for over a 100 flights before sticking. I sprayed it with DeOxit and it seems to last for about 50 flights before needing to be resprayed. I have had no problems with the other servos and have no expanation for why only the elevator servo causes problems. All I can suggest is that you do a preflight test to make sure that the servos are not sticking. Irregardless, I have several several hundred flights with my MIG and although I am not a greatly skilled, I love this plane.
IMPMotor and TurboRacer,
Thanks for the feedback! At least I know I'm not alone... I sent it back to HH today and will hopefully hear something back within a week or so. I talked to a rep and they said they would let me know when they rec'd it and should have it fixed or replaced w/in 7 business days. Not too bad. This is why I always come back to HH, at least I know they will stick by their products and not give me any hassle
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2012, 03:31 PM
Elfi Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
This is why I always come back to HH, at least I know they will stick by their products and not give me any hassle
Yes, they replaced my Spektrum DX6i, DSM2, with a new one, DSMX, after the original decided to self-immolate!

Very good customer service at HH.

RD
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Oct 05, 2012, 04:24 PM
Gravity always wins . . .
Hey guys, I’d been looking for a new plane for a while when I took a trip to my LHS after work to buy some parts for a wing I’m building. I wasn’t looking real hard, just one of those things in the back of your mind. When I walked in the GP F-86 sitting on the counter caught my eye and was marked down to $99.00 but the Any Link was $30.00 extra. I didn’t even bother looking at the MiG, something about good old fashion American liberty and freedom vs. communism. I had a $50.00 gift certificate but the round trip home was a solid hour and I wouldn’t get back before they closed. I went back the next day with the intension of buying the F-86. But before I plunked down my bank card and gift certificate, I decided to give the MiG a second look, after all, it was an HH BNF. Now I had a dilemma. When I walked out with the MiG, I had no idea what AS3X was or that this little plane even had something like that. But how cool it was when I found out after deciding to do some reading up before I maiden her. It looks like I made the right choice. I found the thread Dave from HH started. Wow, 148 pages. I got down to about page 135 only to find a link to the owners thread. HOLY CRAP! . . . another 134 pages? Lots of good info, funny stories and videos, except when the plane gets more than 10ft away from a camera it just turns into a speck. I’m on page 42 now and think I have enough info to do a maiden. This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. I’ll catch up with ya’ll in a couple days.
Last edited by Corky65; Oct 05, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Oct 05, 2012, 04:28 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky65 View Post
I decided to give the MiG a second look, after all, it was an HH BNF.

This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. I’ll catch up with ya’ll in a couple days.
Awesome, welcome aboard!

I'm about to take my own poor battered & abused Mig15 to the park, on it's screeching bearings and get some more time in with it.

It's a terrific plane, you are going to love it.

If I can't work out a replacement EDF unit soon, I might just buy a whole new Mig, and let this one be the parts queen.
Oct 05, 2012, 04:42 PM
Gravity always wins . . .
Thanks Track
Oct 05, 2012, 04:48 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Awesome, welcome aboard!

I'm about to take my own poor battered & abused Mig15 to the park, on it's screeching bearings and get some more time in with it.

It's a terrific plane, you are going to love it.

If I can't work out a replacement EDF unit soon, I might just buy a whole new Mig, and let this one be the parts queen.
+1 on all points tracknoob!
Oct 05, 2012, 05:13 PM
Had mine out today in a 16 mph gusty wind and it didn't even flinch Your going to love it.

Gord.
Oct 05, 2012, 06:43 PM
Elfi Flyer
Yup, great introduction to EDF. I am hoping we'll see a UMX F-18, or maybe a UMX Messerschmidt twin jet. Not too much to ask is it? AS3X, naturally.

For now, my Mini MiG 15 is getting a lot of attention.

RD
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Oct 05, 2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. Ill catch up with yall in a couple days.
Luckly, you made the right choice the first time. I had the GP F-86 and it was
flying it with the Anylink. Now I didn't have any problems with my other
Anylink plane (Flyzone Sensei), but this one was a total kluge, and on the second flight attempt became a pile of parts. I flew a 50mm T-45 EDF, and started off the day with that, then flew my MiG. The MiG is about 2/3s the
size of the T-45, but handled the wing as steadily as my Sensei,which is a 56"
wingspan Cessna type. Follow the manual and you can't go wrong. However
if you bend the nosewheel, don't be suprised. Just go back to your LHS and buy
a set of Parkzone UM P-51 gear and follow the video on page 19 of the mod thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ig+mod&page=19
Oct 05, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Yup, great introduction to EDF. I am hoping we'll see a UMX F-18, or maybe a UMX Messerschmidt twin jet. Not too much to ask is it? AS3X, naturally.

For now, my Mini MiG 15 is getting a lot of attention.

RD
Actually, BH has several 50mm planes, including the F-18, that they've put
what could be termed AS2X on. But a UMX F-14 with fully functional wings WOULD be nice. Though I don't think E-Flite would be able to keep up with the demand.
Last edited by Valkpilot; Oct 05, 2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
Oct 05, 2012, 07:44 PM
I have good news for those of you wanting more power and longer flight times...I tested some ne Turnigy NanoTech 35-70C 300mAh 2S batts in my AS3X Beast 3D...I tached the 2500kv motor around 11800-11950 RPM with the NanoTechs...I then tesed my 25C 240mAh G3 Hyperion batts and got around 11500-11650 RPM...TheNanoTechs weigh exactly the same as my Hyperions...

Give the new 2S 300mAh 35C NanoTechs a try---I'm sure you will like them...

Kevin
Oct 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
Mayday! Mayday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I have good news for those of you wanting more power and longer flight times...I tested some ne Turnigy NanoTech 35-70C 300mAh 2S batts in my AS3X Beast 3D...I tached the 2500kv motor around 11800-11950 RPM with the NanoTechs...I then tesed my 25C 240mAh G3 Hyperion batts and got around 11500-11650 RPM...TheNanoTechs weigh exactly the same as my Hyperions...

Kevin
I looked at those, but I assume you need a JST to JST PH (Eflite?) adapter to make them work? How did you make them work? I assume you need to use the JST power plug and cannot just replace the JST XH balance plug?
Last edited by jpt1205; Oct 06, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
Oct 05, 2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt1205 View Post
I looked at those, but I assume you need a JST to JST PH (Eflite?) adapter to make them work?
Or a nice soldering iron. That way you don't get the resistance associated with the adapters.
Oct 06, 2012, 02:50 AM
Do you see what I see?
Quote:
This is my first EDF and looking forward to the flight. Ill catch up with yall in a couple days.
Congrats with your MiG!! This was my first EDF as well and I LOVE IT!! The MiG had me wanting to try a "bigger" EDF so I picked up a Habu1 as well as a Sky Angel ASM 50mm EDF (that's my first non-HH plane!). The Habu is stable & fast (8 flights now with the Habu) & the ASM is squirrely but the MiG is AMAZING!!
I hope the next micro to be released after the ASK-21 will be an EDF!!! Any type of EDF!! Micro Habu, F-18, F-16, F-15 or even an L-39 since the Albatross seems to be a popular EDF. I'll be placing an order for more Babbel Batts for sure, LOL!!!!
Oct 06, 2012, 03:36 AM
we can take off without that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

Kevin
Good info Kevin, thanks! by sheer coincidence I ordered a few of that exact battery when I was ordering some bigger nano techs, but wasnt too sure if they would be any good. Now I cant wait to give them a go. Only pain will be replacing the plug with the Mig 3-pin plug.
Do you think the balance leads on that little nano-tech are big enough to be used for powering the Mig? then I can just chop of the JST plug and wires the battery came with.