Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread - Page 125 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 21, 2012, 09:00 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350
Whilst the servo is in it's programming mode you can turn the gears with your fingers to the required position. It will remember this position as the neutral point.
Is this confirmed? This would allow us to change the offset amount on these servos.
-Brian
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
Is this confirmed? This would allow us to change the offset amount on these servos.
-Brian
That is exactly what I thought!
No need to swap servos, just reprogram them
Sep 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
I just did it to mine.
The first time i tried to reverse the servo i slipped before it fully entered programming mode and it changed the neutral point.
Out of experimentation to try and re-centre the servo i discovered whilst in programming mode i could move the servo and it maintained the new neutral point.
Sep 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
It has not changed the differential inbuilt in the servo. It still moves one way more than the other.
Sep 21, 2012, 09:18 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
It has not changed the differential inbuilt in the servo. It still moves one way more than the other.
OK so this could create an over-driven situation as the amount of travel each way is the same, just the center point is being moved.

I guess a word of caution to all those who do this, make sure the servo doesn't go to the end when on high rates as it will likely jam there.

Still a neat thing to fiddle with, just don't get to extreme in the movements.

-Brian
Sep 21, 2012, 09:24 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
That is a shame...

I thought HH had reprogrammed a servo [presumably in this way] because someone bought a wrong sided servo.

Are you sure that if you moved the centre point it still moved 50/50 from the new point?
Sep 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
BMFA 190658
What I mean is, if you were to change the neutral point to the other end of the travel, would the servo act as a differential servo with more down than up...
Sep 21, 2012, 09:48 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Whilst the servo is in it's programming mode you can turn the gears with your fingers to the required position. It will remember this position as the neutral point.
Wow, nice find!!!! I did reverse quite a few servos, but never stumbled into that.
Sep 21, 2012, 10:09 AM

Battery Charging

Can I charge the MiG's battery off of a 6v lantern battery using the included
alligator clips?
Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mayday! Mayday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
Yes most agree this is the best way. The Elevator strips are probably unnecessary as Pugsam said. I used the sizes to mentioned on mine, but I didn't skewer as I did mine before someone thought about that idea. If I did it again I would do the skewer method as it looks cleaner. Make sure that strip piece in the middle is one piece pushed through the vertical stab!

Foam safe CA is my preferred method for attaching it.

I cut CF with a razor saw. Then I use fine sand papaer on the cut edge to smooth and prevent fraying.

-Brian
Thanks Brian!
Sep 21, 2012, 11:25 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot
Can I charge the MiG's battery off of a 6v lantern battery using the included
alligator clips?
no, The charger that comes with the mig is designed for 12volts (car battery).

-Brian
Sep 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Maybe 2 lantern batteries in series, but it would be simpler with a car battery.
Sep 22, 2012, 01:38 AM
That will simply buff out

Floating MIG

Found out that you need to be careful and ensure that the battery is properly engaged with the velcro

2nd flight this morning and after a shallow dive pulled up rapidly to go to vertical - a small blue object kept going forward and the MIG simply stopped in mid air. Frantically trying to control the MIG then realising that the battery had come out of the plane and of course no power to any of the controls

Finally floated down - 1 wing needed some glue but not too bad and will check that velcro next time for sure
Sep 22, 2012, 05:37 AM

mig15 construction

am i being dumb but does anyone know for sure what foam she is built from?
Sep 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill1966
am i being dumb but does anyone know for sure what foam she is built from?
EPS (unfortunately)