Sep 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
Hoarding balsa is a sickness
Thread OP
Yes I have... it will be a back up plane for the handsome guy, Ed, in the picture above. There is also a new customer, Dave, that will be getting a plane and power combo after flying mine. My older son wants a red one when you get them, and another local guy, Mike will be a future customer when the painted kits are online...he wants either yellow or green. Waiting for the small DSM2 recievers to be back in stock also....that is the perfect reciever for something of 26 inch span...(darn it, did I say that again ??? )
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2012, 11:58 PM
Thread OP
Micro Dan, see what you started ??? thanks man.
Sep 26, 2012, 05:48 PM
Thread OP
I got the unpainted kit today about noon...like I said, it is a back-up plane for Ed. Dave should be getting his kit in a couple of days.
Oct 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
any chance these are going to be back in stock sometime soon? its indoor season and i want to try one of these but there has never been any showing stock on the website.
Oct 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by furballll
any chance these are going to be back in stock sometime soon? its indoor season and i want to try one of these but there has never been any showing stock on the website.
Been wondering the same. Need another to bash around for indoor season.
Oct 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
Thread OP
Khen should have more in stock very soon. He had to divert his attention to the home front for a few weeks.... I have been bugging him also cause I got 2 more people wanting kits and power packs.
Oct 24, 2012, 01:21 AM
formerly khen
Yup, I should have some more kits online over the weekend or before. I'll post here when they're ready. I finally built myself another one and put some flights on it.. Oh how I missed my Slicko.
Oct 24, 2012, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Good...my older son wants a red one, then he will leave mine alone. All I am lately is the battery charging person, the boys are doing the flying.
Oct 28, 2012, 03:34 AM
Thread OP
So I ordered a red one for my older son, and a white one for Mike, a newbe to r/c flying. I met Mike at my field today and he only has stick time on one cell park flyers, so I set the controls to low rates and the throttle at 50%, handed him the TX and released the Slicko, and walked away. First 10 seconds were interesting, then it all came together for him, and he said "did you order one of these for me??"..Yep ! By the end of the battery, he was looping and rollin and having a blast. His build will be posted next week end. Looks like Khen is sold out again, glad I got a quick trigger finger...
Oct 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
formerly khen
Gone are the days of learning on a balsa trainer that took 2 weeks and $300+ to build.

I've had a hard time keeping up with demand on the but I have filled all the backlog now. I have some more red and unpainted ones that will go online tomorrow for those interested. I also hope to get more colors painted this week.

I managed to put another 10 or so flights on mine this weekend, had a blast!
Oct 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
This plane looks like a real winner. Am seriously considering getting one.
Oct 30, 2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R
This plane looks like a real winner. Am seriously considering getting one.
Get it! I got a white one and painted it. My first paint job. Flys great! I'm no pro but I love it. I mostly fly it on 3's. I can't wait to see what it does on 2s this Saturday indoors. I fly it more than any other plane in my hangar.
Oct 31, 2012, 06:48 PM
Ordered it today! I can't wait to start putting it together.
Oct 31, 2012, 09:03 PM
Thread OP
Got the red one for my older son and the white one for Mike today...build them soon, here.
Oct 31, 2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R
Ordered it today! I can't wait to start putting it together.
She will fly as beautiful as your avatar looks. Almost.

Quick Reply