Is Hitec Freedom 9s a good receiver for long distance? - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
Suspended Account
Question

Is Hitec Freedom 9s a good receiver for long distance?


I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range, however, I know that it is one of Hitecs newest receivers. It is the receiver that I got when I purchased the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2012, 12:04 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
bartricky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystarfpv4
I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range, however, I know that it is one of Hitecs newest receivers. It is the receiver that I got when I purchased the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
Specs say that the Aurora 9 is a 2.4 GHz radio and that the Freedom9s is a 72MHz receiver. If so they will not work together.
Jun 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account

I bought the Spectra 72Mhz module


I bought the Spectra pro 72Mhz module.

Please stay focused on original question, don't be like bartricky and create own questions. Back to original question ----> I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range, however, I know that it is one of Hitecs newest receivers. It is the receiver that I got when I purchased the Hitec Aurora 9 radio. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
Jun 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
bartricky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystarfpv4
I bought the Spectra pro 72Mhz module.

Please stay focused on original question, don't be like bartricky and create own questions. Back to original question .
Had you given us more information in your original post the answer would have been different.

Dismissing the only person that took time to try and help you won't get you very far.

Good luck..
Jun 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Piece's Avatar
I know the answer to your question. I could give you more information than you'd know what to do with. Everyone else on this site knows I could.

Your abject rudeness toward Bartricky prevents me.
Jun 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
Hance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
I know the answer to your question. I could give you more information than you'd know what to do with. Everyone else on this site knows I could.

Your abject rudeness toward Bartricky prevents me.
LIKE


If you need to ask questions like this then you probably have no business flying at such large distances anyway
Jun 29, 2012, 11:39 PM
To Slip is Divine
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystarfpv4
Please stay focused on original question, don't be like bartricky and create own questions. Back to original question ----> I bought the Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was wondering if it would be good for a range of 1-2 kilometers (2600 - 5200 Feet). Haven't found any information that talks about its range. Any information or experience on the subject would be appreciated.
Well, since you've put it that way, I feel obligated to share this piece of long-range radio tuning advice: Wesson Oil. Apparently, the Wessonality allows the signal to propagate over vastly longer distances, when the oil is rubbed liberally on all IC chips in the transmitter and receiver.

You're Most Welcome!
Jun 30, 2012, 08:29 AM
Certified Codger
wingspann's Avatar
I prefer Corrosion-X, as it also waterproofs the electronics while adding even more Wessonality.
Jul 01, 2012, 12:49 AM
Closed Account
I like the Wesson oil idea. However there are four types of oil.
http://www.wessonoil.com/the4oils.jsp

I might buy the corn oil, because I like french fries. If combining the deliciousness of french fries in conjunction with flying FPV is possible, I will buy a bottle.
Jul 01, 2012, 04:15 AM
Professional tree finder
minivation's Avatar
No, I say combine all four. Doing so would enable the user to employ ALL the capabilities they have, whether it's deep frying, sauteing or baking...
Jul 01, 2012, 01:39 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivation
No, I say combine all four. Doing so would enable the user to employ ALL the capabilities they have, whether it's deep frying, sauteing or baking...
MMMMM, baked microchips. Healthy and delicious
Jul 01, 2012, 01:44 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Piece's Avatar
Quote:
MMMMM, baked microchips. Healthy and delicious
I enjoy the BBQ flavor variety. Nothing better than a good Independence Day party with a big bag of sweet-n-spicy ATmega32s.
Jul 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
I enjoy the BBQ flavor variety. Nothing better than a good Independence Day party with a big bag of sweet-n-spicy ATmega32s.
That actually sounds great right now...BBQ -potato- chips.

Personally I prefer a more basic 555 timer flavor
Jul 01, 2012, 08:11 PM
Professional tree finder
minivation's Avatar
You guys in America have it lucky. I in Papua have to deal with lesser brands of oil companies. We only have canola, palm and corn. I've wrecked a couple of ESC's trying to fry them with these "Bimoli" brand oils...
Jul 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
Closed Account
I see the maximum storage temperature of the ATMega is only 50 degrees lower than the recommended deep fry temperature. Should be fine for quick immersions.

However, I am going to do a light breading beforehand. Does anyone know the dielectric constant and possibly the dissipation factor of eggs, flour, and bread crumbs in the usual ratio? I am hoping breading will improve the overall signal speed and current carrying capability of the RF and power circuits. This is in corn oil BTW..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hitec FREEDOM 9S receivers LRFitch Radios 7 Aug 23, 2012 12:27 AM
For Sale NIB Hitec Freedom 9S Synthesized Receiver -- $32.00 Shipped CONUS ek123 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2010 02:17 AM
Discussion HPP-22 and Freedom 9S receiver not connecting? idonasch Hitec/Multiplex USA 1 Sep 14, 2010 02:05 AM
Wanted Hitec 72Mhz Spectra Tx modual & Freedom 9S Rx's Quixksilver Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Jan 18, 2010 04:57 AM
Discussion Hitec Freedom 9S Synth 9Ch Dual Conversion Autoshift RX Guz Hitec/Multiplex USA 10 Aug 24, 2008 10:22 PM