Thread Tools
Nov 04, 2012, 11:39 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
I freaked myself out tonight.....went outside, a little breezy.
Flew the quad all over the place....got it up high, put the mode into 4,
gave it some diagonal push and it flipped/rolled diagonally...wow...
didn't know it would do that...tried all four corners and was impressed.

Dropped it down to mode 2 and flew it home....cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2012, 01:26 AM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
i stripped mine down 9grams and now the thing is flying like crap and i have know idea why? All i did was remove the langing gear and the cover that hides the wires to the motor. The rudder is the main thing that isnt working.
Nov 05, 2012, 03:49 AM
Registered User
What do u mean by the rudder is not working?
Also what did u use instead of the landing gear, the reason I ask is to check how stable the quad is when you put in the battery and initialize the gyro...
Nov 05, 2012, 04:21 AM
Registered User
midelic's Avatar
Just now I noticed that V929 canopy is 3.4 grams weight.It is enormous in this business.I removed the canopy and the quad is like unleashed dog.
Nov 05, 2012, 04:30 AM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
Quote:
Today 02:49 AM
ArchillesElbow What do u mean by the rudder is not working?
Also what did u use instead of the landing gear, the reason I ask is to check how stable the quad is when you put in the battery and initialize the gyro...
I set it on the ends of the rotor shaft so it will sit flat to initialize the gyro then i picked it up and flew it out of my hand like ive done many times befor but this time its just not stable at all im thinking maybe since the motors are not straped down they might be moving up and down alittle bit but i honestly dont have a clue why its flying like this
Nov 05, 2012, 04:38 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
kosem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
Just now I noticed that V929 canopy is 3.4 grams weight.It is enormous in this business.I removed the canopy and the quad is like unleashed dog.
And much more silent as well.
Nov 05, 2012, 05:14 AM
Registered User
midelic's Avatar
Exactly.With canopy on, it sounds like a broken drum.
Why nobody post here a warning sign about it?It will prevent "suckers" buying new replacement canopy.Something like this.

WARNING!
DON'T BUY V929 ORIGINAL CANOPY! IT IS HEAVY AND LOUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem
And much more silent as well.
Nov 05, 2012, 05:26 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
FyreSG's Avatar
For instability issues, ensure that the booms are inserted firmly and fully into the frame.

I've shared some paper canopies in post #2. That may be a better alternative to the stock canopy.
Nov 05, 2012, 05:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240
I set it on the ends of the rotor shaft so it will sit flat to initialize the gyro then i picked it up and flew it out of my hand like ive done many times befor but this time its just not stable at all im thinking maybe since the motors are not straped down they might be moving up and down alittle bit but i honestly dont have a clue why its flying like this
Check how much of slop you have in the rotor shaft.. It maybe that the pinion is moving off the main gear whilst in flight.... Or the motor has shifted up... For the later just apply a dab if ca when it is Init's proper place...
Nov 05, 2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
I think its the shafts 2 of them are twisting. When the battery is fully charged ill try it again and ill check the slop and add CA to motors.
Nov 05, 2012, 08:11 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Lard4Hire's Avatar

V929 and Nano-Tech


Hey, dumb question maybe but I need to ask. I am getting the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from HK (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20385) for my V929. I know that there are alternate batteries from Turnigy that are recommended for the V939 but you have to change the plugs because they have reversed polarity. Is this the case with the ones for the V929? Or can I just use the Nano-Techs I ordered without modification on a V929?


Lard4Hire
Nov 05, 2012, 08:21 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire
Hey, dumb question maybe but I need to ask. I am getting the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from HK (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20385) for my V929. I know that there are alternate batteries from Turnigy that are recommended for the V939 but you have to change the plugs because they have reversed polarity. Is this the case with the ones for the V929? Or can I just use the Nano-Techs I ordered without modification on a V929?


Lard4Hire
just got those in today - no need to change anything there, its true "plug and play" ... (you can even see this in the HK picture, if you compare the plug to the stock plug and position it the same way they did ...)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Nov 05, 2012, 08:40 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Lard4Hire's Avatar

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
just got those in today - no need to change anything there, its true "plug and play" ... (you can even see this in the HK picture, if you compare the plug to the stock plug and position it the same way they did ...)
Thanks for the info. Now if only my V929 would arrive before not after the batteries!!


Lard4Hire
Nov 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire
Thanks for the info. Now if only my V929 would arrive before not after the batteries!!


Lard4Hire
hmmm ... GOOD LUCK!!!
(dont worry too much, my batteries [those exact nanos] took almost 4weeks, so there is hope ...)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Nov 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
just got those in today - no need to change anything there, its true "plug and play" ... (you can even see this in the HK picture, if you compare the plug to the stock plug and position it the same way they did ...)
I'm using them on my beat up v929, performance is comparable to stock. I was hoping for more since the Nano-tech for the v939 worked so well.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLToys Beetle quad review jameschen072 Mini Multirotor Drones 5149 Oct 29, 2014 01:57 AM
New Product WLToys Ladybird Large BRF$30; RTF$39 lao Micro Helis 7 Jun 02, 2012 10:22 PM
ladybird beetle/gws easybug nebuchadnezzar Foamies (Kits) 1 Aug 14, 2004 08:48 AM