Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:04 AM
Banjo5 is offline
Find More Posts by Banjo5
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
He's using BASCOM-AVR. You can get a time unlimited demo with a 4K code limit (which is far enough for an ATtiny13) here :
http://www.mcselec.com/index.php?opt...d=14&Itemid=41
This just keeps getting better . I saw "demo" and didn't look any further, figuring, incorrectly of course, that it would be useless.

Just unwrapped a HK 2-4 cell Lipo alarm, wondering what processor it had on. Unfortunately it's an unmarked 14 pin one. Reprogramming one of these would have been a neat solution. As it is, it's a good source of parts for under $2.


cheers,
Andrew
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:33 PM
mcmoyer is offline
Find More Posts by mcmoyer
450x, 180CFX
My camera fun has ended prematurely

After my first day of the camera, I realized how bad my props were and replaced all four of them. Then I made a camera mount canopy using the water bottle idea from another thread. I only had a few minutes to play around, but still wanted to see what I'd get video wise. Took off and it handled better than when I had the camcorder mounted below. Flew around for a few minutes before the "flutter death spiral" kicked in.

Everything would have been ok, but a slight wind pushed it towards the pool -- argh! Interestingly enough, the quad floated. I don't know if it floats in general, or because of the inverted water bottle mounted on it. Either way, the electronics in it stayed dry and so did the camera....or so I thought.

I immediately took it inside my house and hooked up the camera to my computer. I watched a few minutes of the video. Much better and no vibrations! Right after that, I had to leave. Got back home a few hours later and was greeted by some error messages from the laptop saying that the drive (the camera) had to be initialized. Ever since then, the camera turns on, but doesn't seem to do much more than that.

I guess I need to order a new one. Wish I would have gotten more than 2 days out of the first one
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:53 AM
siriux is offline
Find More Posts by siriux
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSpin View Post
the V929 will often begin its lift a little awkwardly even when initialised correctly
one side will start and come up before the other
this is an artifact of the way the flight controller firmware gets to its stable correctable state

try just a little more throttle and it should come "unstuck" from the ground and sit in the air nicely
I have the same problem, the quad goes forward when I try to lift it. I have increased speed and it lifts, but it is totally uncontrollable. Never stays in the air, always goes forward.

Im very disappointed, wait for a month for this!

Any other idea? Is there any way to compensate this with de RC?
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
halfstopper is offline
Find More Posts by halfstopper
Registered User
hi, I got the LED port on my v929 receiver board, tried place my voltmeter on the port and trigger the right button on my stock transmitter. It is giving out 3.3v which i am able to place my own LED.

May I know whats the name of the female connector. At least I can make my own cable instead of solder wire on it.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:11 AM
mystman is offline
Find More Posts by mystman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfstopper View Post
hi, I got the LED port on my v929 receiver board, tried place my voltmeter on the port and trigger the right button on my stock transmitter. It is giving out 3.3v which i am able to place my own LED.

May I know whats the name of the female connector. At least I can make my own cable instead of solder wire on it.
Micro JST 1.25 2-Pin Male , Female Connector plug
Only plugs/sockets :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-JST-1-...o_Control_Toys

Cables & sockets
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Micro-J...o_Control_Toys
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-Micro-J...o_Control_Toys
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9727
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:45 AM
BD Murdock is offline
Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
BD Murdock's Avatar

929 Halloween Ghost!


Put this together for the wee trick-or-treaters. Flew pretty well actually, got the idea from WOW Hobbies. Pay no attention to the audio...just silly beer laden people.

929 Toxic Green Ghost 2 (0 min 28 sec)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:58 AM
Banjo5 is offline
Find More Posts by Banjo5
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfstopper View Post
hi, I got the LED port on my v929 receiver board, tried place my voltmeter on the port and trigger the right button on my stock transmitter. It is giving out 3.3v which i am able to place my own LED.
Which TX is this? My RTF one, bought a couple of months ago, has the empty ports and came with a TX that doesn't have a working right button and has v929/v939 written on the faceplate. As near as I can tell it's the same TX BG sells separately.

Also haven't heard yet of anyone who's managed to get them to operate from any other TX.

cheers,
Andrew
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:13 PM
halfstopper is offline
Find More Posts by halfstopper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Which TX is this? My RTF one, bought a couple of months ago, has the empty ports and came with a TX that doesn't have a working right button and has v929/v939 written on the faceplate. As near as I can tell it's the same TX BG sells separately.

Also haven't heard yet of anyone who's managed to get them to operate from any other TX.

cheers,
Andrew
MIne also RTF which i bought 1 month ago too, The TX came tgt with the V929. I only tested with multimeter which actually giving out 3.3V. Hvnt tested with LED yet as I don't have the micro JST connector.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:14 PM
halfstopper is offline
Find More Posts by halfstopper
Registered User
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
rexless is offline
Find More Posts by rexless
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Excellent links. I had just received a pack of the wired ones from ebay this week.

One thing I seem to need is a source for light wire. I'd like paired wire for replacing connections to the motors or for adding in lights. Does anyone have a good source for this or know what the correct guage/name for this type of wire is so I can search Ali / Ebay? Thanks!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
mystman is offline
Find More Posts by mystman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Excellent links. I had just received a pack of the wired ones from ebay this week.

One thing I seem to need is a source for light wire. I'd like paired wire for replacing connections to the motors or for adding in lights. Does anyone have a good source for this or know what the correct guage/name for this type of wire is so I can search Ali / Ebay? Thanks!
It's not paired, but I'm using Kynar Wire -Size : 30 AWG, solid.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...0&LH_PrefLoc=2

Or Teflon Coated Wire 36AWG (but they are very thin)
Red : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11849
Black : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11850

Or Enameled Wire
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...ed+wire&_frs=1

Or Ribbon Cable 28AWG (Computer)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...0&LH_PrefLoc=2
Last edited by mystman; Nov 01, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:35 PM
Gavinxman is offline
Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Registered User
Gavinxman's Avatar
Does anyone have a motor I could buy for my 929 . My sons 929 needs 1 or 2 if I could get them. I have pay pal ready . I know I could get them from BG but trying to find one in the USA . don't mind paying more to have it sooner thanks !
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:52 PM
mystman is offline
Find More Posts by mystman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Does anyone have a motor I could buy for my 929 . My sons 929 needs 1 or 2 if I could get them. I have pay pal ready . I know I could get them from BG but trying to find one in the USA . don't mind paying more to have it sooner thanks !
Get mQX motors if you don't mind soldering.

For example :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-mQX-BL...ts_Accessories
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-MQX-BL...o_Control_Toys

Mabe you can get them at a LHS nearby.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
chester2240 is offline
Find More Posts by chester2240
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
what are the 4 extra jst conectors for, the ones next to the jst plugs that the motors plug into?
i dont know if i circled the right ones i but i think you wil know what i mean

Im asking because im using the 9x and wanna know if its a 5ch
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:25 PM
MassiveOverkill is offline
Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
what are the 4 extra jst conectors for, the ones next to the jst plugs that the motors plug into?
i dont know if i circled the right ones i but i think you wil know what i mean
Those are probably for the LEDS
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLToys Beetle quad review jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 5149 Oct 29, 2014 02:57 AM
New Product WLToys Ladybird Large BRF$30; RTF$39 lao Micro Helis 7 Jun 02, 2012 11:22 PM
ladybird beetle/gws easybug nebuchadnezzar Foamies (Kits) 1 Aug 14, 2004 09:48 AM