Jun 25, 2012, 05:09 PM
Sherman Knight
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum Airware Sailplane Support

This thread is specifically for owners of the DX18 that want to discuss how to program their radio to provide the Sailplane features they are looking for. Please stay on topic. This thread is not intended to discuss the merits of various manufactures programming or method of modulation.

A current copy of “The Guide to Programming a Six Servo Sailplane” is available at

Soaring USA http://www.soaringusa.com/Spektrum-DX18.html
Kennedy Composites http://www.kennedycomposites.com/transmitters.htm#
Seattle Area Soaring Society http://www.seattleareasoaringsociety.com/

As the guide is updated, information on it's availability will posted here.

Sherman Knight
Last edited by duworm; Jun 05, 2017 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2012, 06:51 AM
No bounce, No play.

16 mixes

Was just browsing the guide at Kennedy Composites. It mentions 15 non-dedicated mixes. Sholuldn't it say 16?
Jun 26, 2012, 07:08 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Typo. What happens with these things that describe features is that with every airware update they get more and more inaccurate.
Jun 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
Detail Freak
Subscribed.
Thanks for all you do, Sherman.

VR,
Target
Jun 27, 2012, 12:23 AM
Spektrum Fan Club
Subscribed, let's hope this thread doesn't get clogged up with It
Jun 27, 2012, 05:34 AM
If it ever does, you can check this one out. It's a bit more popular right now and it won't get clogged up with anything but useful info.
Jul 14, 2012, 04:08 PM
I got both my RCRCM Tomcat and Dorado slope aerobats programmed during the past week using your download Sherman. It took me quite a while to sort them out and incorporate the necessary mods to your original program to suit my purposes, but without your programming guide and download I'm sure that I'd still be nowhere near getting them operational.

I'm really grateful for your painstaking work in deciphering the DX18 software and presenting it with such clarity for us all to use. I'm planning to launch the gliders off my local slope tomorrow.

Many many thanks and best regards.

Gordon
Jul 14, 2012, 05:19 PM
Sherman Knight
Thread OP
Thanks Gordon, I really appreciate it. If you have any feedback, please let me know. Assembling a guide in this format was a first for me.

Thanks again

sherman
Jul 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
I right clicked and saved as target but when I import into the radio I got an error MSG

GPSstatus device not found.

Any comment?
Jul 18, 2012, 12:21 AM
Spektrum Fan Club
Hi all, new thread here if you are interested

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1693832
Jul 24, 2012, 06:51 AM
Hallo to everybody,

I've spent a couple of weeks on DX18 and me too follwed the guide, excellent job !!

I'm programming an F3B/F3F glider and I'm have a problem,with the Aileron to flap mixer

My flaps have a great down travel -90 degree and only +10/15 degree so when I use the AIL->FLP mixer I got the flap move far down of the Aileron.

I found no way to programm a different Travel UP and travel DOWN.

I use the flap as airbrakes only in "land" so I think that I can change the travel
of the flap during "cruise" to match the down aileron travel or in some case to have no down travel at all.

What do you think about ?

Thank you and sorry for my english

Giuseppe M
Last edited by mgmodels; Jul 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Jul 25, 2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmodels
Hallo to everybody,

I found no way to programm a different Travel UP and travel DOWN.

Giuseppe M
Sorry I missed the line flap in the Differential menu,

I've setted up the ail dif first and then activated the AIL->FLP mixers so when I was in the differential the screen only shows up Aileron.

now that I've enabled the AIL->FLP mixer in the differential screen I can adjust the differential for both Aileron AND Flap.

Thanks to Andy for the tips !

Bye
Giuseppe M
Jul 25, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sherman Knight
Thread OP

Flap Differential

Last edited by duworm; Jul 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Jul 25, 2012, 04:02 PM
Sherman Knight
Thread OP

IN an effort to make the programming simpler, the DX18 only shows you what you need to program your particular sailplane setup. The default is to show the least complicated setup out there, RES.

If you want to see all the stuff possible, you have to convince the radio it needs to show you everything. In Setup, select 2FLP, 4AIL, V-Tail and a Motor. This will “trick” the radio into thinking you are trying to setup a complicated aircraft. Then in Mixes you have to inset a value in Ail > Flp mix to turn on differential for flaps and Tip ailerons.

Once you have done the above, just about all the features are now active and will appear on the function list.

Sherman
Jul 26, 2012, 02:03 AM
Bona Fide Cub Nut
Re your post (#14)

That's really good to know!!

Thanks for continuing to give us insight into the DX18!!

Quick Reply