Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 18, 2003, 12:22 AM
GW
GW
Shula Who??
RCZohn,
I read a while back that one would not hover a 13 oz 3DX.
???? I would look into it futher before purchasing.

GW
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2003, 04:41 AM

Presenting....Just foam Southern 2 kits ready to ship Wednesday!

Whew! It's here!

I have the first kit parts ready to go. Here is a picture of the parts and what you get for $29.95 plus $5.00 shipping. All of the parts are cut from 1.3 lb EPP, except the nose block which is 1.9 lb EPP since it holds the motor shaft. I used a heavier nose block to stand the abuse we may inflict as we learn 3D . The motor shaft is not drilled out of the 1.9 lb EPP nose block so you can use either a carbon tube as the one on the web, or you can use a spruce 3/8" stick which is what I plan to use to mount my GWS gear box. Of course, the gear box and such isn't included at this price. Just the foam. Later I plan to offer complete kits; spars, motor stick, etc. But for now it's just what you see in the picture below. Exception: There are parts missing from the picture: there is a flat triangle shaped piece of foam that will mount in the front of the canopy spreading the nose out. And the ailerons are missing: I forgot to put them in the picture, so I'll modify this post later with that shot. But till then you get the idea...

I went with the tail surfaces made from the 1.3 lb foam as it is lighter, and I did have enough to get started before my new shipment arrives, so no real need to mix the foam. This kit is as true to the drawings posted as I can get, with the exception of a separate elevator verses the all flying stab. The Rudder and Stab/Elevators are slab cut foam 12mm thick. With some rounding of the leading edge this should be thick enough and strong enough to withstand the learning curve.

Now that I have these started, I can now finish my building and posting of the process. I plan to have one actually flying ASAP and we can see what others are doing as well with these first kits.

My PayPal account is [email protected]. The initial price is $29.95 plus shipping for a total of $34.95. The orders are first come first served, and folks that emailed me with requests over the last week will be given preference, as they were first in line, but by this weekend I hope to be getting caught up (Where's that UPS guy with my foam????

So guys? Are we ready to Rumble???? Woo Hoooo! It's 1:31 AM and I gotta ride with my boss again tomorrow... I'm off to bed!! Here's the kit pic:

Mark
Last edited by Mark Roberts; Nov 18, 2003 at 04:59 AM.
Nov 18, 2003, 04:43 AM

Here's the picture of the Kit

Nov 18, 2003, 05:29 AM
Experienced R/C Repairman

ordered mine

Ok Mark, I paypaled you, checked the front door 5 minutes later, still haven't recieved the kit.

Boy, do I hate this time of year when UPS gets busy.
Nov 18, 2003, 05:33 AM
Leave me alone!
Gimme gimme gimme!

Er, I mean (composing myself)... I may like to purchase one of those.

Martin
Nov 18, 2003, 06:29 AM
Sounds great Mark! Thanks for responding so fast to this great new plane design!!
Don
Nov 18, 2003, 09:31 AM
no place like cloudbase
I agree

Way to go Mark

keep up the good work

L
Nov 18, 2003, 11:19 AM
Woo Hoo! Just sent you PayPal Pseudo Cash. Now I am just waiting to tackle the Postman!
Thanks Mark.
Nov 18, 2003, 11:25 AM
I'm very impressed.

You did a really great job.

I want to order one, but I gotta wait.

Yup - too many projects in the hopper already.

Following the progress here has been great!

Thank you.

Gary
Nov 18, 2003, 11:37 AM
Insert custom witicism
I'm in! Sent Paypal!............(is it here yet?)........(how 'bout now?) Good grief, shipping seems to take forever! Just kidding Mark, thanks for all your hard work, look forward to building one of these.

Jeff
Nov 18, 2003, 11:50 AM
Just sent my money

Can't wait

Ron
Nov 18, 2003, 12:18 PM
On the original plane of the designer, he put what looked to be some sort of paint sprayed around the tip areas, kind of like hilights. My question is what kind of paint was used, that did not hurt the foam?

Ron
Nov 18, 2003, 12:33 PM

Paint

He said he used polyurethane paint. Latex paint would also work, and probably other types.
Nov 18, 2003, 12:49 PM
Don't forget to get your carbon fiber rods!

http://www.nyblimp.com/superior/carbon.htm
Nov 18, 2003, 01:18 PM
Will Crash for Food...
Does anyone have plans to ARF one? With a completed wing and fuse (or nearly so)? I'm not sure my building skills are up to working with pieces like that.

How much for one that just needs the wing put in the Fuse and the electronics and controls put in?

Blackwood

Quick Reply